The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, champers said:

Jack and Phil sent to the naughty step by Pep. Signing Grealish was always fraught with the risk that he would corrupt younger team-mates with his "party party" attitude. 

Well it's hard when you try and transplant a Catalan club and culture in the UK, assuming you are going to have a couple of English players. Having a couple of drinks around Christmas isn't the Catalan way, it seems.

11 hours ago, champers said:

Jack and Phil sent to the naughty step by Pep. Signing Grealish was always fraught with the risk that he would corrupt younger team-mates with his "party party" attitude. 

From what I've read Pep didn't have a problem with them going out ( i think it was sanctioned) it was to do with the state they turned up for training

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

From what I've read Pep didn't have a problem with them going out ( i think it was sanctioned) it was to do with the state they turned up for training

Well what do you think will happen if you let a couple of English lads go out? A glass of wine and a charcuterie board?

If this was Maguire you and Kadilo would be calling for the death sentence.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well what do you think will happen if you let a couple of English lads go out? A glass of wine and a charcuterie board?

If this was Maguire you and Kadilo would be calling for the death sentence.

As far as I'm aware neither Grealish nor Foden got banged up in a Greek (or any nationality) cell for the evening after hitting a copper. Neither did they have to appear at court and got found guilty. These lads just had an hangover. But hey, if you really are that desperate to draw similarities, be my guest

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As far as I'm aware neither Grealish nor Foden got banged up in a Greek (or any nationality) cell for the evening after hitting a copper. Neither did they have to appear at court and got found guilty. These lads just had an hangover. But hey, if you really are that desperate to draw similarities, be my guest

He tries hard bless him. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Ferran Torres to Barca?! I hate to see it. I think he's going to be a very good footballer who will score a lot of goals. Another striker leaves City for Barca.:glare:

I can understand a Spaniard wanting to go and play for Barca or Real Madrid. It's like an Englishman wanting to play for City or Liverpool ???? We really haven't been using him that much even before his injury and so won't really miss him. As long as we make a good profit, which we will, good luck to the lad

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I can understand a Spaniard wanting to go and play for Barca or Real Madrid. It's like an Englishman wanting to play for City or Liverpool ???? We really haven't been using him that much even before his injury and so won't really miss him. As long as we make a good profit, which we will, good luck to the lad

Yeah, it makes sense that he would want to go to Spain. On the other hand how is Barca financing this deal when they are broke? A few pounds a month for the next twenty years?

Well that was a weird one. Pretty much dominated and cruising. Took our foot off the gas and they took advantage in a 10 minute spell scoring 3 goals. Must admit I started getting a tad nervous until Laporte made up for his slip 10 minutes earlier. Don't want many more games like that one

Grealish and Foden both didn't start although Phil came on late on. Hope Pep isn't taking this punishment too far and it was just tactical

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Nice win by Leicester and looking at the table I'm experiencing some dèjà vu.:biggrin:

I've just got up and raced to see the score (like I did with the Newcastle v United last night). Happy with the way the week is panning out thus far. As long as you don't include Cricket (Our version of your baseball) :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've just got up and raced to see the score (like I did with the Newcastle v United last night). Happy with the way the week is panning out thus far. As long as you don't include Cricket (Our version of your baseball) :biggrin:

I watched about 5 minutes of Cricket once. :blink:

On 12/21/2021 at 7:18 PM, RickG16 said:

Well it's hard when you try and transplant a Catalan club and culture in the UK, assuming you are going to have a couple of English players. Having a couple of drinks around Christmas isn't the Catalan way, it seems.

Grealish probably thought he had the week off, it's not like they need him.

Why do Arsenal keep Xhaka!? He absolutely ruined a spectacular effort by the Gunners today. The guy has been poison for years.

A huge, killer 3 points for City who watched Arsenal lose composure due to Xhaka's grab in the area and Gabriel's silly cheap shot.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Why do Arsenal keep Xhaka!? He absolutely ruined a spectacular effort by the Gunners today. The guy has been poison for years.

A huge, killer 3 points for City who watched Arsenal lose composure due to Xhaka's grab in the area and Gabriel's silly cheap shot.

Yep. They have much improved and had us on the ropes and I feared for the worst but they where architects of their own downfall.

I'll take an ugly win any day

3 hours ago, wilai said:

See you guys have another 'Official Partner' The Emirates Palace Hotel!!! Now that place wouldn't be Government owned would it?????

Are you jealous cos your lot are an official partner of "The Bin Dipping Bed and Brekkie" on Walton Breck Rd ???? 

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you jealous cos your lot are an official partner of "The Bin Dipping Bed and Brekkie" on Walton Breck Rd ???? 

That place still there? I thought it was demolished not long after you moved out????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

See you guys have another 'Official Partner' The Emirates Palace Hotel!!! Now that place wouldn't be Government owned would it?????

When 2 players in every position is not enough.

All their big sponsors are out of Abu Dhabi, why doesn't any other companies compete for these deals, that's right because they make no financial sense whatsoever. 

When you can't afford a draw away at Chelsea halfway through a season where you have lost only 2 matches it's a bit grim. I think we will look back at how incredible it was that Klopp managed to grab a title in between this monopoly.

51 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

When 2 players in every position is not enough.

Myth.

Man City squad myth compared to Liverpool and Chelsea does injustice to Pep Guardiola

But, the Blues' dominance is not, as many have suggested, solely down to the size or depth in their squad.

Pep Guardiola has of course been blessed by a near unlimited transfer budget, which has meant he has been able to sign some of the world's best players — but so have plenty of other teams in the league. To suggest that City are winning just because they have the biggest squad would be incorrect and downplay all the great work they have done in building their side.

City started the season with 22 first-team players — if we generously include youngster Cole Palmer, who has been a regular fixture on the bench recently — which was still smaller than every other team that finished in the top eight last season.

Now it has it actually become even smaller as Ferran Torres has been sold to Barcelona, decreasing the number to 21 and leaving City with even fewer options to play the central striker role. The Blues' only natural striker at present is Gabriel Jesus, but even he has made a successful transition to playing out wide this season.

As City now just have 21 first-team regulars, they have far less experienced players at their disposal than the Premier League's other top sides. Tottenham come closest with 23, but Manchester United have a whopping 29, Liverpool and Chelsea 27 apiece and Arsenal 26. Even Leicester City have 26 and West Ham 24.

So it's disingenuous to say City are winning merely because they have the biggest squad, but it's understandable why it can feel like that.

Full article:- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-squad-liverpool-chelsea-22640102

52 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

When you can't afford a draw away at Chelsea halfway through a season where you have lost only 2 matches it's a bit grim. I think we will look back at how incredible it was that Klopp managed to grab a title in between this monopoly.

Oh gawd. Now it's City's fault that Liverpool can only W 3 D 2  L1 of the last 6 games and Chelsea can only W 2 D 4

Gimme a break Bob

Table1.JPG.18a251cd29571f85f0f849145714ddab.JPG