The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And therein lies your issue. You are trying to nit pick because you are scared to death we are going to do it.

I've come to terms with the fact that City are probably going to win a CL sooner or later.

Who would you prefer to play in the final?

Guess tonight vs PSG 2nd leg Pep will start with: 

Ederson;

Walker, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko;

De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan;

Mahrez, Bernardo, Foden.

Depending on how they play tonight collectively and individually, and considering any injuries they may pick up, that Pep might also start that 11 vs Chelsea (maybe with the odd minor tweak).

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Prepare to be further annoyed. Here is, apparently, the third kit for next season.

E0iswGwXEAAd6Er.jpg

No chance. Possibly from the training range. No team has their name emblazened across the front with the crest not there

• Like 1

Well done City!  Great achievement! Now fingers crossed for an all England final   BTW  How  you managed to beat the great manager Pochettino. (who, remind me has won?????????). I will never know.    So Mbappe was fit enough to be on the bench  but never played a minute? I don't get that!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyup said:

Well done City!  Great achievement! Now fingers crossed for an all England final   BTW  How  you managed to beat the great manager Pochettino. (who, remind me has won?????????). I will never know.    So Mbappe was fit enough to be on the bench  but never played a minute? I don't get that!  

Game of bluff having Mbappe on the bench; bluff blown when Kean came on for the useless Icardi.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

I think I'll leave this right here as part of the celebration.

E0knKzJWEAMg3WE.jpg

Still living in your heads rent free!

I guaranteed if we'd just made it to a CL Final the last thing I'd be thinking about is City. Always nice to see the small club mentality shining through though. 

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Still living in your heads rent free!

I guaranteed if we'd just made it to a CL Final the last thing I'd be thinking about is City. Always nice to see the small club mentality shining through though. 

But isn't that the same as your club having a countdown banner in your stadium. 

Not enjoying the noisy neighbours dominance are you ????

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

But isn't that the same as your club having a countdown banner in your stadium. 

Not enjoying the noisy neighbours dominance are you ????

Certainly not reached a Fergie level of dominance yet.

I wouldn't say it is the same as a countdown banner... RIP Fergie is very distasteful and City apologised at the time. Oozing class as always!

Sorry there's one more thing... why is softdog celebrating now? Aren't you meant to wait until you win the thing?

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Certainly not reached a Fergie level of dominance yet.

I wouldn't say it is the same as a countdown banner... RIP Fergie is very distasteful and City apologised at the time. Oozing class as always!

Sorry there's one more thing... why is softdog celebrating now? Aren't you meant to wait until you win the thing?

And i don't think any team will ever have such a dominance again as many clubs have wealth these days instead of just 2 or 3 like back then. Check out the Deloitte wealth table and the number of English clubs in the top 30.

The RIP Fergie was in response to? Come on Rick what was it? It was in response to HIS stupid "no in my lifetime" comment. He set himself up with his stupid comments about City at the time which City's performances have rammed down his throat.

Don't all clubs celebrate getting to the next round...and we are all well aware we could win or lose it in the final.

So many salty tears Rick.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And i don't think any team will ever have such a dominance again as many clubs have wealth these days instead of just 2 or 3 like back then. Check out the Deloitte wealth table and the number of English clubs in the top 30.

The RIP Fergie was in response to? Come on Rick what was it? It was in response to HIS stupid "no in my lifetime" comment. He set himself up with his stupid comments about City at the time which City's performances have rammed down his throat.

Don't all clubs celebrate getting to the next round...and we are all well aware we could win or lose it in the final.

So many salty tears Rick.

As I said, no tears from me. Already comes to terms with the fact you may win it sooner rather than later.

For a number of reasons though I am hoping Madrid make it to the final.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

As I said, no tears from me.

And yet you are the only person to come on here nitpicking about Trebles, RIP Fergie, etc.

Like all ManU fans you say you're not bothered about City but that's bollacks [not a swear word Wilai if you know your Sex pistols legal case history].

I mean, would you even be protesting if our and your performances post Ferris were reversed, if you had a modern stadium instead of worndown OT, if your owners showed level of interest as our owners? No you wouldn't. Who lives in whose head? ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I would like to see fellow anti-establishment  Chelsea get to the final. But I think playing RM may suit us more (could be wrong).

Agreed. RM looked an old tired outfit in the first leg. I hope Chelsea’s failure to finish them off does not come to bite them but I think TT is a lot smarter than Lamps and will kot allow that to happen. 

Chelsea will make it a lot more difficult for you but having 2 PL teams in the final is what is most fans want to see imo. (Well those that are not bitter from their own teams dismal show)