The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You know the rules by now. But just in case:-

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Its the hope that will get you in the end.

Good luck with the FA.

Peps' body language and comments over recent times have all the hallmarks of a manager who is going to walk away at the end of the season come what may. When you start complaining about travel times within England you might just need a long holiday from football. Wish him well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

"Impartial" FA

Screenshot_20230208_072542_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fec09c0baf026743f33fdbd9eddfc8ff.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_072515_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fb4bba642aeba022897f4c7c50352a3f.jpg

Are you suggesting lawyers aren't allowed to support football teams? I'm pretty most support a team and there is a good chance they are in the top tier.

How childish to think that someone who has reached the top of their profession would actually be influenced by who they happen to be a fan of. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Are you suggesting lawyers aren't allowed to support football teams? I'm pretty most support a team and there is a good chance they are in the top tier.

How childish to think that someone who has reached the top of their profession would actually be influenced by who they happen to be a fan of. 

I didn't say that but you obviously think it though.

Would you be happy for a Liverpool supporting referee to ref a game between United and Liverpool?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I didn't say that but you obviously think it though.

Would you be happy for a Liverpool supporting referee to ref a game between United and Liverpool?

Occasionally referees do ref the team they support. And I trust them to do their job. If anything I'd think they'd be harsher to that team in order to make a point.

Let's just screen all lawyers to make sure they don't support a football team. Is that what you are suggesting?

That would probably drag this out for a few more months for you

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Occasionally referees do ref the team they support. And I trust them to do their job. If anything I'd think they'd be harsher to that team in order to make a point.

What a load of tosh. NO referee in the PL EVER refs a game of the team they support. The uproar would be too much. You make this stuff up as you go along.

Let's just screen all lawyers to make sure they don't support a football team. Is that what you are suggesting?

Tis you who is suggesting it. I merely posted 2 pictures and YOU'RE OWN imagination ran wild suggesting things that I never mentioned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What a load of tosh. NO referee in the PL EVER refs a game of the team they support. The uproar would be too much. You make this stuff up as you go along.

Tis you who is suggesting it. I merely posted 2 pictures and YOU'RE OWN imagination ran wild suggesting things that I never mentioned.

There's a pretty famous ref who is allegedly a United fan (from Alty I believe) who has reffed United games, and I can't remember him making pro United decisions.

You are suggesting a lawyer can't be impartial because of the team he supports... isn't that correct? Or what was the meaning of the post

There's a pretty famous ref who is allegedly a United fan (from Alty I believe) who has reffed United games, and I can't remember him making pro United decisions.

If you are thinking of Anthony Taylor, he is an Altrincham fan. He doesn't support United.

There are rules in place to stop ref's officiating a team they may favour. Have a read of this, it lists refs and who they support and what process is in place to ensure ref's don't get to do what you made up in your head.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-football-teams-do-premier-league-referees-support/bltc5a6db7933177b98

You are suggesting a lawyer can't be impartial because of the team he supports... isn't that correct? Or what was the meaning of the post

I merely posted 2 pictures that were on the front page of a national paper. They must have thought the same as you are suggesting. Once again, I didn't suggest anything, you came up with all that on your own.

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's funny, you are probably using exactly the same tactic that City's hot shot legal team has planned.... Be pedantic and go round in circles til the other side runs out of stream 

That isn't being pedantic. You were putting words in my mouth. The fact that the Daily Mail thinks it's a bit dodgy is one thing and you obviously feel the same as them , as it was you who suggested something is iffy and then you try and say it's me who is childish. When in fact, it was you're own words.

Nothing further to say about the ref's reffing their own clubs now I've put you back in your box on that one?

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That isn't being pedantic. You were putting words in my mouth. The fact that the Daily Mail thinks it's a bit dodgy is one thing and you obviously feel the same as them , as it was you who suggested something is iffy and then you try and say it's me who is childish. When in fact, it was you're own words.

Nothing further to say about the ref's reffing their own clubs now I've put you back in your box on that one?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

But why did you make that point about refs? Do you think it should be same with lawyers.

Clutching at straws pal. Baling water desperately out of a sinking ship 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, RickG16 said:

See you at Moss Lane next season @mrbojangles

Screenshot_2023-02-07-16-54-23-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It's funny, there were 2 laughing emojis reactions to this post which have now disappeared.

