The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The wife just pointed out to me that all the trophies were won by teams in blue this season: MCFC x 2, Leicester and Chelsea.

In the words of Roger Daltry, teams in red won "Sweet f*** all".

Rangers too

• Like 1

Just for you Mr Bo and Bredblue???????? 

So City can wait as the champions league goes walking on by but dont look back in anger, i heard you say. ????????????????.

I am sure Noal and Liam enjoyed watching it as much as you two did????????????????????

Edited by jjp

It's obviously been a miserable f****** day, but I've tried to cheer up myself and the family by constantly remembering how far behind us in the league ManU and Liverpool finished ????, and how both were trophy-less ????????, City continuing to be the best team in Manchester ???????????? and our great performance this season (we were very average until December but no club took advantage of that) ????????????????

Screenshot_20210530-103633_Chrome.jpg

The climb back up the football pyramid to the very top started 22 years ago today with Kun Dickov's goal and Nicky Weaver's penalty saves.

Very pleased to see so many of those players (The Goat Horlock Dickov to name a few) to be around the club on media duties.

At 19 seconds and 1min 11seconds you can see young Sheikh Mansour going mental.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Who is jjp? A Rag I assume.

Oh Mr Bredblue, yes, a little moody i see today, cant understand why????????????you cant remember me from years ago on the old  threads before mr fairfield upgraded the forum. I am sure Mr Bo can? Miserable days turn into weeks when your team have waited so long to get so close and then get beaten in a champions league final  Oh well. Onwards and upwards. ????????????????????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's obviously been a miserable f****** day, but I've tried to cheer up myself and the family by constantly remembering how far behind us in the league ManU and Liverpool finished ????, and how both were trophy-less ????????, City continuing to be the best team in Manchester ???????????? and our great performance this season (we were very average until December but no club took advantage of that) ????????????????

We can also take heart in the knowledge that our earnings in Europe this year amount to circa £65m (different numbers banded around). Wonder how much United got for participating in the thursday night cup!!

10 hours ago, jjp said:

Oh Mr Bredblue, yes, a little moody i see today, cant understand why????????????you cant remember me from years ago on the old  threads before mr fairfield upgraded the forum. I am sure Mr Bo can? Miserable days turn into weeks when your team have waited so long to get so close and then get beaten in a champions league final  Oh well. Onwards and upwards. ????????????????????

No I don't remember you; insignificant?

Keep watching us bettering your team every season, and pop in here occasionally whenever it suits you.

"Not in my lifetime" - classic! ????????

10 hours ago, jjp said:

I remember you jjp. Used to enjoy the banter but that was when you were still winning things ????????????????

Rumour Mill today is that Levy may be willing to accept a player + cash deal to allow Kane to move to City. He would probably accept Jesus which would help fill the void of Kane leaving. The funniest bit about this is that they are valuing Jesus at £70m. ???? So it would be Jesus + £70m. If we can get £70m for Jesus I'd be over the moon for this deal ????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rumour Mill today is that Levy may be willing to accept a player + cash deal to allow Kane to move to City. He would probably accept Jesus which would help fill the void of Kane leaving. The funniest bit about this is that they are valuing Jesus at £70m. ???? So it would be Jesus + £70m. If we can get £70m for Jesus I'd be over the moon for this deal ????

May as well throw in Sterling as well as a freebie if he's going to continue to be a passenger, and maybe Mendy. 

46 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The Goss is Kane would prefer Mcity to any other club , but the main sticking point what is Loser Levy,s price on Kane? Have heard 200 mil

Edited by deej

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The wife just pointed out to me that all the trophies were won by teams in blue this season: MCFC x 2, Leicester and Chelsea.

In the words of Roger Daltry, teams in red won "Sweet f*** all".

Chelsea and MC both have ex Leicester players

2 minutes ago, deej said:

The Goss is Kane would prefer Mcity to any other club , but the main sticking point what is Loser Levy,s price on Kane?

Yep and upto now, City have shown that they are prepared to walk away if the price isn't near their valuation. 

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Then I think he'll be staying put

Pre corona days,perhaps up to , 200 mil

Presently up to   120  mil,  Loser Levy is in no position to dictate terms???????? SPURSY are in Sh#tters ditch .

No money 

No mngr

Squad needs complete refit,particular defence

Massive debt to be paid

Mcity hold all the Ace,s to return  Loser Levy back ,some of his  own medicine,

And Kane want,s Mcity clincher for mine at Mcity,s terms????

Edited by deej

Personally I don’t see Kane as a City type of player and for the type of money being banded around you would be better investing in the future of the likes of Haaland. 

Kane is arguably at his peak or just over and visibly slower and more injury prone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Personally I don’t see Kane as a City type of player and for the type of money being banded around you would be better investing in the future of the likes of Haaland. 

Kane is arguably at his peak or just over and visibly slower and more injury prone. 

TBH, that's exactly where I am. In saying that, I also don't want to break the bank with Haaland

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH, that's exactly where I am. In saying that, I also don't want to break the bank with Haaland

Whatever you pay now for Haaland will seem like peanuts in 5 years time when he will be at or near his peak. Buy now before somebody else does.

Dortmund must be well disposed towards City after picking up Sancho for a song and ready to sell him for a big profit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Whatever you pay now for Haaland will seem like peanuts in 5 years time when he will be at or near his peak. Buy now before somebody else does.

Dortmund must be well disposed towards City after picking up Sancho for a song and ready to sell him for a big profit.

Don't you understand that City fans have a stronger moral fibre than the rest of us. They don't want to damage the transfer market by breaking the transfer record... And BB doesn't rate Haaland's link up play ????

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Don't you understand that City fans have a stronger moral fibre than the rest of us. They don't want to damage the transfer market by breaking the transfer record... And BB doesn't rate Haaland's link up play ????

They can pay what they like because:

a) They can afford whatever the price is.

b) UEFA won't trouble them with any Financial Fair Play BS; they can't afford to fight any legal challenge from City. 

Any transfer record won't last too long anyway, why worry about it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

And BB doesn't rate Haaland's link up play ????

If you are going to repeat what i post at least have the decency to get it right.

What i posted was "I'd add on Kane that as he seems comfortable dropping in to midfield and linking play I think he'd be ok with us, but Harland is a bit like Son in that he wants the ball over the top or through the channels to get on to with his pace n strength - not sure how good his link up play is." (p185)

"Not sure how good his link up play is", IS NOT THE SAME AS  "doesn't rate Haaland's link up play" - IS IT! 

I haven't seen enough of Haaland. I've seen him in two 90 minute games (vs City).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

They can pay what they like because:

a) They can afford whatever the price is.

b) UEFA won't trouble them with any Financial Fair Play BS; they can't afford to fight any legal challenge from City. 

Any transfer record won't last too long anyway, why worry about it?

You just keep ignoring facts don't you, but prefer to stick with the rumours, the unproven, etc. 

All clubs are subject to FFP.

UEFA have been 'troubling' us for about a decade on FFP investigations - they penalised us in 2014 and imposed sanctions, and last year they penalised us but failed to substantiate charges against us or their own rules time-barred some charges. Why would they stop? 

We've proven repeatedly that we don't pay whatever we like or whatever someone asks for if we think its too much, so loads of times we have backed out of chasing a player (ManU then usually follow up and buy them - Sanchez, Fred, Maguire).

That's such an ignorant post Champers.

• Haha 1