The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was thinking how im going to watch the final in a week's time. Im a bit sick of using crappy buffering free streams. Ill have a check of sportek see if any good.

In the UK the game is on BT.

I could use HD Prime if it's still working; have access points but I haven't used it in a long time.

I googled what channels is it on around the world and for Thailand it says UEFA.tv. I've just downloaded their app, signed up - it seems to be free - watched some old City highlights and games. Ill probably try it out for the Thursday night final next week to see what it's like, if problem free then I'll use it for the CL final.

Any other suggestions?

Ps. MRBJ - if you still haven't seen the 2nd half of the City vs PSG semi there's a high-quality copy of the whole game on EUFA.tv app.

Apart from those you have mentioned above and the one's we discussed by pm, I can't think of any more. I downloaded the UEFA app though. See how that goes.

Yeah I got to see the second half already ????

On 5/20/2021 at 5:48 PM, mrbojangles said:

Well done and well deserved. First defender to win it since 1989. Didn't realise that

Ruben Dias: Manchester City defender named FWA Footballer of the Year

Ruben Dias wins vote ahead of Manchester City team-mate Kevin De Bruyne and Tottenham's Harry Kane; Nine City players received votes which accounted for 50 per cent of total votes cast.

Reflecting on his award, Dias said: "It's a huge privilege, I'm very, very happy. I could not have done it without the success of the team, without everyone in the team deserving this award. Only by that, as a defender, am I able to be here to receive this prize.

Full story:- Ruben Dias: Manchester City defender named FWA Footballer of the Year | Football News | Sky Sports

Apparently 9 City players received votes. THE outstanding player over the WHOLE season was Dias. Gundogan during that 2 month golden period was a worthy shout. Like many City fans I've heard were shocked to see people voting KDB as player of the season - no way, he had an up and down season, as one blue said, "voting for KDB is  match of the day highlights vote and shows you didn't watch all the games".

• Like 1

Gonna miss Sergio. What a fantastic way of saying goodbye. Wish something could have been worked out like with Fernandinhho. Maybe Khun wanted a longer contract and with his injury form it wasn't deemed possible. Either way, we can only wish him the best of luck and he will always be a City legend

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Gonna miss Sergio. What a fantastic way of saying goodbye. Wish something could have been worked out like with Fernandinhho. Maybe Khun wanted a longer contract and with his injury form it wasn't deemed possible. Either way, we can only wish him the best of luck and he will always be a City legend

Lovely interview on the pitch at the moment with Pep on Sky. He is In tears talking about Aguero. Says he is irreplaceable. 

• Like 2

Not City related, but northwest sad news.

Sad to learn that famous athlete Ron Hill passed away. Google him if you don't know him, fascinating life. He lived in the next villages to me of Romiley then Gee Cross and I used to regularly see him running to work in Manchester (Droylsden).

Holder of many records but i like this one:

Every day between 1964 and 2017 the renowned British athlete Ron Hill ran at least a mile, setting a world record streak of 52 years and 39 days that still stands".

RIP.

A famous image

images (11).jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

Aguero showing in his recent cameo appearances what it's like to be a natural goalscorer, while Sterling continues to be <deleted>. What happened to him? He's gone backwards to the no confidence player that we used to see in This Charming man's team. Give him some games wide right to get his confidence back or get rid. Can't keep giving him chances for no return. 

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aguero showing in his recent cameo appearances what it's like to be a natural goalscorer, while Sterling continues to be <deleted>. What happened to him? 

To be honest I thought earlier in the season Sterling got dropped when he really wasn't playing that badly. Just looked a little tired. But that's how Guardiola does it, he's the master of rotation, as soon as somebody drops below a very high level somebody else comes in. But the way he continued to increase performances higher and higher from where you were in the table is pretty remarkable. 

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not City related, but northwest sad news.

Sad to learn that famous athlete Ron Hill passed away. Google him if you don't know him, fascinating life. He lived in the next villages to me of Romiley then Gee Cross and I used to regularly see him running to work in Manchester (Droylsden).

Holder of many records but i like this one:

Every day between 1964 and 2017 the renowned British athlete Ron Hill ran at least a mile, setting a world record streak of 52 years and 39 days that still stands".

RIP.

A famous image

images (11).jpeg

Ran for Bolton United Harriers and broke 2 World records at the Leverhulme Park track. Did a lot to popularise marathon running.

• Like 1

Didn't realise last nights goalie for Villareal was on City's books. We bought the Argentine in 2016 from Uraguayan side Moldonado for 4.23m and sent him straight out on loan to Real Sociedad, who then bought him off us for 6.3m. Well done for scoring your penalty and saving DDG's ????

• Like 2

Does anybody know if the Champions League final is being shown on Thai TV ch 36, PPTV? 
This channel usually has football in dual language English/Thai and according to their schedule  at https://www.pptvhd36.com/schedule there is a program called 'Home of Football Weekend' which seems to be on from 0200 to 0400 (actually 0430 - or that is when the following program is listed as starting).
That is the right time I think, but I wonder why there is no publicity for it?

On 5/27/2021 at 11:08 AM, mrbojangles said:

Didn't realise last nights goalie for Villareal was on City's books. We bought the Argentine in 2016 from Uraguayan side Moldonado for 4.23m and sent him straight out on loan to Real Sociedad, who then bought him off us for 6.3m. Well done for scoring your penalty and saving DDG's ????

He took it like a keeper should take it. Blasted. Keepers probably have the most powerful kicks in the team so I don't know why DDG was bothering with a side foot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaifoolishness said:

Does anybody know if the Champions League final is being shown on Thai TV ch 36, PPTV? 
This channel usually has football in dual language English/Thai and according to their schedule  at https://www.pptvhd36.com/schedule there is a program called 'Home of Football Weekend' which seems to be on from 0200 to 0400 (actually 0430 - or that is when the following program is listed as starting).
That is the right time I think, but I wonder why there is no publicity for it?

Don't think it's on Thai channels, could be wrong.

I think it is on UEFA.tv app. The Villareal final was shown live (the wife watched it but gave up at end of normal time as it was "boring") and the CL live is advertised. Just download the App.

BT Sport YouTube channel is showing the game live but I suspect it's only in the UK - use a VPN.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Huh? Hard to believe. It's all over t'internet.

Well that's settled then. If it's all over the internet it must be true.

You'd think Chelsea fans would have a bit more coin than City fans that's why I'm surprised

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Well that's settled then. If it's all over the internet it must be true.

You'd think Chelsea fans would have a bit more coin than City fans that's why I'm surprised

City fans are being subbed by Sheikh Mansoor. Presumably Roman isn't so generous or rich.

• Like 2