The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, champers said:

I would agree that seeing Fernandhino starting was a surprise but he was MOM for me. Zinchenko's run for the 1st goal was a great piece of play.

Well done City.

The birthday boy (36) and THE Master of <deleted>housery take a bow.

Give him an extension now!!!

Ez1iROgUcAA1aoT.jpeg

Hoping vs Chelsea this weekend that Pep goes with that exact same starting XI as last night vs PSG except for Laporte for the banned Stones. No more playing the B or 2nd XI team Pep until the PL is decided - it never seems to work or is a grind when he plays them.

Post removed. As previously requested, please do not use quotes from #twitter containing expletives. NB would be more difficult to spot if a normal sized font was used rather than the oversized one.????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The birthday boy (36) and THE Master of <deleted>housery take a bow.

Give him an extension now!!!

Ez1iROgUcAA1aoT.jpeg

Kept Zinchenko on the pitch when he looked like talking himself into a red card. He would have missed the final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, champers said:

Kept Zinchenko on the pitch when he looked like talking himself into a red card. He would have missed the final.

Great pic of Fernandinho. He's a nasty and unforgiving rascal, and what a footballer. I'd be surprised if he's not a coach down the road.

54 minutes ago, wilai said:

Post removed. As previously requested, please do not use quotes from #twitter containing expletives. NB would be more difficult to spot if a normal sized font was used rather than the oversized one.????

Jesus Christ, who made you a mod, probably the other plastic kopite Charlie h.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Screenshot_20210506-202209_Chrome.jpg

I'm pretty sure he was invited and didn't volunteer. And on that basis, should he have refused and sat at home twiddling his thumbs?

Many sports teams bring in inspirational speakers on big occasions. On this occasion it seems like Neymar and co were beyond saving. Or they couldn't understand a word he was saying! 

^^^

And seeing as he is chummy with Poch, should he have turned his mate down at such a request on the eve of a massive game? His loyalty to Poch is far greater than his loyalty to City!!!

He may or may not have given a team talk to PSG, like City fans care.

I reckon the real reason he was there, was to kowtow, on behalf of your club, to PSGs president who  was recently appointed as the new European Club Association chairman; a bit of trying to repair broken bridges exercise.

Interesting article today in The Athletic by their best writer (my opinion) and Forest fan, Daniel Taylor, who's lived in Manchester and covered both clubs since 1998. Article is titled "Have Manchester City overtaken Manchester United for the city’s new generation of fans?" [the key words here are 'new generation', i.e. the kids].

Long article in which he makes this point: "If you will indulge me for a moment, it was certainly intriguing to learn from my son recently that every one of his classmates, in his final year of primary school, supported City apart from a small number who preferred Liverpool.

It sounded strange, and difficult to believe, when we live a 10-minute drive from Manchester city centre. So strange, indeed, that I asked him to do some more research the next day. And he reported back with the same information: Class 6G was a United-free zone. Blue, blue, blue, red (Liverpool), blue, blue.

OK, it is not an exact science — and the kind of anomaly, perhaps, that could conceivably have brought up an entirely different set results in another class, another school, another neighbourhood."

City reckon during our dark days of Division hopping and Fergie's successful days, that we lost a generation of young fans who'd rather follow the goings on at OT than Maine Road. So is it possible that post 2013 Fergie retirement, that due to City's success compared to United's, that Manchester's kids are becoming blues over reds? We all know that lots of people, especially youngsters, follow success. Imagine.

United fans will say that ManU will always be bigger and have more fans than City. Well my old man, who will hopefully be 90 later this year, was born in the 30s when City were the bigger club with bigger crowds. My granddad used to tell me about the 80000 crowds at Maine Road and skint liccle United. Could it revert back in my children's lifetime (they're teenagers)?

It doesn't seem possible does it. But once footballing giants before have slipped down the pack, and while it seems unlikely to happen to United, is it not possible that in 50 years the mighty ManU could have become another Wolves or a Villa? Unlikely. But it's possible. ????

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Interesting article today in The Athletic by their best writer (my opinion) and Forest fan, Daniel Taylor, who's lived in Manchester and covered both clubs since 1998. Article is titled "Have Manchester City overtaken Manchester United for the city’s new generation of fans?" [the key words here are 'new generation', i.e. the kids].

Long article in which he makes this point: "If you will indulge me for a moment, it was certainly intriguing to learn from my son recently that every one of his classmates, in his final year of primary school, supported City apart from a small number who preferred Liverpool.

It sounded strange, and difficult to believe, when we live a 10-minute drive from Manchester city centre. So strange, indeed, that I asked him to do some more research the next day. And he reported back with the same information: Class 6G was a United-free zone. Blue, blue, blue, red (Liverpool), blue, blue.

OK, it is not an exact science — and the kind of anomaly, perhaps, that could conceivably have brought up an entirely different set results in another class, another school, another neighbourhood."

