The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Enjoy your early season leaders Trophy cos you won't get the end of the season Trophy, you boring park the bus and smash and grab bottlers

Arteta IN!

Can't upset me today mrboj...the gift just gave again hahaha!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Looks like David Silva will have a chance to kick some Man United butt.:clap2:

Are you an American teenager? You even manage to make a statement like that sound wimpy.

What a waste of the internet you are softdog. 

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Enjoy your early season leaders Trophy cos you won't get the end of the season Trophy, you boring park the bus and smash and grab bottlers

You forgot about their '6-1 trophy', and their 'being able to attract Mourinho and Bale trophy', they probably regard themselves as treble winners already. 

53 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Blues, can you give a % on Mahrez to start vs WBA? He was benched after an hour vs us but didn't play much worse than anyone else?

Seems like either him or Jesus would be most likely to make way for anyone else? 

He'll definitely start

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Just a % mate... Your honest opinion. 65? 

I have given up on reading Pep's mind but I reckon he'll change things around from the weekend and play Torres and or Silva. Maybe Torres instead of Mahrez or Torres instead of Jesus and Silva instead of Mahrez. Just my opinion which means naught ????

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I have given up on reading Pep's mind but I reckon he'll change things around from the weekend and play Torres and or Silva. Maybe Torres instead of Mahrez or Torres instead of Jesus and Silva instead of Mahrez. Just my opinion which means naught ????

Sounds like Mahrez out you reckon... But was about his performance vs Burnley and the fact he didn't play the full 90 vs us so should be fairly fresh. 

<deleted> it I'm making him captain.

Still a comfortable 13 points ahead of @wilai so all good.

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Sounds like Mahrez out you reckon... But was about his performance vs Burnley and the fact he didn't play the full 90 vs us so should be fairly fresh. 

<deleted> it I'm making him captain.

Still a comfortable 13 points ahead of @wilai so all good.

Pep does it again. Mahrez on the bench but no Silva or Torres starting either ????

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep does it again. Mahrez on the bench but no Silva or Torres starting either ????

Worked out well because he didn't come on. Kane is my vice captain, looking forward to him terrorising the scousers. 

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'm having a tough time watching City recently. Such a disjointed attack. What in God's name is Pep doing in practice?

Disappointed with the result but it must be hard trying to break down teams who park all the players behind the ball. Those are the games when we really miss David Silva who could usually find an hole in the defence 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Change the record. We are never allowed to use that excuse. It's a problem all the big teams face at home. 

Nobody parks the bus against you lot anymore. It's you who parks it

As for change the record. What is wrong with the statement? They did park the bus and we struggled to break them down. It's why we miss Silva. That's a fact, it's not an excuse. We should have got through

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Nobody parks the bus against you lot anymore. It's you who parks it

You are becoming very good at making big generalisations with little thought. We can counter-attack against other top 6 teams, but in general I'd say 75 per cent of teams come to OT and set up with 2 banks of 4.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are becoming very good at making big generalisations with little thought. We can counter-attack against other top 6 teams, but in general I'd say 75 per cent of teams come to OT and set up with 2 banks of 4.

You get a pen every game so you must be getting players in the box.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Disappointed with the result but it must be hard trying to break down teams who park all the players behind the ball. Those are the games when we really miss David Silva who could usually find an hole in the defence 

All true MrB, but I wish we would go for the jugular from the beginning of the match, not just the last 10 minutes. The tempo needs to be ramped up!