The official Manchester City thread 2019

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

as the ultimate 'team guy'. 

Hendo was (and still is) the team leader. If he played for you guys. you'd be a lot higher than 15th. Talking of Hendo, he signed at the same time and for a similar price as Phil Jones. Think we got the better deal!😃

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once a blue, always a blue

Well done to KdB for winning PFA Player of the Year. Well deserved, not only for this years contribution but consistency over several seasons

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Hendo was (and still is) the team leader. If he played for you guys. you'd be a lot higher than 15th. Talking of Hendo, he signed at the same time and for a similar price as Phil Jones. Think we got the better deal!😃

I honestly don't think he's that much better than McTominay. If Matic played for you he'd look a million dollars. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

If Matic played for you he'd look a million dollars. 

Ain't gonna happen...he's a donkey!

• Like 2
Just now, wilai said:

Ain't gonna happen...he's a donkey!

Far from a donkey. Won more PL titles than any of your lot.

It was actually a compliment. I was saying in your system with your players and your coach he would be at his best. 

Now Thiago is a different story. On a different planet to Henderson.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Now Thiago is a different story. On a different planet to Henderson.

Thiago is on a different planet to every mid in the league with the possible exception of De Bruyne.

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Thiago is on a different planet to every mid in the league with the possible exception of De Bruyne.

Different type of midfielder but you have to say Fernandes (Bruno not Gelson) is up there. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

Different type of midfielder but you have to say Fernandes (Bruno not Gelson) is up there

Not at the bloody moment he's not.....My FPL team is evidence of that!😬

Just now, wilai said:

Not at the bloody moment he's not.....My FPL team is evidence of that!😬

Nobody was more unlucky than me FPl wise this week....

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'll let the likes of @BangrakBob and @wilai respond to that.

I don't think there is much doubt that he made the difference for them in the title winning year. 

The fall out from his injury will inevitably be more goals against, set piece defending, lack of command, potential for heads to fall off when under pressure and loss of quality in passing forward. All of which can be negated by our attack scoring more goals, and re-strategising defense based on personnel available. 

Missed for sure but not even close to being a one man team, at the end of the day he's a defender and we have strengthened our attack immensely, with Jota, Thiago and Minamino. The media around the injury is absurd and reflection of the media in general, dumbed down, click bait, fake, cheap entertainment. 

My main issue with the injury, is we let Lovren go and didn't replace him, knowing full well Matip is injury prone and Gomez doesn't mind a niggle. We as supporters need to really appreciate that we have a player like Fabinho to slot in and actually excel, though I'd much prefer to see him further up the park. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The media around the injury is absurd and reflection of the media in general, dumbed down, click bait, fake, cheap entertainment. 

As a supporter of a club which has to put up with the most media BS, I'm interested to know why you think it's absurd.

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As a supporter of a club which has to put up with the most media BS, I'm interested to know why you think it's absurd.

So many 2 bit thicko "pundits" with an opinion that is generally given in order to attract attention to themselves or the shiithouse that pays them. A point raised by someone else, in a more eloquent manner. 

Creating hysteria around one man, and we go from likely title winners to no chance of winning anything without him. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

So many 2 bit thicko "pundits" with an opinion that is generally given in order to attract attention to themselves or the shiithouse that pays them. A point raised by someone else, in a more eloquent manner. 

Creating hysteria around one man, and we go from likely title winners to no chance of winning anything without him. 

To be fair it comes with the territory when you are champions... I know it's still all a bit new to you.

Don't know what you expected... A small footnote in the back of the sports section next to the crown green bowls news? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

To be fair it comes with the territory when you are champions... I know it's still all a bit new to you.

Don't know what you expected... A small footnote in the back of the sports section next to the crown green bowls news? 

Bobby is old enough to remember when it was great Scots winning them the league!!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bobby is old enough to remember when it was great Scots winning them the league!!

Things have changed a bit since then media wise.

To digress, how did that Scottish national team not go further at major competitions? Dalgliesh, Souness, Hansen etc....