City reckon during our dark days of Division hopping and Fergie's successful days, that we lost a generation of young fans who'd rather follow the goings on at OT than Maine Road. So is it possible that post 2013 Fergie retirement, that due to City's success compared to United's, that Manchester's kids are becoming blues over reds? We all know that lots of people, especially youngsters, follow success. Imagine.

United fans will say that ManU will always be bigger and have more fans than City. Well my old man, who will hopefully be 90 later this year, was born in the 30s when City were the bigger club with bigger crowds. My granddad used to tell me about the 80000 crowds at Maine Road and skint liccle United. Could it revert back in my children's lifetime (they're teenagers)?

It doesn't seem possible does it. But once footballing giants before have slipped down the pack, and while it seems unlikely to happen to United, is it not possible that in 50 years the mighty ManU could have become another Wolves or a Villa? Unlikely. But it's possible. ????

Only just overtaken???.... but what about the famous myth... that there are more City fans than United fans in Manchester?

Success breeds fans. If the status quo continues you will attract more fans for sure. Nothing to see here.

I asked by brother does he see more kids in red or blue these days around Stockport and Manchester areas that he frequents, and he concurred with the article.

I've noticed that there are far more Liverpool shirts than ManU shirts in Thailand these days (I see the occasional City shirt - never see Arsenal shirts anymore).

Tell you what chaps. Wish you lot had prepared me for the balls ache of admin retiring here. I knew there was quite a lot but bladdy hell.

The amount of times going to immigration just for a proof of address letter is unreal. Opened bank account. Need letter from immigration.  Want to buy car. Need different letter from immigration.  Went for driving licence.  Have to have different letter from immigration. All exactly the same letter but with a different "to" . Then I've just had to complete a 2 day driving course for my licence.  Thought I was retiring but I'm busier now than ever and getting up earlier than ever ????

Anyway. Can relax for a few days now and watch the match tonight with a few beers

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Tell you what chaps. Wish you lot had prepared me for the balls ache of admin retiring here. I knew there was quite a lot but bladdy hell.

The amount of times going to immigration just for a proof of address letter is unreal. Opened bank account. Need letter from immigration.  Want to buy car. Need different letter from immigration.  Went for driving licence.  Have to have different letter from immigration. All exactly the same letter but with a different "to" . Then I've just had to complete a 2 day driving course for my licence.  Thought I was retiring but I'm busier now than ever and getting up earlier than ever ????

Anyway. Can relax for a few days now and watch the match tonight with a few beers

Welcome to our world! Any dealings with thai authorities is a nightmare. Worst day of the year...visa renewal.

42 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What car are you buying. ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

9 changes from the PSG game!!! 

Playing the B team again, frustrating. It's only worked against Palace but they're poor. There's no clever players in that team. Vs Chelsea in the cup we were <deleted> until Foden and Gundogan came on in the 2nd half. Now not expecting too much today!

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Playing the B team again, frustrating. It's only worked against Palace but they're poor. There's no clever players in that team. Vs Chelsea in the cup we were <deleted> until Foden and Gundogan came on in the 2nd half. Now not expecting too much today!

We need you to take 3 points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

We need you to take 3 points. 

Let us pray brother....amen!

From those players I can't even work out the formation. Who's playing in midfield with Rodri? From Aguero Sterling Jesus Torres I would have started one maybe two not all. Certainly lots of attacking players. But that's Pep, eh, comes off more than it doesn't so come on Blues (and the spirit of WHU).

40 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

9 changes from the PSG game!!! 

Why not rest everyone? Unless you think Utd are going to win all their 4 games in 8 days and City won't win again this season. Chelsea can't afford the luxury of resting their team with West Ham so close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Why not rest everyone? Unless you think Utd are going to win all their 4 games in 8 days and City won't win again this season. Chelsea can't afford the luxury of resting their team with West Ham so close.

Why take the risk?

Congratulations on your promotion to Division One!

12 minutes ago, champers said:

Keeping the players match fit and keeping a winning mentality for me is best but Pep hopefully knows best

35 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What car are you buying. ? 

After much deliberation I plumped for the Nissan Terra. For me it came down to a drivers side cup holder but the daughter was sold on the rear roof tv that she can connect to her phone ????

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

After much deliberation I plumped for the Nissan Terra. For me it came down to a drivers side cup holder but the daughter was sold on the rear roof tv that she can connect to her phone ????

It’s the little things ........????

• Like 1

Yep, as poor as I expected!

What is it with City and penalties? That's probably the worst miss of the past 3 seasons. 

Sort it out Pep. Bring on 2 of Foden Gundogan Bernardo for any two of Aguero Sterling Torres Jesus. We're playing with a notional midfield of Rodri with occasional support of Sterling n Jesus. What a joke!

Cancelo could be hooked as well.

Poor game.