The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

Impressive today against the Championship leaders. Made Fulham look ordinary. 

Yeah. Apart from the early scare we were pretty much in control for the rest of the game. Great to see the young lad Delap back from that long injury lay off. Hopefully he'll get plenty of game time now to show us what he's got

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

It collapsed didn't it? Maybe Liverpool got confused (like I did last night) and put the wrong name on the paperwork, as there are 2 Carvalho's play for Fulham ????

Not sure but it seems the EFL didn't allow a 'Deal Sheet' to be issued for the loan back which had been agreed. This would extended the time allowed to cross t's and dot i's. AFAIK the fee was agreed, medical done and so, unless there is a change of heart by any of the parties, the deal should go through in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

KDB my MOTM. He looks back to prime form. Long may it last.

Also looks like City have found a deadshot PK taker in Mahrez.

MOM was close for me but I reckon Cancelo just nicked it. He's getting to be a really special player now and some of his moves last night were marvelous.

Agree with the penalty taker. Don't know why we struggled so much with penalties but now Mahrez seems settled on taking them.

As for the game, it was pretty much as we expected I think but if anything I think we took our foot off the gas as if to conserve some energy. I'll take the 3 points all day long

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, mrbojangles said:

MOM was close for me but I reckon Cancelo just nicked it. He's getting to be a really special player now and some of his moves last night were marvelous.

Agree with the penalty taker. Don't know why we struggled so much with penalties but now Mahrez seems settled on taking them.

As for the game, it was pretty much as we expected I think but if anything I think we took our foot off the gas as if to conserve some energy. I'll take the 3 points all day long

I hate to say it but Cancelo is absolute class. Funny thing is I never see him do much defending. But he plays pretty much as a midfielder sometimes when you have the ball 

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I hate to say it but Cancelo is absolute class. Funny thing is I never see him do much defending. But he plays pretty much as a midfielder sometimes when you have the ball 

I get why you say that but it's mainly down to the high line we play and Pep using players in all sorts of position's. Cancelo plays best at left back and when we have the ball he overlaps into defensive midfield. However, he cuts inside a lot and has a great shot on him with both feet. I've heard people call him the best attacking left back in the league or a false left back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

So there was an offside in the build up!? Thank you Mr. VAR!:clap2:

The Premier League are saying no penalty was awarded because there was inconclusive evidence that the ball hit Rodri in the 'red zone', which is the area below the shirt line/armpit. Offside apparently not a factor.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The Premier League are saying no penalty was awarded because there was inconclusive evidence that the ball hit Rodri in the 'red zone', which is the area below the shirt line/armpit. Offside apparently not a factor.

Twas the same pair who denied Jota a pen nd let Kane stay on the pitch when we played Spurs.. As you would expect, both are from Greater Manchester. Bias or Corruption? Too obvious to be just incompetence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What they have said is that "VAR determined that the referee had not made a clear and obvious error in failing to give a handball". The ref didn't give it and the evidence to overturn his decision wasn't enough. It's one of those where if he had have given it, they wouldn't have overturned that either. Lucky - yes. Corrupt (as Wilai would like to think ????) - No

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What they have said is that "VAR determined that the referee had not made a clear and obvious error in failing to give a handball".

"They" ie Kavanagh, is hardly gonna admit he was in the wrong. As it clearly hit the arm and not the shoulder, Tierney should have at least been advised to check the monitor for himself. Apparently he wasn't asked/told to do so. I know you'll disagree (only person I've seen/read so far that does) but that smacks of more than just ineptness. It was a deliberate act.

We all get good/bad VAR decisions so I have no problem with that, but last night's went beyond reasonable, fair behaviour IMO and could have serious repercussions for the Trickies (not that I'll complain about that????)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

What they have said is that "VAR determined that the referee had not made a clear and obvious error in failing to give a handball". The ref didn't give it and the evidence to overturn his decision wasn't enough. It's one of those where if he had have given it, they wouldn't have overturned that either. Lucky - yes. Corrupt (as Wilai would like to think ????) - No

Do you think it was  handball?

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

I know you'll disagree (only person I've seen/read so far that does) but that smacks of more than just ineptness. It was a deliberate act.

Jelly said no handball above ????

As I said above. We were lucky. The original decision stuck. Liverpool (the same as us and United, Chelsea etc) have had loads of luck as well as decisions go against. There's no conspiracy going on.