The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Bloody heck. Too many negatives to review. I will say that Fernandinho will always be missed. Palace were so disciplined defensively, and the type of game that D. Silva is mightily needed.

I think you missed him big time. 

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps Silva and KDB should have come on earlier?

I think you mean Aguero and KdB. Silva is still out. But yeah, we should have started with both of them. They are back from their injuries and should be out on the park.

Hopefully that was just a bad day at the office and we'll bounce back on boxing day. The 3rd Jan is looking more and more important now

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you mean Aguero and KdB. Silva is still out. But yeah, we should have started with both of them. They are back from their injuries and should be out on the park.

Hopefully that was just a bad day at the office and we'll bounce back on boxing day. The 3rd Jan is looking more and more important now

Sorry, yes i meant Aguero.

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Combination of they took all their limited chances on the back of it wasn't City's day. I don't write any more into that.

What about Agent Townsend and Agent Walker's contribution 

towards the result?

I thought they both did very well for us. ????????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sotsira said:

What about Agent Townsend and Agent Walker's contribution 

towards the result?

I thought they both did very well for us. ????????

Oh yes indeed, both put in an immensely solid shift, Walker having a hand in two Palace goals.  Outstanding.

Turning in to a brutal December for us.

Not a lot going right for us currently. Not killing off games when we can and being punished for it.

Injuries to our A-players isn't helping and is one of our main problems, while our rivals seem not to have similar problems, but not many players are playing up to last season's level. Laporte, Stones, Silva and Silva, Aguero when fit, Sane, Sterling up to a month ago have all been decent but Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Otamendi, Gundogan, Mahrez Jesus and others need to up their game. There is no way we can try and get through the 2nd half of the season with only one (injured) LB on our books - teams are wise this season to our standins defensive weaknesses and are targetting them. Its also crazy to only have one player who can play the Fernandinho role; Fernandinho. How we're missing him.

The only player who is coming out of this period with credit is Laporte - as good as van dijk, maybe, but some task him having to play CB and LB (for Delph or Zinchenko).

It's obviously only at the halfway point but Liverpool have barely put a foot wrong and had some decent luck (Mahrez, Pickford) while its been a bit of grind for us to be honest; it's actually been City who've been trying to hang in there. If i were a betting man (I'm not) id put my money on liverpool; it's hard to see them slipping up.

To compound my misery, being away i tried BEin Connect for the first time. I lost the connection and couldn't get it working again from the 70th minute onwards. Believe i missed another wonder goal.

So its bah humbug Christmas but hopefully a happy new year.

Wishing all fellow footie posters and your family all the best for this festive period.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

How have you managed to mess this up?... Win one title and start wanking over yourselves, patting yourselves on the back and bringing out documentaries.

Well because of the phoney 'best ever Premier League team', it looks like the worst will happen this season.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, champers said:

Should have bought Axel Witsel when he was available, or A N Other, to cover Fernandhino. Bad error by management as is not having proper cover for the goalie. 

Fernandinho was the more obvious one, the others i'm not so sure about.

When he's not there it exposes certain individuals whom i believe to be rather technically lacking and i shall say no more.

When you have the equivalent of a midfield wall infront of you its easy to sprint up and down the touchline looking like a race horse.

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Turning in to a brutal December for us.

Not a lot going right for us currently. Not killing off games when we can and being punished for it.

Injuries to our A-players isn't helping and is one of our main problems, while our rivals seem not to have similar problems, but not many players are playing up to last season's level. Laporte, Stones, Silva and Silva, Aguero when fit, Sane, Sterling up to a month ago have all been decent but Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Otamendi, Gundogan, Mahrez Jesus and others need to up their game. There is no way we can try and get through the 2nd half of the season with only one (injured) LB on our books - teams are wise this season to our standins defensive weaknesses and are targetting them. Its also crazy to only have one player who can play the Fernandinho role; Fernandinho. How we're missing him.

The only player who is coming out of this period with credit is Laporte - as good as van dijk, maybe, but some task him having to play CB and LB (for Delph or Zinchenko).

It's obviously only at the halfway point but Liverpool have barely put a foot wrong and had some decent luck (Mahrez, Pickford) while its been a bit of grind for us to be honest; it's actually been City who've been trying to hang in there. If i were a betting man (I'm not) id put my money on liverpool; it's hard to see them slipping up.

