Cancelo 52M

Mendy 50M

Rodrigo 62M

Sterling 49M

Gabriel Jesus 27M

Agüero 35M

Ferran Torres 20M

Total: 393M"

You've just quoted the COST of players, but your original point was that we can make loads of changes and still be as strong as a first pick XI ("Because they don't have the luxury of making 7 changes and still have the same strength first eleven").

The games vs Leeds, Palace, Chelsea x 2, etc., proved that your point is not correct where we struggled. If however Pep selects a couple of the guys who currently sit on the bench and puts them in the team then yes I agree it doesn't weaken us. 

Aren't you a ManU fan. Not exactly strapped for cash currently or in my lifetime, but some of your squad players ain't good enough are they and that's solely  your management's fault.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The Athletic season awards:

Dias-Manchester-City-Player-of-the-Year-1104x1104.jpg

Young-Player-of-the-Year-1104x1104.jpg

Yep. Dias for player of the year and Foden for young player of the year. I know these can be subjective but it would take a real numpty to vote any other than those 2

• Like 1

Manchester City Supporters Club has welcomed the “brilliant” gesture from owner Sheikh Mansour of paying for travel costs of all fans going on official trips to the Champions League final. It's estimated it will cost him £2m.

file-20191203-67034-160d2pf.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City Supporters Club has welcomed the “brilliant” gesture from owner Sheikh Mansour of paying for travel costs of all fans going on official trips to the Champions League final. It's estimated it will cost him £2m.

I know some clowns will say it's pocket change to him but the reality is that it's a great gesture

Proof that it's hardwork with 10 men for 80 minutes. Cancelo sent off for falling over.

How poor was Garcia. That should have been a sub being subbed. Didn't win a challenge all night and left us wide open down the right - taxi to Barcalona for Senor Garcia.

Just hoping Gundog isn't injured.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and no other owners do similar.

Coronavirus: Roman Abramovich to pay for NHS staff to sleep in Chelsea hotel to aid outbreak

Chelsea offer second hotel to NHS staff fighting coronavirus

Chelsea open up Stamford Bridge hotel to NHS staff amid coronavirus pandemic.

Strange and frustrating game and one which the ref didn't give us a single decision but in a 50/50 gave them all to Brighton

Great start going 1-0 up after 2 minutes. Then after 10 minutes Cancelo gets sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. I can't agree with that, they got gifted that. Still we carried on and pretty much controlled the game with Foden putting us 2-0 up with a cracker of a goal. All of a sudden, Rodri gives the ball away, they score and we collapse.

We should have had a pen for the tackle on Jesus in the box but not given and the bad challenge on Gundogan only got Brighton a yellow when Stones got sent off a while back for something nowhere near as bad. The inconsistency of these refs is infuriating

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Strange and frustrating game and one which the ref didn't give us a single decision but in a 50/50 gave them all to Brighton

Great start going 1-0 up after 2 minutes. Then after 10 minutes Cancelo gets sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. I can't agree with that, they got gifted that. Still we carried on and pretty much controlled the game with Foden putting us 2-0 up with a cracker of a goal. All of a sudden, Rodri gives the ball away, they score and we collapse.

We should have had a pen for the tackle on Jesus in the box but not given and the bad challenge on Gundogan only got Brighton a yellow when Stones got sent off a while back for something nowhere near as bad. The inconsistency of these refs is infuriating

Amazed he didn't book Ederson for handball.

Thought the sending off was very harsh.

The tackle on Gundogan was very high and dangerous.

If Lallana makes that tackle on Jesus outside the box it'd be a free kick and a yellow all day. In the box, he/VAR gave nothing.

Tough night. Think we have to look on it as a good test before the final.

Ian Darke (and Pat Holland was it) were so enthused by a potential Brighton win they seem to constantly forget we were down to 10 men since the 10th minute, and yet Darke on Twitter a while back says commentators and pundits are not biased - of course they are: Carragher, Richards, Owen, Neville, etc, they are all biased.

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I remember United paying money towards supporters travel costs in the past.

That's great if they did, maybe you could find us some details on that happening.

I remember when Niall 'Disco Pants' Quinn (very decent guy) paid taxi fares for Sunderland fans to get back home late at night when they had problems getting home from a late night game (in South Wales or Bristol?).

taxi fares after about 80 fans were left stranded at Bristol Airport when a flight was grounded.

8 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Coronavirus: Roman Abramovich to pay for NHS staff to sleep in Chelsea hotel to aid outbreak

Chelsea offer second hotel to NHS staff fighting coronavirus

Chelsea open up Stamford Bridge hotel to NHS staff amid coronavirus pandemic.

