The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, champers said:

You must be jumping for joy about the money you spent on Pogba and Maguire.

City spent £96 mill on a couple of full backs, the same amount Utd spent on Pogba.

You could argue they were bad signings, but why does it being a record having anything to do with it?

96 mil could have been a record for 2 full backs! It's completely irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

City spent £96 mill on a couple of full backs, the same amount Utd spent on Pogba.

He seems to not give a fig about other peoples money

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Bolton is full of City fans and I reckon you could be one of them. 

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's staggering the arrogance that a couple of titles breeds!

A "couple" !!! ???? We've won it 4 times since your lot last won it. Typical RAG to deny our success. It must really grate ????????????????

On 5/19/2021 at 3:02 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

...and no other owners do similar.

Plenty of clubs have paid for fans travelling to away matches, my own included before they bankrupted themselves. Of course these were domestic matches; it is just a matter of scale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bolton is full of City fans and I reckon you could be one of them. 

No I'm not. When I was a nipper I liked players at both clubs. What's not to like about Best, Law and Charlton or Bell and Lee.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Plenty of clubs have paid for fans travelling to away matches, my own included before they bankrupted themselves. Of course these were domestic matches; it is just a matter of scale.

Don't let them know other clubs do it too... it doesn't fit their new 'holier than thou' narrative. 

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:
53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Para 1) I care because the stupid prices of these players eventually trickles down to the cost of a ticket, which the average man and family in the street have to stump up. I'm in astonishment that you don't seem to care.

Para 2) Your blasé attitude to 10's of millions of pounds of other peoples money being spent is quite shocking. To then not really care if you get vfm is even more shocking.

Para 3) I said earlier why I don't want us to break transfer records. It's my view. As far as I'm concerned I have justified my view. If you disagree with it that's ok but I don't have to keep on repeating myself.

Para 4) No. But seeing as you responded, I used a United player as an example.

Expand  

It's staggering the arrogance that a couple of titles breeds!

Now City fans think they are in the position to make a moral stand on record transfer fees for the greater good of football!

Can you explain? There seems to be no link or logic to your comments.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

@mrbojangles are you categorically saying now, for the record, you don't want Haaland or Kane if it will break a record?

Yes I am saying that.

Kane for me is too injury prone and we'll be back to how we are this season. Without a striker. It's big money never mind for someone his age.

I also hate the thought of Haaland's agent getting a single dollar. I also believe he's a top player but a tad overrated. He never got a look in over the 2 legs in the CL

Saying that. Of course if we sign any of them I'll get behind them. 

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can you explain? There seems to be no link or logic to your comments.

He does that a lot. Goes off at a strange tangent when he's losing a debate. It's a bit like Fernandes diving. Everyone is getting used to it now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes I am saying that.

Kane for me is too injury prone and we'll be back to how we are this season. Without a striker. It's big money never mind for someone his age.

I also hate the thought of Haaland's agent getting a single dollar. I also believe he's a top player but a tad overrated. He never got a look in over the 2 legs in the CL

So it's not down to the principle of breaking a record. It's because you don't like the profile of player for different reasons.

Backtrack complete. Have a good day. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So it's not down to the principle of breaking a record. It's because you don't like the profile of player for different reasons.

Backtrack complete. Have a good day. 

No backtrack at all. I gave you an emphatic response with supporting reasons. 

I do not want us to break a transfer record for either of them. They are both great players but I'd be ok if we didn't sign a striker at all. I'd like to see how Torres could handle the job first.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

No backtrack at all. I gave you an emphatic response with supporting reasons. 

I do not want us to break a transfer record for either of them. They are both great players but I'd be ok if we didn't sign a striker at all. I'd like to see how Torres could handle the job first.

Let's say Mbappe wanted to come for a record fee. Not interested? 

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes I am saying that.

Totally with you.

I'd add on Kane that as he seems comfortable dropping in to midfield and linking play I think he'd be ok with us, but Harland is a bit like Son in that he wants the ball over the top or through the channels to get on to with his pace n strength - not sure how good his link up play is.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

- not sure how good his link up play is.

Hahahaha

????????????

I rest my case.

If anyone who actually watches football comes across this, I might still be laughing.

They don't have a clue in this thread. 

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Let's say Mbappe wanted to come for a record fee. Not interested? 

Not interested. We are doing just fine without breaking transfer records. I really don't like these self important footballers, they don't make great team players. Pep likes team spirit in which nobody is above anyone else. 

Anyway, Mbappe got run rings round him in the first leg. So much so, he feigned injury for the 2nd leg

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not interested. We are doing just fine without breaking transfer records. I really don't like these self important footballers, they don't make great team players. Pep likes team spirit in which nobody is above anyone else. 

Anyway, Mbappe got run rings round him in the first leg. So much so, he feigned injury for the 2nd leg

Rick seems to be having trouble understanding your point. ????

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rick seems to be having trouble understanding your point. ????

I don't know how to make it simpler. I am having more success explaining stuff to my 12 year old daughter. She knows bigger words than Rick though ????

"That player is great Daddy. He looks like the best in the world. Can City buy him?"

Mr Boj: "No sweetheart, because he would break the transfer record. And that would be very bad for the transfer market."

"But Daddy, look at his attributes. Surely he'd be a better player than Ferran Torres, and Aguero is getting older."

Mr Boj: "Doesn't matter princess. It's wrong to break the transfer record. I want you to ignore all the Champions Leagues teams like Real Madrid have won with players that commanded record breaking transfer fees. There's a good girl."

I was thinking how im going to watch the final in a week's time. Im a bit sick of using crappy buffering free streams. Ill have a check of sportek see if any good.

In the UK the game is on BT.

I could use HD Prime if it's still working; have access points but I haven't used it in a long time.

I googled what channels is it on around the world and for Thailand it says UEFA.tv. I've just downloaded their app, signed up - it seems to be free - watched some old City highlights and games. Ill probably try it out for the Thursday night final next week to see what it's like, if problem free then I'll use it for the CL final.

Any other suggestions?

Ps. MRBJ - if you still haven't seen the 2nd half of the City vs PSG semi there's a high-quality copy of the whole game on EUFA.tv app.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Give us your money then...bank details and I'll send you Kane's right foot...severed and still bleeding.

I'm hoping this is how it pans out.

We keep Levy on a string by upping the offers. Then right at the last minute we walk away. Meanwhile, the scouting system had been working like Beavers in the background and identified a young talent for a few quid. We bring him in and he gets the golden boot in his first season. All that hinges on Liverpool having not hacked into our scouting database again,