The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Isn't a shame that the manager of the English champions can't talk without using profanities. Disgrace.

Oh my god, are you offended by that? You're not one of those lefty Cancel Culture mob are? Got news for you Ricky, you're not cancelling our Pep ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh my god, are you offended by that? You're not one of those lefty Cancel Culture mob are? Got news for you Ricky, you're not cancelling our Pep ????

Is swearing seen as a right wing thing? Never knew that. I would have thought the opposite lol.

You are way off the mark. Nothing to do with cancel culture. This comes down to the way you carry yourself as manager of the English champions.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Is swearing seen as a right wing thing? Never knew that. I would have thought the opposite lol.

You are way off the mark. Nothing to do with cancel culture. This comes down to the way you carry yourself as manager of the English champions.

I am sure Sir Alex never swore in his life.    LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This comes down to the way you carry yourself as manager 

Just a couple of your manager. Living in a glass house Rick!!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer swears on 39th minute after Kevin Friend’s shock Harry Maguire decision :- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer swears on 39th minute after Kevin Friend's shock Harry Maguire decision (manutdtimes.com)

“Jesse one more time and you’re f**king off” – Solskjaer loses it with Jesse Lingard vs Man City :- Video: Solskjaer loses it and swears at Jesse Lingard vs Man City (strettynews.com)

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just a couple of your manager. Living in a glass house Rick!!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer swears on 39th minute after Kevin Friend’s shock Harry Maguire decision :- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer swears on 39th minute after Kevin Friend's shock Harry Maguire decision (manutdtimes.com)

“Jesse one more time and you’re f**king off” – Solskjaer loses it with Jesse Lingard vs Man City :- Video: Solskjaer loses it and swears at Jesse Lingard vs Man City (strettynews.com)

There's a difference between heat of the moment swearing on the touchline, and in a press conference when you have time to give a calm and considered response.

I'm not offended, I just believe there is a certain standard that is attached to being champions of this country, and you have fallen below that. It's a bit like filling your ground on a regular basis (or not).

39 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There's a difference between heat of the moment swearing on the touchline, and in a press conference when you have time to give a calm and considered response.

No Ricky. What it is, is that you want one rule for your manager and another rule for everyone else. Pep said the "P" word (another name for taking a wee) which is a mild swear word but in your words "it's disgraceful" whereas Ole said the "F" word but that's OK. Bullsh## I say ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not offended, I just believe there is a certain standard that is attached to being champions of this country, and you have fallen below that. It's a bit like filling your ground on a regular basis (or not).

If you think it is a standard 'attached to being Champions of this country' at least 'your lot' will not fall into that category!    LOL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If you think it is a standard 'attached to being Champions of this country' at least 'your lot' will not fall into that category!    LOL

During our time as champions we represented this country, and the sport as a whole, impeccably. 

We single-handedly made the Premier League what it is today. Brought through a load of English youngsters who became icons. And generally flew the flag for English football as it came out of the dark days of the European ban etc. 

• Haha 1

You couldn't have played us at a better time. It was the equivalent of walking up to a guy lying on the floor unconscious and kicking him in the head....

Unforunately I think the board had already given a pass to Ole for this game come what may. Can't see any realistic candidates for replacing him, yet can't see how he can turn it around.

Going to be a long season.

Edit...I see the formatting went weird again, but promise I did write this myself Kadilo!

Edited by RickG16

What are you on about. You were all up after beating Spurs wondering how City would cope with two of the greatest forwards the game has seen. (Or something similar). 

As most of us thought, including ex Man U players, it was more papering over the cracks. 

I am sure any of us would love to see Ole given to the end of the season. 

Going by the empty seats and the boos from those left at the end, sadly he will be replaced before that. 

As you say, the choices are not many, although I did hear Warnock was sacked today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You couldn't have played us at a better time. It was the equivalent of walking up to a guy lying on the floor unconscious and kicking him in the head....

Unforunately I think the board had already given a pass to Ole for this game come what may. Can't see any realistic candidates for replacing him, yet can't see how he can turn it around.

Going to be a long season.

Edit...I see the formatting went weird again, but promise I did write this myself Kadilo!

Give over man. As Kadilo said above, you were full of it last week. Telling me to get off the Spurs thread cos I should be worried about saturday. You have the memory retention of a Goldfish sometimes

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Such a great time to be alive watching this lot, I can't wait for their next match ????

T'was fun yesterday. We just wouldn't let them have the ball. They basically gave up in the second half. We were so comfortable Pep didn't want to spoil the rhythm by bringing a sub on. Ronaldo has been getting them out of the doo da lately. Don't let him near the ball and they are clueless, especially as he won't chase after it.

• Like 2