I also haven't heard from Red Army in several hours.

Could this be the workings of the Asean Now inner circle?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

It's funny, there were 2 laughing emojis reactions to this post which have now disappeared.

Man like P is still here brother, seen the emojis not there, just added a Love it emoji - I think it's nothing too sinister, maybe a technical glitch.

Ps: If i were a ref, I'd be giving out Penalties galore for United & 4 or 5 Red cards per game ????

Pps : We don't really need any help or assistance with anything - As i stated a few months back - Like it or not, UNITED ARE BACK - BIG TIME ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I've just looked and there are 2 hearts now. Maybe the users changed them. Either way, as far as I am aware only the user or tech department can alter and remove them.

I hope you don't think I would have contacted the tech department to remove 2 emoji's. And you also think we've kidnapped Redarmy just cos he went missing for a few hours. Jaysus

Edit:- Just looked into the emoji change further. The smiley emoji has been turned off / removed. That's why they disappeared 

No I don't read the Sun but a mate sent me this article from Phil Thomas. Pretty hard to argue against it and no, he isn't a blue.

Man City have arguably the most loved owners in football.. jealous rivals should pipe down and learn from Sheikh Mansour

IT HAS always been the most tribal of sports. One where the mood of an entire week can be shaped by 90 minutes. Eternally driven by emotion.

And over the past few days we have had further proof of the most dominant force of all... jealousy.

Don’t agree?

Well, take a look at the reaction from Manchester City’s biggest rivals when the Premier League charged them with 115 financial rule breaches and think again.

From Old Trafford to Anfield, from Stamford Bridge to North London, there has been the sound of gleeful palms rubbed together.

By those desperate to see the demise of the best team over the past decade being brought to book.

Some even calling for them to be relegated to the bottom tier.

How they’d love for Sheikh Mansour and his Abu Dhabi group, who have brought the likes of Pep Guardiola, Kevin de Bruyne and Erling Haaland to the Prem, to be driven out of town.

Well, don’t all those now baying for blood have any sense of irony? It’s as if they don’t know what a bad owner actually is. Although listening to them, they certainly should.

Look at the ones who have always had the most to say about the City model and method. No one could tell you more about jealousy than them.

Starting four miles away at Old Trafford, where United have an owning family hated by fans and trying to sell the club.

Down the East Lancs Road at Liverpool, whose supporters are becoming increasingly disillusioned, there’s another owner trying to find a buyer.

Like Chelsea, who have just sold the club to someone whose idea of how FFP should work is his own but no one else’s.

Or Tottenham, a club hard to take seriously when the one thing guaranteed at every home game is a booming chorus of “Levy Out”.

And then there are City.

With arguably the best-loved owner in football — not through scarf-waving and soundbites but by what he’s done for their club and an entire community. There was a time, before Sheikh Mansour arrived, when the area around the Etihad was a derelict, downtrodden slum. The suburbs of Beswick, Ancoats, Newton Heath and Ardwick were places where anyone not locking the car door at a red light might find an unwanted guest in the passenger seat. 

One where locals were shunted to other parts of the city in the 1980s as part of a slum clearance scheme. Even the soil in the area around the main shaft to the old Bradford mine — a short throw-in from the Etihad — was poisonous. But now it is a site for some of the most desirable properties in Manchester and where a visit to the City stadium is one of the best fan experiences in the world.

A club with owners who have done more than anyone to help promote the women’s game, with a side enjoying facilities right out of the top drawer.

Yet ones who are now accused of pumping more money into their club than the rules permit.

Is there any other business where you are limited on the size of the investment you can make?

It’s interesting to see that the UK government is on course for £10billion of UAE investment after announcing a “relationship reset” with the Gulf State.

So the Abu Dhabi money is clearly good enough for them, but not to spend in the Premier League.

Has there ever been a better example of football’s crazy FFP rules?

It should be about focusing on conmen and crooks, not trying to trip up someone who has — and is — flooding football with millions.

Yes, City have made a few cock-ups with their managerial appointments, but the good has very much outweighed the bad.

Far from simply for their own supporters, too.

And believe me, these aren’t words of someone who spent years on the Kippax and bleeds sky blue.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Having financial boundaries is one thing.

No one would argue against that — as long as they train the sights on the right people.

Article:-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21356532/man-city-owners-loved-jealous-rivals-pipe-down/

• Like 1