The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yet again nothing to do with your "lukaku in pocket comment"

Let's simplify it for you. You bought Lukaku for circa 90mil to put the ball in the net. Chelsea didn't even have a shot on target, which means Lukaku didn't have a shot on target. He was kept quiet  

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Let's simplify it for you. You bought Lukaku for circa 90mil to put the ball in the net. Chelsea didn't even have a shot on target, which means Lukaku didn't have a shot on target. He was kept quiet  

Surprised you dont finish all your posts with.."So there"

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We were

Wouldn’t be too worried about that performance. Dominated most of the game and just lacked that cutting edge and a bit of luck in the final third. 

How Silva missed that chance only he knows but overall I think you dealt with them well albeit still a defeat. On clear chances you should have won comfortably. Was just one of those games. 

Grealish had a disappointing match. Was not positive enough and should have taken the guy on more. Too many times he just played the ball behind. Mind you the ref gave him nothing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Wouldn’t be too worried about that performance. Dominated most of the game and just lacked that cutting edge and a bit of luck in the final third. 

How Silva missed that chance only he knows but overall I think you dealt with them well albeit still a defeat. On clear chances you should have won comfortably. Was just one of those games. 

Grealish had a disappointing match. Was not positive enough and should have taken the guy on more. Too many times he just played the ball behind. Mind you the ref gave him nothing. 

Spot on Kads. Don't really have much to add to that summary ????

I really think you missed a trick last night. Their front 3 did zero defending, so even when you were all over them they had maximum a bank of 7.

Just needed to push Cancelo or another defender right forward.... I mean literally in the box. Fine you might have got killed on the break but at least give it a go.

Grealish looked very innocuous. But no shame in losing to this PSG team they might crack it this season .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You know perfectly well what I mean....and given the service at Spurs this season its not his fault.

And you know what I mean bud. You said we were suckers for not buying Kane. Yes he would be an asset but you know my stance on his value, I have not flinched on what I think of the price Levy wants and I believe we would have been suckers if we'd caved in to Levy. I said on here several months ago that our transfer strategy isn't as loose as people may think. We don't get into bidding wars or wildly just throw money about. We put a value on a player with a bit of wriggle room and you either take it or leave it.

So what's the deal with Torres then?

Not so long ago he had a good little run and Pep did an interview being complimentary about him. Then recently he's not played.

How do you see Pep roulette going vs Liverpool? Will he start, or if not who?...

On 10/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, RickG16 said:

So what's the deal with Torres then?

Not so long ago he had a good little run and Pep did an interview being complimentary about him. Then recently he's not played.

How do you see Pep roulette going vs Liverpool? Will he start, or if not who?...

Don't think there's any particular issue or "deal". Just Pep doing his tweaking, rotating and trying to give minutes to as many as possible

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm in the mood to play Pep roulette today.....

Given that Foden has just signed a new deal and is pretty much the form guy, you would expect him to play a lot of minutes in the next few Premier League games... wouldn't you....

@mrbojangles 

Yip. And Sterling didn't do himself any favours yesterday in fighting to keep a place

Can't be many (if any) players who've done this.

Cole Palmer plays 2 games in one day. He played for the first team V Burnley yesterday and then played for the EDS squad against Leicester at 7:30pm and scoring 2 goals. Yeah, he only played a minute against Burnley but still, Pep must be impressed with the lad

22 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Can't be many (if any) players who've done this.

Cole Palmer plays 2 games in one day. He played for the first team V Burnley yesterday and then played for the EDS squad against Leicester at 7:30pm and scoring 2 goals. Yeah, he only played a minute against Burnley but still, Pep must be impressed with the lad

Correction. He scored a hat trick