The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What are you on about. You were all up after beating Spurs wondering how City would cope with two of the greatest forwards the game has seen. (Or something similar). 

As most of us thought, including ex Man U players, it was more papering over the cracks. 

I am sure any of us would love to see Ole given to the end of the season. 

Going by the empty seats and the boos from those left at the end, sadly he will be replaced before that. 

As you say, the choices are not many, although I did hear Warnock was sacked today. 

I understand Tim "Dim" Sherwood is available for a song.

37 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Such a great time to be alive watching this lot, I can't wait for their next match ????

I fear they'll sack OGS soon. Even with the support of SAF you can't have a team looking that awful. They are a forlorn looking bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, jellydog said:

I fear they'll sack OGS soon. Even with the support of SAF you can't have a team looking that awful. They are a forlorn looking bunch.

Agreed, they will probably go for the wrong fit again though. Brian Potter is evolving as a fantastic modern day coach, but they will likely go for a name rather than a good coach.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Agreed, they will probably go for the wrong fit again though. Brian Potter is evolving as a fantastic modern day coach, but they will likely go for a name rather than a good coach.

Yeah, Potter would be a very good choice, but yeah, I doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Such a great time to be alive watching this lot, I can't wait for their next match ????

And don't forget, according to Ole (and Rick ????) United are the biggest club in the world. It's just that they can't win much since SAF left ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What are you on about. You were all up after beating Spurs wondering how City would cope with two of the greatest forwards the game has seen. (Or something similar). 

Only one of them played and our best defender by a mile was also out

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

You reckon Potter could walk into the dressing room and command the respect of Ronaldo and Varane?

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You couldn't have played us at a better time. It was the equivalent of walking up to a guy lying on the floor unconscious and kicking him in the head.

They were not saying that last w/e Rick.

OGS just needs a bit more time and some more dosh.

• Like 1

Just seen an interesting clip from saturday's match. For City's 2nd goal we had 26 consecutive passes from Ederson playing it out at the back and every City player touched the ball at least once in that move. At first you think that's quite impressive, especially at OT but having watched the clip, we just stroked the ball all around and United didn't even make a single serious attempt to win the ball back. Why wasn't the manager lambasting his players for that? 

• 2 weeks later...

That was probably the most convincing win over the toffees we've had. They used to be our bogey team but hopefully that has been put aside.

That assist by Cancelo for Sterling was outrageous and the goal by Rodri would still be in the air now if the net hadn't stopped it. What a rocket that was 

And nice to see the young ones coming through. Palmer full of confidence and the late debut appearance of McAtee. I haven't seen anything of him but apart from last night and boy did he look confident but mates in the UK are already calling him David Silva Mk II

• Like 1