The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I'm genuinely pondering whether the make up of a club's players can make a difference when it comes to derbies.

If we beat you at the weekend, how would it feel to lose to a team with Henderson, Maguire, AWB, McTominay, Rashford and Greenwood in it, when you struggle to field a single British player apart from Sterling and Walker. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

when you struggle to field a single British player apart from Sterling and Walker. 

This is what makes me laugh about your posts ick. Just read what you wrote again. It doesn't make sense.

It's like me saying, ÿeah but apart from those 5 english players you named, you'd struggle to name a single player"

Oh and Henderson won't play. 

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

This is what makes me laugh about your posts ick. Just read what you wrote again. It doesn't make sense.

It's like me saying, ÿeah but apart from those 5 english players you named, you'd struggle to name a single player"

Oh and Henderson won't play. 

OK let's say 2 out of 11. Genuinely wondering how you feel about that on derby day.

In the same way I wonder how I'd feel if Spanish and probably Catalan was spoken freely in the corridors of Carrington, almost like the club's first language, as we saw in the doc. When you see that can you honestly say City still has a soul? 

Edited by RickG16

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

In the same way I wonder how I'd feel if Spanish and probably Catalan was spoken freely in the corridors of Carrington, almost like the club's first language, as we saw in the doc. When you see that can you honestly say City still has a soul? 

Your scraping the barrel now Rick. Players speak the easiest language to converse with each other. Why on earth wouldn't they? Do you speak Thai all the time in Thailand when you're speaking with someone from England?

What language do you think Cavanni, De Gea, Fred, Romero and Fernandez speak with each other? 

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Your scraping the barrel now Rick. Players speak the easiest language to converse with each other. Why on earth wouldn't they? Do you speak Thai all the time in Thailand when you're speaking with someone from England?

What language do you think Cavanni, De Gea, Fred, Romero and Fernandez speak with each other? 

This was different and you know it. All those coaching meetings and meetings of the club's hierarchy were in Spanish / Catalan.

Forget the fact it is City, I found it scary that any English club could have it's identity gutted like that. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This was different and you know it. All those coaching meetings and meetings of the club's hierarchy were in Spanish / Catalan.

Forget the fact it is City, I found it scary that any English club could have it's identity gutted like that. 

You're being ridiculous and your argument holds no water. If United had a squad of 25 English players, English Manager and English back room staff, I would sort of understand but you don't.

When was the last time United had an English Manager? Ron Atkinson in 1981. We have had 13 (14 if you include Brian Kidd) since you had Atkinson. So don't talk to me about foreigners and non English people at clubs

Just now, mrbojangles said:

You're being ridiculous and your argument holds no water. If United had a squad of 25 English players, English Manager and English back room staff, I would sort of understand but you don't.

When was the last time United had an English Manager? Ron Atkinson in 1981. We have had 13 (14 if you include Brian Kidd) since you had Atkinson. So don't talk to me about foreigners and non English people at clubs

I made no reference to English as I believe we are in a country called the UK.

If there had of been coaching and executive meetings in a foreign language on TV at United there would have been a general outcry and ridiculing. Because it's City nobody cares. 

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wrong. The UK is a Union NOT a country. Once again your narrative is shot to bits.

It's a minor detail and not at all related to City Football Group being a soulless Arab experiment run by people speaking a foreign language. 

The fact you are desperately trying to change the subject shows you feel it... This isn't the City Football Club you knew. Of course it's a big uneasy conflict of emotions, because you know who you owe your recent successes to.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's a minor detail and not at all related to City Football Group being a soulless Arab experiment run by people speaking a foreign language. 

The fact you are desperately trying to change the subject shows you feel it... This isn't the City Football Club you knew. Of course it's a big uneasy conflict of emotions, because you know who you owe your recent successes to.

It's only "minor" cos you got it totally wrong and are trying to downplay it. It's not the SPL we play in and so anyone from Scotland coming into England is a foreigner. 

As for Arab experiment. It's better than your American experiment who are robbing you blind whilst our owner supports and invests in us. As for foreign language. Have you heard Khaldoon speak? His English is most likely better than yours. He's more articulate that's for sure.

Listen Rick. You started this little dance out of the blue. If you don't like getting spun around, go sit at the bar ???? 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, RickG16 said:

It's all shaping up to quote a fascinating derby. The way you attack seems the polar opposite of us, almost loitering around the opposition penalty area in numbers, whereas we seem to attack in a flash, sometimes works out sometimes goes tits up. 

One way isn't necessarily better than the other, just very different.

I make you favourites going into this. 

Last season ManU beat City 3 times.

Currently ManU are 4th (?) and above City.

This weekend ManU have home advantage.

City are coming off our worst PL start since I think Stuart Pearce and Beeny horse days.

City are not the team of 198 points seasons.

I would have thought based on the above that ManU are favourites going in to this.

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Rick really is scraping the barrel in his attempt to construct a debate/discussion/argument here. Comical.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City are coming off our worst PL start since I think Stuart Pearce and Beeny horse days.

City are not the team of 198 points seasons.

But a lot of the same players are still there. We have also been inconsistent at home. City are favourites... but anyway we have a bit of leeway now in the league. Tonight is a more important game.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:07 AM, RickG16 said:

????????made my morning this conversation. 

Like Liverpool's game, ours was also a dead rubber last night. Lacked energy in the first half but looked like Pep rollocked them at half time.

So happy to see Aguero back. Totally ring rusty after being out for so long but comes on after 70 minutes and scores within a few minutes. We don't half miss him when he's out and need to really think how we replace him when he leaves

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So happy to see Aguero back. Totally ring rusty after being out for so long but comes on after 70 minutes and scores within a few minutes. We don't half miss him when he's out and need to really think how we replace him when he leaves

Harry Kane????

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Dybala may be available although Juve would rather swap him for Pogba......On the other hand. you could get The Hulk on a free!????

59 minutes ago, jellydog said:

So Aguero out being "unwell" and Stones instead of Laporte. Never a dull moment......:blink:

Aguero stomach bug apparently. Stones, to be fair has been playing well alongside Dias

I also think i would have preferred Torres playing instead of Jesus

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Aguero stomach bug apparently. Stones, to be fair has been playing well alongside Dias

I also think i would have preferred Torres playing instead of Jesus

Yeah, Torres for me as well. I somehow missed that Stones has moved in front of Laporte. A bit of a shocker.

27 minutes ago, jellydog said:

This one beginning to remind me of that horrible 0-0 draw of two or three years ago. Maybe Torres will come to the rescue.

Well, that was bad in every way except we didn't drop all three. A horrible waste of nearly two hours though. I would have had a better time tweezering nose hairs.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Well, that was bad in every way except we didn't drop all three. A horrible waste of nearly two hours though. I would have had a better time tweezering nose hairs.

Yeah. Dull as dishwater. Possibly the worst derby in recent memory. 2 teams cancelling each other out