Great to see you leave your forum.

That was great of Roman - Sheikh Mansour did similar with the Etihad for the NHS.

My point was more about Owners doing something for the fans directly.

I've been following the City Twitters and talking to my brother who hopes to go to Porto if he gets a ticket, and it has been a nightmare 2 weeks of misinformation and changing information. As it stands i haven't heard of one City fan saying they've got a ticket yet with the game just 10 days away, and with the 24 hour restriction imposed on staying in Porto and the currently very expensive flight costs to Porto (seen some fans talking about going to Faro and train up), the Sheikh's gesture is very welcome.

I have no doubt that part of the reason behind the Sheikhs gesture is as a way of trying to make it up with the City fans for the disastrous decision to join the Super League. Can't remember our Owner making another error in his 13 years of Ownership, the Super League one is the only one that i can think of. 

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

City in for Kane?! I'm a little surprised at that but not shocked. For me Kane is as top notch as you can get. Bring him on.

I really, really hope we don't go for him. I'm not at all supportive of these stupid, crazy prices for a player of any calibre. I'm just hoping this is all speculation and rumour, probably by his agent to cause a bidding war. City have stayed away from bidding wars upto now and I hope we carry on like that. All that aside, yes he's a great player (not good enough to beat Villa though) but he's injury prone. 60mil, worth a gamble. Anymore than that ain't worth it IMO

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I really, really hope we don't go for him. I'm not at all supportive of these stupid, crazy prices for a player of any calibre. I'm just hoping this is all speculation and rumour, probably by his agent to cause a bidding war. City have stayed away from bidding wars upto now and I hope we carry on like that. All that aside, yes he's a great player (not good enough to beat Villa though) but he's injury prone. 60mil, worth a gamble. Anymore than that ain't worth it IMO

You may be right about the $ aspect. Don't know that I've got a figure in mind that would be too much, but I'll know it if I see it. For me Kane is about as good as it gets as a #9. As lethal a finisher as there is in the sport. I can see why Pep would be interested, assuming this is not all hot air from Kane's agent.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You may be right about the $ aspect. Don't know that I've got a figure in mind that would be too much, but I'll know it if I see it. For me Kane is about as good as it gets as a #9. As lethal a finisher as there is in the sport. I can see why Pep would be interested, assuming this is not all hot air from Kane's agent.

Pep likes to buy a good player and make them better. Not saying he buys cheap but not at their best and with potential. He also knows about the financial constraints and the effect spending that much money on one player would have. I hope I'm right that this just doesn't fit our normal buying method. There is no denying when Harry is fit he is a great player

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Pep likes to buy a good player and make them better. Not saying he buys cheap but not at their best and with potential. He also knows about the financial constraints and the effect spending that much money on one player would have. I hope I'm right that this just doesn't fit our normal buying method. There is no denying when Harry is fit he is a great player

Yeah, I really rate Kane but if it doesn't happen I won't be disappointed. It's hard not to like City's squad as it is. I wouldn't mind seeing the last of Mendy though.

The Kane impending T/F , has had the dog,s barking  out ,(for weeks), and Loser Levy is behind the wheel, striving to get Max  T/F fee, Any savvy club would wait , as Totts FC  are in Sh#tter,s ditch for a multitude of valid reasons, and no answer in sight.

Give Loser Levy ,some of his Karma back,  sit  back and smoke a pipe????

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, I really rate Kane but if it doesn't happen I won't be disappointed. It's hard not to like City's squad as it is. I wouldn't mind seeing the last of Mendy though.

Don't get me wrong mate, I think Harry is a top player. I'm just really not into these record breaking transfer fees. I know we pay high prices for players but upto now we haven't broken any UK transfer records. I want it stay that way. Let other clubs drive prices up.

As for Mendy. The lad had so much promise. He is a massive disappointment. Sooner he goes, the better

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm just really not into these record breaking transfer fees.

What does that actually mean? If it's the right player, capable of improving a title winning squad, and not going to put you in FFP trouble, who cares if a record is broken. 

57 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What does that actually mean? If it's the right player, capable of improving a title winning squad, and not going to put you in FFP trouble, who cares if a record is broken. 

I care because I don't want City to be responsible for driving the market prices up. United do that quite well and have broken transfer recodrs in the PL several times. Pogba has been back several years now and is still the highest transfer fee in the PL. Has he and his crook of an agent been an asset to the PL? Both of them always whining and trying to screw more money out of you. What's his latest demands? Has he improved United enough to warrant that fee? Have you even come close to winning the PL since you paid that record fee for him?

