The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

so,,going back to the 2 year champions lge ban it stands atm... but has a hearing date been set for the appeal , given that there's no live footie to distract.. would have thought they'd have enuf time on their hands to get this concluded asap.

City formally registered their appeal against the two-year ban from Champions League football to the Court of Arbitration for Sport on February 26.

CAS will be hearing cases via video link in the absence of in-person hearings - no in-person hearings would be conducted before May - and have urged the relevant parties to instead use conference calls, or cancel their hearings and have the outcome decided on the written submissions.

City are open to a conference call, per Soriano’s message to City's staff last week, and remain keen to resolve the matter as quickly as possible, although City's appeal was not among the list of 18 cases scheduled to be heard between April 23 and June 26.

The ball seems to be in CAS's court.

Immaculate timing Ricky days after both Aaron Wan..Ka and Reece James named Sterling as their toughest opponent - do remember that Sterling on the left vs those rightbacks is not his natural side.

Do us a favour and put up the Agueroooooo goal and Rednose crying video will you. ????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Immaculate timing Ricky days after both Aaron Wan..Ka and Reece James named Sterling

AWB doing that is the equivalent of a fighter giving opponent he's just knocked out the customary hug, and "you will always be my hero man".

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

AWB doing that is the equivalent of a fighter giving opponent he's just knocked out the customary hug, and "you will always be my hero man".

You do realise AWB didn't actually win anything for that don't you!! I'm sure Raheem is hugging his premier league medals, whilst AWB is still hugging fresh air

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise AWB didn't actually win anything for that don't you!! I'm sure Raheem is hugging his premier league medals, whilst AWB is still hugging fresh air

Jonathan Greening has a Champions League medal. What's your point?

On 4/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

City formally registered their appeal against the two-year ban from Champions League football to the Court of Arbitration for Sport on February 26.

CAS will be hearing cases via video link in the absence of in-person hearings - no in-person hearings would be conducted before May - and have urged the relevant parties to instead use conference calls, or cancel their hearings and have the outcome decided on the written submissions.

City are open to a conference call, per Soriano’s message to City's staff last week, and remain keen to resolve the matter as quickly as possible, although City's appeal was not among the list of 18 cases scheduled to be heard between April 23 and June 26.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/news-detail/article/list-of-hearings-2.html

Not quite sure why you randomly picked this game, but thanks for the memories.

City were the European Cup Winners Cup holders and Chelsea were the FA Cup holders. Chelsea beat Real Madrid in the final. United struggled that season under Wilf McG.

You briefly see it, but that was the first season of the North Stand. The Scoreboard End had been demolished (but you can see the old scoreboard running behind the goals...bloke at HT put the scores up manually). North Stand had been built but it was terracing only, the seats went in the following season.

Team was:

Goals

Subs

I don't recall Carter or Johnson at all.

Team:

John Boyle
Charlie Cooke
John Dempsey
Ron Harris (C)
Peter Houseman
Alan Hudson
Paddy Mulligan
John Phillips (GK)
Derek Smethurst
David Webb
Keith Weller

Some decent players. Playing with other kids on the estate after the 70 FA Cup Final, I'd be Charlie Cooke and my older brother be Eddie Gray.

Pretty sure we had both those subbeteo club kits. Love our red n black; huge favourite with City fans (wore by trophy winning teams of that era and similar by Mancini's team). Like that Chelsea away kit too.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

IMO, the English clubs should stick together on this issue.

If City are banned, I reckon the other eligible clubs (for the CL) should say 'Thanks, but no thanks'.

Have to show solidarity in this. I'll be writing to my club secretary saying just this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Kavilishvili... never quite hit the same heights as 'Kinky' did he

Before your time surely. 

Shelia, Tskhadadze, Kavelashvili, etc, all bought to keep Kinky company (boom tish!).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Before your time surely. 

Shelia, Tskhadadze, Kavelashvili, etc, all bought to keep Kinky company (boom tish!).

I remember that era... looks like Uwe Rosler was angry with someone after he scored that goal. 

One of my lads asked me yesterday who was Matt Le Tissier like? He was brilliant wasn't he, and like no one else. 

If this doesn't get you excited...love the goal at 3 mins (is that Newcastle? Beresford?) and the chip at 4.30 minutes vs Peter Schmeichel.

Some players like Le Tiss only score brilliant goals, never tap ins (Yaya was another one).

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

One of my lads asked me yesterday who was Matt Le Tissier like? He was brilliant wasn't he, and like no one else. 

If this doesn't get you excited...love the goal at 3 mins (is that Newcastle? Beresford?) and the chip at 4.30 minutes vs Peter Schmeichel.

Some players like Le Tiss only score brilliant goals, never tap ins (Yaya was another one).

Poor man's Cantona.... in some of those earlier clips he actually shows a bit of pace!

Edited by RickG16

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Poor man's Cantona.... in some of those earlier clips he actually shows a bit of pace!

The only reason Le Tiss didn't get dozens of caps for England was his refusal to move.

He was no poor man's anything....a truly wonderful goalscorer.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The only reason Le Tiss didn't get dozens of caps for England was his refusal to move.

Exactly, he had no pace. Cantona could score similarly outrageous goals but was an athlete and excellent target man too.... hence why I said poor man's Cantona. 

He's also genuinely French! Not from those islands in the middle of the channel! 

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm with you on this one Ronnie. Le Tiss, brilliant player and no poor man's anything.

• Like 1

Leroy Sané's new management team, LIAN, has spoken regarding the future of the Manchester City winger. One argument for a potential move to Bayern Munich is that Sane himself believes he can win the Champions League with the Bundesliga side.

Let him go being if that is what he thinks, probably true but that's not the point.

24 minutes ago, singasong said:

Leroy Sané's new management team, LIAN, has spoken regarding the future of the Manchester City winger. One argument for a potential move to Bayern Munich is that Sane himself believes he can win the Champions League with the Bundesliga side.

Let him go being if that is what he thinks, probably true but that's not the point.

As a City fan, what do you think about your current situation with the authorities?

I take it you are angry with your owners for not doing things by the book?

35 minutes ago, singasong said:

I don't think Bayern could have won it this season. They were lucky at the Bridge. I fancied the Blues to do the bizzo in Germany; and go on to the final,

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As a City fan, what do you think about your current situation with the authorities?

I take it you are angry with your owners for not doing things by the book?

I'm not to be to be honest. I don't know if our owners did or didn't do the things by the books as you say. Owners say we are not guilty. UEFA says we are. None of us know. So we all await the CAS outcome with interest.

But nice try.

You don't seem to spend much time on the United thread these days.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm not to be to be honest. I don't know if our owners did or didn't do the things by the books as you say. Owners say we are not guilty. UEFA says we are. None of us know. So we all await the CAS outcome with interest.

But nice try.

You don't seem to spend much time on the United thread these days.

Did I miss something ???? I wasn't talking to you.