To compound my misery, being away i tried BEin Connect for the first time. I lost the connection and couldn't get it working again from the 70th minute onwards. Believe i missed another wonder goal.

So its bah humbug Christmas but hopefully a happy new year.

Wishing all fellow footie posters and your family all the best for this festive period.

First post for a while and it's straight into to the excuses :1zgarz5:

Anyway Spurs have had Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dier, Sanchez, Son (intl duty and not fit) all missing through injuries or otherwise so your not the only ones !

Edited by alfieconn

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How have you managed to mess this up?... Win one title and start wanking over yourselves, patting yourselves on the back and bringing out documentaries.

Well because of the phoney 'best ever Premier League team', it looks like the worst will happen this season.

WE City fans stated beginning of the season, when some on here were saying that it's  Citys again, that it won't be easy, retaining a title isnt easy, only a couple had done so. Think you'll  remember  that and WE've been proved right, players haven't played to the same level.

The documentary was signed up for BEFORE last season started but nice try at distorting the facts.

Losing 3 out of 4 games; can't see it being retained now unless we get everyone back and keep the fit, go on a run and van dijk, goalie, salah and other A-players have significant time out with injuries. 

5 hours ago, champers said:

Should have bought Axel Witsel when he was available, or A N Other, to cover Fernandhino. Bad error by management as is not having proper cover for the goalie. 

You will not find a City fan who doesn't  think differently  than you.

One defensive midfielder , one fit goalie (and a kid) and only one LB...got away with it last season but not this.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

WE City fans stated beginning of the season, when some on here were saying that it's  Citys again, that it won't be easy, retaining a title isnt easy, only a couple had done so. Think you'll  remember  that and WE've been proved right, players haven't played to the same level.

The documentary was signed up for BEFORE last season started but nice try at distorting the facts.

Losing 3 out of 4 games; can't see it being retained now unless we get everyone back and keep the fit, go on a run and van dijk, goalie, salah and other A-players have significant time out with injuries. 

typo

Edited by alfieconn

A holiday season disaster for City and their fans. Injuries to key players have certainly had an impact. The loss of Fernandinho is huge with no adequate replacement. In City's defense they thought they had cover with Jorginho but he scurried off to Chelsea. Even so, the cupboard is very bare. Stones is no DM and neither is Gundogan.

Spanish Dave out recently as well as Aguero. Key players, and Aguero looked rusty last night. KDB not in top form yet as you would expect.

At any rate Pep has some work to do. If Fernandinho ain't back soon City are going to continue to be vulnerable.

Very surprised about this City team, didn't expect Spurs to be ahead of you. But it's a long season we'll see, Key players like De Bruyne is important and can make the difference. 

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A holiday season disaster for City and their fans. Injuries to key players have certainly had an impact. The loss of Fernandinho is huge with no adequate replacement. In City's defense they thought they had cover with Jorginho but he scurried off to Chelsea. Even so, the cupboard is very bare. Stones is no DM and neither is Gundogan.

Spanish Dave out recently as well as Aguero. Key players, and Aguero looked rusty last night. KDB not in top form yet as you would expect.

At any rate Pep has some work to do. If Fernandinho ain't back soon City are going to continue to be vulnerable.

Like i posted earlier, Fernandinho's absence seems to leave your flanks very exposed.  Pep will be pulling out the chequebook in january because it makes obvious sense.  

15 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You have a crisis now....lovely to watch I must admit!

Pep went hell for leather, was hoping to do what he did last season and be over the hill by Christmas. 

He didn’t expect Liverpool and Spurs to be tagging along or Liverpool tactically or by chance to have been slowly building a head of steam and peaking Fitness in January next year.

to day we’ve been without injury is wrong, we had Clyne at right back last week, not played for a year. We’ve lost 2 centre backs and had various players out for spells. Just like everyone else. 

41 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

First post for a while and it's straight into to the excuses :1zgarz5:

Anyway Spurs have had Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dier, Sanchez, Son (intl duty and not fit) all missing through injuries or otherwise so your not the only ones !

I've been on the solidarity protest "Freedom for Ronnie", where were you?

You say excuses, but i say it's me giving my honest opinions of my teams current failings.