The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

As a City fan, what do you think about your current situation with the authorities?

I take it you are angry with your owners for not doing things by the book?

In all honestly i'm not to bothered, i'm resigned to the fact that we are never going to win the Champions League anyway well certainly not in my lifetime and hopefully i have a few years to go, plus Europe has never been good for us, what is it ? 1 European trophy in our history, dismal for a club with our stature and money.

10 minutes ago, singasong said:

In all honestly i'm not to bothered, i'm resigned to the fact that we are never going to win the Champions League anyway well certainly not in my lifetime and hopefully i have a few years to go, plus Europe has never been good for us, what is it ? 1 European trophy in our history, dismal for a club with our stature and money.

Well said. 

1 hour ago, singasong said:

Singasong, one more thing... considering what you rightly say here, at this stage would you prefer to win the Premier League again, or the Champions League?

I mean City really need to make their mark in Europe to be considered one of the big boys, don't they?  

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Singasong, one more thing... considering what you rightly say here, at this stage would you prefer to win the Premier League again, or the Champions League?

I mean City really need to make their mark in Europe to be considered one of the big boys, don't they?  

The CL is the only major trophy we haven't won so yes it would be nice and too be considered a big club i think you do need to have won the CL, name me a big club that hasn't won the CL ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, singasong said:

The CL is the only major trophy we haven't won so yes it would be nice and too be considered a big club i think you do need to have won the CL, name me a big club that hasn't won the CL ?

Well now I know some of your fans do see the bigger picture... unlike the chuckle brothers @mrbojangles @Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Well now I know some of your fans do see the bigger picture... unlike the chuckle brothers @mrbojangles 

Where have either BB or myself EVER said we don't want to win the CL? Of course we would love to win it (if only to shut you up ???? ) we have only ever said that we would prefer to win the PL.

You also don't seem to understand why we have a dislike for UEFA.

Have a quick read of this, it's just a quick overview and it may help you understand:-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-boo-uefa-anthem-13674961

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Rick's one of those on the footie forum who doesn't read what's written but how they want it to read.

I asked Singalong which he would PREFER to win, and he said the CL, because he realises you can't be a big club until you win it. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I asked Singalong which he would PREFER to win, and he said the CL

No he didn't say he'd "prefer", he said it would be nice (which it would). He said this:-

6 hours ago, singasong said:

Are there no levels you wouldn't stoop to, to try and twist things?

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No he didn't say he'd "prefer", he said it would be nice (which it would). He said this:-

Are there no levels you wouldn't stoop to, to try and twist things?

You are trying, unsuccessfully, to twist things. That was his answer to 'wouldn't you prefer to win the CL than PL'. Which indicates that he would prefer to win the CL. 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just more paranoia... that they are changing rules especially to irk you.

And I'm sorry, I'm all for larger fines for racism... but you think you can turn up late for kick off and think you can get away with it? Talk about delusions of grandeur! 

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are trying, unsuccessfully, to twist things. That was his answer to 'wouldn't you prefer to win the CL than PL'. Which indicates that he would prefer to win the CL. 

Again, telling Porky Pies. You didn't say that, you said:-

"at this stage would you prefer to win the Premier League again, or the Champions League?"

To which Singasong replied:-

"The CL is the only major trophy we haven't won so yes it would be nice and too be considered a big club i think you do need to have won the CL, name me a big club that hasn't won the CL ?"

Singasong didn't actually answer your question. He just said yes it would be nice but didn't state which he would "prefer"to win. Now, maybe he'll come back and clarify later but at the moment, Singasong hasn't stated his preference, so stop putting words in his mouth

'Former Manchester City player Dickson Etuhu has been banned for five years after being found guilty of trying to bribe a player to fix a game in Sweden'

What's that old saying?......"You can take a girl out of the bar but you'll never take the bar out of the girl"????

12 minutes ago, wilai said:

'Former Manchester City player Dickson Etuhu has been banned for five years after being found guilty of trying to bribe a player to fix a game in Sweden'

What's that old saying?......"You can take a girl out of the bar but you'll never take the bar out of the girl"????

Nigerian who grew up in London. Say no more ????

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nigerian who grew up in London. Say no more ????

But who came through the city youth system... very promising player at one stage I recall.

It's funny, seems like for all the gazillions into the academy, you used to product a lot more talent.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think he actually only spent about 2 years at City

Micah Richards came across very well on TV. You'd think there'd be some kind of role for him at City. But maybe you need to be Spanish or Brian Kidd. 

Rick, sadly is showing himself to be extremely bitter. He spends more time on here trying to wind up than on the ManU. He's morphed in to R2D2.

Get your head straight Ricky and wise up to this isn't 1999. City are sitting at the top table (looks like Newcastle will be along soon to join us ???? )

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Micah Richards came across very well on TV. You'd think there'd be some kind of role for him at City. But maybe you need to be Spanish or Brian Kidd. 

He has a role at City! 

He also has a media career though to be honest he's on tv too much.

What's with the comment on Kiddo? 

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's funny, seems like for all the gazillions into the academy, you used to product a lot more talent

That hasn't changed, we did and we continue to produce young talent, the difference between now and 20 years ago is the bar is higher to get in the first team.

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

"at this stage would you prefer to win the Premier League again, or the Champions League?"

"The CL is the only major trophy we haven't won so yes it would be nice and too be considered a big club i think you do need to have won the CL, name me a big club that hasn't won the CL ?"

Singasong didn't actually answer your question. He just said yes it would be nice but didn't state which he would "prefer"to win. Now, maybe he'll come back and clarify later but at the moment, Singasong hasn't stated his preference, so stop putting words in his mouth

Just to clarify, due to having won the PL/ 1st div 6 times and having never got close to winning the CL, yes i would prefer to win the CL to give us a full house, in all honestly i would have thought that makes sense.

Edited by singasong
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, mrbojangles said:

Bit of a waste of time this post wasn't it. And you went to town with the red font and everything. Shame. 

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Bit of a waste of time this post wasn't it. And you went to town with the red font and everything. Shame. 

Not really. At the time he didn't clarify. Now he has clarified his opinion. No problem but the majority of City fans don't agree with him

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

How do you know... have you done a poll?

No but EVERY single City fan I know, including season ticket holders, ALL prefer to win the PL. I have said it time and again. We would love to win the CL but not at the expense of the PL. I don't understand your problem with that view.