The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

GREAT NEWS!

Pep's signed a 2 year extension until the summer of 2023. Woo-hoo!

Does that mean Messi is coming and Aguero staying? Time will tell. Imagine, Messi in a City shirt and watching him every week, it'd be amazing. Fingers crossed.

Good news for you guys and good news for the Premiership. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

GREAT NEWS!

Pep's signed a 2 year extension until the summer of 2023. Woo-hoo!

Does that mean Messi is coming and Aguero staying? Time will tell. Imagine, Messi in a City shirt and watching him every week, it'd be amazing. Fingers crossed.

Yeah excellent news. Two fingers up to all those who said he'd only stay at "little City" for a couple of years.

Read the other day that Messi said he'd only come if both Aguero and Pep were at City

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

It's called the Premier League now.

Glad to see you back sir... You were MIA for a while. Last seen being bantered hard about West Ham's dealings with Kia Joorabchian.

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's called the Premier League now.

Glad to see you back sir... You were MIA for a while. Last seen being bantered hard about West Ham's dealings with Kia Joorabchian.

Who gives a <deleted>. 

I can assure you I have not been missing. “Last seen being bantered hard...”

I am not sure how I could have been seen when I haven't even seen or read it myself or have any desire to. 

Was it when you were having your Rambo day? 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

What a vote of no confidence on either side. The measly 2 year contract will not entice Messi who will be a flop in the prem anyway. 2 years of fake superlatives and maybe a quarter final in the champs league awaits. Hats off. 

Another rivals attempts scuppered.

Sweet.

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

What a vote of no confidence on either side. The measly 2 year contract will not entice Messi who will be a flop in the prem anyway. 2 years of fake superlatives and maybe a quarter final in the champs league awaits. Hats off. 

Another rivals attempts scuppered.

Sweet.

Many thanks for your input.

Taken with a big pinch of salt

51 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Many thanks for your input.

Taken with a big pinch of salt

Oh, ok then so dare you with all your years of supporting experience and football nous care to explain why your top gun of a manager has been given a 2 year contract? 

Let's be clear, if it was Moyes there would be no question.

A 2 year contract smacks of uncertainty on both sides.

Enjoy your salt.

Bb

Just now, mrbojangles said:

......... extension 

Semantics sunny. Crappy 2 year extension contract whatever. Your man has given up and is simply out of his depth. He's never had a job as difficult and he's showing he ain't no messiah. Blatent overhype. Your welcome to him though he's no JK and Jose looks a stronger character too. No bounce back on your boy whatsoever. He's shallow, like your rubbish responses.

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Terrific news, he can lead man city to where they belong in mediocreville and he can spend another 400 million and still never get near a CL final ever again. 

• Haha 1

I see La Liga President Tebas is gobbing off again. Claiming City will only get Messi cos we don't play to FFP rules. How on earth he can say that when Barca and RM are up s### creek. Apparently Barca are trying to make players take pay cuts or they might go bust. How are UEFA letting them get away with that under FFP? 

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Got a few injuries then? Please tell all!

Injuries; and Covid; inevitable for many of those jetting around for internationals and back again into Europe next week. Spurs included. 

Jamie Vardy has retired from England duty so should be nicely rested up. Leicester could take some shifting off the top of the league. Mrs V £20K+ richer after court win over Rooney's missus.

Spurs v City has draw all over it.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know what to say about that one except typical Mourinho. Pep needs to learn the way he plays

Too familiar story Mr B. Dominate possession, lovely to watch but no cutting edge. You have to say tactically, Mourinho done a job on him. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know what to say about that one except typical Mourinho. Pep needs to learn the way he plays

Downright depressing. City continue to lose out to these smart sides that let us have all that possession and then kill us on the counter. Makes we wish we would do the same thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Downright depressing. City continue to lose out to these smart sides that let us have all that possession and then kill us on the counter. Makes we wish we would do the same thing.

Makes even more depressing that Ronnie is bouncing around like a giggling Haggis

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Makes even more depressing that Ronnie is bouncing around like a giggling Haggis

Be all the more sweeter when they still don't win anything.........but saying that if they get through the next few games and are still up there they have every chance. 

Edited by Kadilo

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Your lot fell apart second half...whilst ours worked even harder...and that is the difference.

Kane and Son were all over the park helping out....great to see that team spirit.

And yes....Mourinho tactically spot on...tippy tappy all day long lads!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your lot fell apart second half...whilst ours worked even harder...and that is the difference.

Kane and Son were all over the park helping out....great to see that team spirit.

Kane was immense. 

It's funny... When Jose is at Spurs it's a tactical masterclass, if he was at United it's parking the bus.

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Indeed! Killing it in the prediction comp and now a disciple of Mourinho. How the worm has turned.:bah:

More faces than Worzel Gummidge me! :post-4641-1156694572:

Pep's side reminds me of the Wenger team....loads of possession but just can't get the opposition broken down and well....we are among the best at breaking from deep....thought it was a great move getting Bergwin to stretch your defence....Bale could never have done that.

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Kane was immense. 

It's funny... When Jose is at Spurs it's a tactical masterclass, if he was at United it's parking the bus.

No mate. It was parking the bus yesterday as well. Only one team wanted to play. The other wanted a smash and grab. They can say masterclass all they want but I would hate to see that style of football every week and only a couple of years ago, the Spurs fans were saying the same.

Spurs can claim the victory but would you really want stats like this at home every week?

Possession %     Spurs 33.9          City 66.1

Total shots          Spurs 4                 City 22

Shots on target      Spurs 2             City 5

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

but just can't get the opposition broken down and well....we are among the best at breaking from deep....thought it was a great move getting Bergwin to stretch your defence....Bale could never have done that.

Can't believe how proud you are of playing that style at home. 11 men behind the ball and getting the opposition on the break. I can understand the bottom quarter of the Prem playing that submissive style but not Spurs. I much preferred Poch's style. Mourinho will bore you to death

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

More faces than Worzel Gummidge me! :post-4641-1156694572:

Pep's side reminds me of the Wenger team....loads of possession but just can't get the opposition broken down and well....we are among the best at breaking from deep....thought it was a great move getting Bergwin to stretch your defence....Bale could never have done that.

The  Kiss Of Death

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't think we fell apart at any time, but we were better 1st half (we've tailed off 2nd half most games...fitness?).

As we've done for this and last season, we struggled to break down a team set-up defensively for the counter - unfortunately for us, almost all teams bar Liverpool play against us that way - and got hit by quick counters. For the 2nd goal, Mahrez won the ball and hastily tried to get it to Jesus when we would have had a 2v1 on the edge of the box, but Mahrez screwed up his pass and seconds later Edison - he was poor yesterday - was nutmegged. 

Don't know why Pep continues with inverted wingers against low block teams! 

At 1v0 early 2nd half, Torres had stopped being effective left side and it was THEN Pep should have brought on Sterling and Foden for Mahrez and Torres. At 2v0 his substitution were too late.