They are just a few reasons why I think it matters to try and keep these ridiculous fees as low as possible.

Well done and well deserved. First defender to win it since 1989. Didn't realise that

Ruben Dias: Manchester City defender named FWA Footballer of the Year

Ruben Dias wins vote ahead of Manchester City team-mate Kevin De Bruyne and Tottenham's Harry Kane; Nine City players received votes which accounted for 50 per cent of total votes cast.

Reflecting on his award, Dias said: "It's a huge privilege, I'm very, very happy. I could not have done it without the success of the team, without everyone in the team deserving this award. Only by that, as a defender, am I able to be here to receive this prize.

Full story:- Ruben Dias: Manchester City defender named FWA Footballer of the Year | Football News | Sky Sports

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I care because I don't want City to be responsible for driving the market prices up. United do that quite well and have broken transfer recodrs in the PL several times. Pogba has been back several years now and is still the highest transfer fee in the PL. Has he and his crook of an agent been an asset to the PL? Both of them always whining and trying to screw more money out of you. What's his latest demands? Has he improved United enough to warrant that fee? Have you even come close to winning the PL since you paid that record fee for him?

They are just a few reasons why I think it matters to try and keep these ridiculous fees as low as possible.

Why do you care about prices in the rest of the market? Out of the good of your own heart?

Pogba success or lack of it has nothing to do with his record transfer fee. Just because Pogba could be considered a flop, does that mean Haaland or another player bought for a record fee would be?

There is no reason why you should not pay record fees as a policy, especially if you already have a very good squad which you are looking to improve.

You just made the point to give yourself an opportunity to United bash, didn't you. 

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Why do you care about prices in the rest of the market? Out of the good of your own heart?

Pogba success or lack of it has nothing to do with his record transfer fee. Just because Pogba could be considered a flop, does that mean Haaland or another player bought for a record fee would be?

There is no reason why you should not pay record fees as a policy, especially if you already have a very good squad which you are looking to improve.

You just made the point to give yourself an opportunity to United bash, didn't you. 

Para 1) I care because the stupid prices of these players eventually trickles down to the cost of a ticket, which the average man and family in the street have to stump up. I'm in astonishment that you don't seem to care.

Para 2) Your blasé attitude to 10's of millions of pounds of other peoples money being spent is quite shocking. To then not really care if you get vfm is even more shocking.

Para 3) I said earlier why I don't want us to break transfer records. It's my view. As far as I'm concerned I have justified my view. If you disagree with it that's ok but I don't have to keep on repeating myself.

Para 4) No. But seeing as you responded, I used a United player as an example.

56 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

A Wall of Silence. 

Sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner for you but you didn't mention a timeframe in which I was compelled to respond. I also have a life to lead, including being a part time teacher to my daughter who is currently schooling on-line. I have to now spend many hours learning algebra again so that I can help her. A subject that I hated first time round ????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Para 1) I care because the stupid prices of these players eventually trickles down to the cost of a ticket, which the average man and family in the street have to stump up. I'm in astonishment that you don't seem to care.

Para 2) Your blasé attitude to 10's of millions of pounds of other peoples money being spent is quite shocking. To then not really care if you get vfm is even more shocking.

Para 3) I said earlier why I don't want us to break transfer records. It's my view. As far as I'm concerned I have justified my view. If you disagree with it that's ok but I don't have to keep on repeating myself.

Para 4) No. But seeing as you responded, I used a United player as an example.

It's staggering the arrogance that a couple of titles breeds!

Now City fans think they are in the position to make a moral stand on record transfer fees for the greater good of football!

By the way, Covid excepted, market forces dictate that transfer fees will keep going up and records will keep being broken.

And also by the way. I seem to remember Real Madrid breaking records for a couple of Ronaldos. I'm sure their fans look back and deeply regret the damage done to the wider transfer market. 

Likewise, I bet PSG fans are fuming they bought Mbappe and would be far happier if they got nowhere near the latter stages of the CL.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's staggering the arrogance that a couple of titles breeds!

Now City fans think they are in the position to make a moral stand on record transfer fees for the greater good of football!

By the way, Covid excepted, market forces dictate that transfer fees will keep going up and records will keep being broken.

And also by the way. I seem to remember Real Madrid breaking records for a couple of Ronaldos. I'm sure their fans look back and deeply regret the damage done to the wider transfer market. 

Likewise, I bet PSG fans are fuming they bought Mbappe and would be far happier if they got nowhere near the latter stages of the CL.

You must be jumping for joy about the money you spent on Pogba and Maguire.

City spent £96 mill on a couple of full backs, the same amount Utd spent on Pogba.

• Like 2