The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I didn't see the game the other day but I heard about their sportsmanship

I didn't either, but we've played them a few times over the past couple of years so I know what they're like. Fortunately, they are are not as good at playing as they are the 'Darker Arts'????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So what? World leaders meet other world leaders in an attempt to create peace. Trump met Kim Jun but there was no oooh ha about it. The UK gov don't get to decide who all the leaders around the world can and cannot meet. One things for sure, the strategy of not meeting with Assad hasn't gone too well has it?

Now go and worry about your crumbling stadium. Hope it doesn't collapse before you get to go next month

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So what? World leaders meet other world leaders in an attempt to create peace. Trump met Kim Jun but there was no oooh ha about it. The UK gov don't get to decide who all the leaders around the world can and cannot meet. One things for sure, the strategy of not meeting with Assad hasn't gone too well has it?

Now go and worry about your crumbling stadium. Hope it doesn't collapse before you get to go next month

That's the thanks I get for relaying City related news. 

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I bet I get the City news way before you do. You was what is otherwise known as trolling, dear boy

PSG, City, Newcastle..... The game is being slowly taken over by people who have completely different ethics and understanding than traditional football playing countries. (That's me putting it nicely and not mentioning human rights records.)

We shouldn't mix politics and football. But we also shouldn't allow football to be a vehicle to normalise and legitamise oppressive regimes. 

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

PSG, City, Newcastle.....

Funny how you only mention Arab countries there. Nothing about Russian oligarchs or american owners leveraging debt against clubs. And don't tell me America is a traditional football (in our sense of the word) playing country. In fact, I'd love to hear your definition of what is a traditional football playing country

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how you only mention Arab countries there. Nothing about Russian oligarchs or american owners leveraging debt against clubs. And don't tell me America is a traditional football (in our sense of the word) playing country. In fact, I'd love to hear your definition of what is a traditional football playing country

Let's not divide it by traditional football then. Let's divide it by traditional values and principles. These people are using football (and other sports) like a whore to make themselves look squeeky clean, or at least cleaner.

Yes, I would include the oligarchs in that bracket. No, Americans buying a club via a questionable financial arrangement is not my point. It's a free market, but we can put more effective controls on who can own our clubs. 

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't think it would be

Obviously it's not ideal for us. But any business can be bought in that way. On the flip side, nobody can argue that the Glazers haven't invested in players.

I also trust you've seen the redevelopment plans for OT Mr Boj! Personally I don't think they should touch it. Keep the leaky roof and all. More soul. 

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I also trust you've seen the redevelopment plans for OT Mr Boj! Personally I don't think they should touch it. Keep the leaky roof and all. More soul. 

Yep. I got slammed by your mate on your thread for having the audacity to say OT was crumbling. Be interesting to see where they will want to play if they decide on the full raise it to the ground and start again option

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. I got slammed by your mate on your thread for having the audacity to say OT was crumbling. Be interesting to see where they will want to play if they decide on the full raise it to the ground and start again option

How about a WW2 style ground share? ????

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Then there's always Moss Lane.... Realistically I think we'd be looking at Millennium Stadium or Wembley. We'd still fill them I think

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

And not far for your fans to travel ????

Us and Liverpool could be the only two teams that could fill a ground anywhere in the country. No shame in that. 

Edgeley Park would probably be most suitable for you