The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 12/11/2018 at 11:16 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Fernandinho now confirmed out injured along with Silva, KdB, Aguero and Mendy - that's 5 automatic first-choice players. If Ederson gets injured...

Am i worried? Too bloody right.

You should be. I'm looking for a 5/6 pt gap between now and 5th Jan.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I bet you been praying every night for a year. Best you get to bed early Sunday pal and give the game a miss. We ain't young boys or derby kidda

???? going off tonight's first half you would bury us.....but this is pretty much a second choice 11 with loads of players lacking match fitness.

I expect Lukaku to be on the bench on Sunday. Pogbas actually done alright so far. If he plays on Sunday it's a massive chance to turn his season around.

"City are planning a £50m bid forLeicester and England left-back Ben Chilwell, 21, in January, with Benjamin Mendy still out injured.(Mirror)"

Desperately need someone. Can't keep struggling along with Mendy injured and Delph and Zinchenko standing in - both aren't brilliant defending. Surprised Danilo hasn't featured there.

LB is problem. Goalkeepers a problem with bravo out for the season. Two forwards continues to be a risk. Fernandinho's replacement. All problem areas. But Pep will probably buy another little winger/midfielder type he loves.

Chilwell...Guardiola on January transfer window: "We are not going to sign anyone."

Been watching the Amazon documentary on City this week - loved it - and there's a bit when the 3 wisemen have a discussion while watching the squad training and decide with Kompany's fitness being a risk they'd best buy Pep a new CB; thank you for the shrewd buy that is City's best defender Laporte. So pep says we won't buy, but do i believe him - nope.

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Noticed a lot of City fans coming dressed as seats again tonight. 

A buddy of mine was there. That counts for something !

Good workmanlike 3 points. Nice to see Jesus get off the schnide. KDB is back !

City sloppy as hell at the back the last 20 minutes or so up 3-1. That's a lack of concentration and it drives me crazy.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A buddy of mine was there. That counts for something !

Good workmanlike 3 points. Nice to see Jesus get off the schnide. KDB is back !

City sloppy as hell at the back the last 20 minutes or so up 3-1. That's a lack of concentration and it drives me crazy.

Those shiiite bags were never going to try today, gave you the ball for first one and woeful marking for the other 2. Should have known, bastads! ????

Edited by BangrakBob

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Those <deleted> bags were never going to try today, gave you the ball for first one and woeful marking for the other 2. Should have known, bastads! ????

Didn't take their chances in front of goal or it could have been hairy !

Any three points without Spanish Dave or Aguero suits me.:smile:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

How on earth you can say that when Pickford literally plucked it from out of play, to gift you the win last week 

Well that's got nowt to do with today.

Missing great chances early then giving to you the ball to score, it's all probably pay back for our win, they are that snide ????

With Jesus playing well you have five in form, genuine world class players for three positions. I don't think Liverpool can say that.

Different teams and different era, but reminded me of when we could choose between Keane, Scholes, Veron and Butt in central midfield. Or when we could alternate between Yorke + Cole or Sheringham + Solskjaer up front.

Now we rotate a lot because players aren't performing... and people start having a go at Jose because he changes the line up a lot! Everybody asked him to put Fred in the team, and look how that went in midweek! 

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah 3rd gear City, easy money

yeah and what do you expect when they have such squad depth.  Although saying that, perhaps they should spunk another 80m on a back up for Jesus?!!  Just in case like......<deleted> joke.

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

With Jesus playing well you have five in form, genuine world class players for three positions. I don't think Liverpool can say that.

Different teams and different era, but reminded me of when we could choose between Keane, Scholes, Veron and Butt in central midfield. Or when we could alternate between Yorke + Cole or Sheringham + Solskjaer up front.

Now we rotate a lot because players aren't performing... and people start having a go at Jose because he changes the line up a lot! Everybody asked him to put Fred in the team, and look how that went in midweek! 

Most are having a go because he bought the <deleted> he is having to rotate and change because they are not up to it. That’s the difference. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He is having to rotate and change because they are not up to it

That's what I said.

He bought Fred thinking he would be able to buy a central defender too. As he suggested, there's no point playing an expansive no 8 in front of a patchy defence. He probably did it to shut up the media zombies.

Enjoyed yesterday's game. Thought everton were decent. Like tge english lad up front; always seems to unsettle City. Had Richarlison put his 2 chances away, as he should, would have been a struggle.

Jesus had his best game for a while, 2 excellent goals and led the line well. Enjoyed mahrez good moments and Sane had an excellent game. It wasn't easy to start without our 3 main creators in silva kdb and sterling against a back 5 and packed midfield.

Worrying is teams are focussing on our weakness at LB; luckily Laporte is having a great season (he and vvd best defenders in premier?) and covers most things.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, carmine said:

Although saying that, perhaps they should spunk another 80m on a back up for Jesus?!! 

I know you are probably being bitter and jealous again but I'll respond

"Another" indicates that we have done it before. Which of course, we haven't spent 80m on a player before

"Spunked" where I come from means you have wasted or thrown away. I'm not denying that we have wasted some money on the odd player i.e. Mangala but almost every player that has played under Pep has improved their value way above what the normal market increase is. Therefore, you may say spunked but I think I'll stick with invested  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know you are probably being bitter and jealous again but I'll respond

"Another" indicates that we have done it before. Which of course, we haven't spent 80m on a player before

"Spunked" where I come from means you have wasted or thrown away. I'm not denying that we have wasted some money on the odd player i.e. Mangala but almost every player that has played under Pep has improved their value way above what the normal market increase is. Therefore, you may say spunked but I think I'll stick with invested  

You don't do irony do you!!!

Bladdy Thailand timezones. Flew in to Thailand Monday and stayed up all night last night to watch the match. Watched the first half and fell nodded at half time ????

So I can only comment on the first half. Pretty much controlled that but didn't capitalize on other chances. It was also was good see several of the youngsters starting (Muric, Garcia, Foden and Diaz) and some match time for the returning injured (Aguero, KdB). KdB's goal was a beauty and we've missed him. Hopefully the end of his injuries for this season at least

• Like 2

Well, if City were going to lose a game against such opposition there's a bit of a script, going something like, make sure to make the most of your three chances, as in score on them, a 30 yard unstoppable screamer, get awarded an iffy penalty down to needless stupid defending and sit back and soak it up.

Combination of they took all their limited chances on the back of it wasn't City's day. I don't write any more into that.

Perhaps Silva and KDB should have come on earlier?

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1