The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry. Missed that post. I'm calling you out on that. No way does a Man U fan stay up or wake up at 2am just to watch a City game. I do it for City but never stay up for other teams. And don't say you watched a replay cos I won't believe that either

Might have been leathered, would answer a few questions for you ????

We've played them a few times under Klopp and every time we get them in a draw there is a collective sigh. I can't stand him or his over the top cheating/dark arts style of play, and with no intention off playing football. 

That being said, you have to give it to him. He has won a couple of league titles, europa leagues, a couple champions league finals appearances, Copa winners too. 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Might have been leathered, would answer a few questions for you ????

We've played them a few times under Klopp and every time we get them in a draw there is a collective sigh. I can't stand him or his over the top cheating/dark arts style of play, and with no intention off playing football. 

That being said, you have to give it to him. He has won a couple of league titles, europa leagues, a couple champions league finals appearances, Copa winners too. 

Yep. Agree with all of that mate

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Well boys the day is finally here. The biggest game on the calendar. The 2 best teams in Europe, if not the planet right now. 

Not sure what to expect, cagey draw or go for it. We cannot afford to lose. 

I confess to being very nervous about this one. Would you take a draw now if offered?

Funny how you hear Neville drone on about FFP and ownership models. This little snippet from Martin Samuels column. Posted a screen shot so you don't have to scroll through all the articles but link is here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10697273/Champions-League-UEFAs-latest-carve-just-victory-mediocrity.html

Screenshot_20220410-080524_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a20ac6042379d13641e5b359e5049b29.jpg

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I confess to being very nervous about this one. Would you take a draw now if offered?

Yeah as are all us Reds, nervous.

It's tough one, I think we need to win, although I wouldn't think we were out of the race if there was a draw, but it's out of our hands then. If City win I don't see us overcoming 4 points in 7 games. Cannot lose this one. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how you hear Neville drone on about FFP and ownership models. This little snippet from Martin Samuels column. Posted a screen shot so you don't have to scroll through all the articles but link is here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10697273/Champions-League-UEFAs-latest-carve-just-victory-mediocrity.html

Screenshot_20220410-080524_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a20ac6042379d13641e5b359e5049b29.jpg

Jesus, what a pillock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry. Missed that post. I'm calling you out on that. No way does a Man U fan stay up or wake up at 2am just to watch a City game. I do it for City but never stay up for other teams. And don't say you watched a replay cos I won't believe that either

Extended highlights the following day.

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope. You said you'd watched the match. Highlights are nowhere near qualifying for that statement 

Which statement is that? What exactly did I say about the match that needs to be qualified by watching every minute of it?

Just now, RickG16 said:

Which statement is that? What exactly did I say about the match that needs to be qualified by watching every minute of it?

You do know extended highlights are about 20 mins?

I saw all I needed to know. Atletico are up to their old tricks / tactics. And you are crying about it.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I didn't say I watched the full 90.

I asked and YOU said you watched the game. You didn't watch the game as a game consists of 2 45 minute halves. You watched a sliced and diced highlight version. Of course I understand that United fans only want to watch 20 minutes of United playing nowadays but to the rest of the PL, 20 minutes is not watching the game. 

I have nothing more to discuss with you as you are full of it

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I asked and YOU said you watched the game. You didn't watch the game as a game consists of 2 45 minute halves. You watched a sliced and diced highlight version. Of course I understand that United fans only want to watch 20 minutes of United playing nowadays but to the rest of the PL, 20 minutes is not watching the game. 

I have nothing more to discuss with you as you are full of it

Quit the semantics. Whether I watched the highlights or the full game has no bearing on what we were discussing. And if it does tell me why. 

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Quit the semantics. Whether I watched the highlights or the full game has no bearing on what we were discussing. And if it does tell me why. 

Because you are commenting on the way Athetico played whem you didn't watch the match. I merely said they were dirty gits and you jumped in defending them without watching the game.

Do you know why I haven't commented on your game yesterday? It's cos I never watched it. I've read how rubbish you were but I don't make comments on tactics etc on a game I didn't watch

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you are commenting on the way Athetico played whem you didn't watch the match. I merely said they were dirty gits and you jumped in defending them without watching the game.

Do you know why I haven't commented on your game yesterday? It's cos I never watched it. I've read how rubbish you were but I don't make comments on tactics etc on a game I didn't watch

I've watched football long enough to make my mind up on a game after watching 20 mins of highlights. Atletico weren't trying to win the game I agree. They were trying to get back to their place with the tie still alive. Which they did.

Right that's it I'm done. ???? Take a victory if you want. See you for the 2nd leg at some point. ????

Good luck for tonight I want you to win. 

Edited by RickG16

Didn't want to watch it but ended up doing so.

Scary to watch how much better the passing, tempo and actually knowing what the <deleted> they are doing is than us. Both sides. That's why I don't like watching city or scousers

City for the league ..  thank you and good night

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:00 AM, mrbojangles said:

Atletico Madrid hit with two UEFA charges from Man City defeat in Champions League

UEFA have charged Atletico Madrid for two alleged offences under Disciplinary Regulations (DR).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/atletico-madrid-uefa-charge-breaking-23637126?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_campaign=mcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

UEFA have punished them for their behaviour by a partial stand closure for the second leg. Approx 5,000 seat reduction. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/atletico-madrid-stadium-closure-city-23662547?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_campaign=mcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Gave me a combination of acid reflux and prostate pain!!

Rick G will have enjoyed it....A flashback to the good old days of Vieira and Keane with off the ball hacks and fighting in the tunnel etc????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Rick G will have enjoyed it....A flashback to the good old days of Vieira and Keane with off the ball hacks and fighting in the tunnel etc????

Didn't see it.... might watch the highlights if only to see Grealish get his hair pulled again.