BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester City thread 2019

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

With Jesus playing well you have five in form, genuine world class players for three positions. I don't think Liverpool can say that.

Different teams and different era, but reminded me of when we could choose between Keane, Scholes, Veron and Butt in central midfield. Or when we could alternate between Yorke + Cole or Sheringham + Solskjaer up front.

Now we rotate a lot because players aren't performing... and people start having a go at Jose because he changes the line up a lot! Everybody asked him to put Fred in the team, and look how that went in midweek! 

Most are having a go because he bought the <deleted> he is having to rotate and change because they are not up to it. That’s the difference. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He is having to rotate and change because they are not up to it

That's what I said.

He bought Fred thinking he would be able to buy a central defender too. As he suggested, there's no point playing an expansive no 8 in front of a patchy defence. He probably did it to shut up the media zombies.

Enjoyed yesterday's game. Thought everton were decent. Like tge english lad up front; always seems to unsettle City. Had Richarlison put his 2 chances away, as he should, would have been a struggle.

Jesus had his best game for a while, 2 excellent goals and led the line well. Enjoyed mahrez good moments and Sane had an excellent game. It wasn't easy to start without our 3 main creators in silva kdb and sterling against a back 5 and packed midfield.

Worrying is teams are focussing on our weakness at LB; luckily Laporte is having a great season (he and vvd best defenders in premier?) and covers most things.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, carmine said:

Although saying that, perhaps they should spunk another 80m on a back up for Jesus?!! 

I know you are probably being bitter and jealous again but I'll respond

"Another" indicates that we have done it before. Which of course, we haven't spent 80m on a player before

"Spunked" where I come from means you have wasted or thrown away. I'm not denying that we have wasted some money on the odd player i.e. Mangala but almost every player that has played under Pep has improved their value way above what the normal market increase is. Therefore, you may say spunked but I think I'll stick with invested  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know you are probably being bitter and jealous again but I'll respond

"Another" indicates that we have done it before. Which of course, we haven't spent 80m on a player before

"Spunked" where I come from means you have wasted or thrown away. I'm not denying that we have wasted some money on the odd player i.e. Mangala but almost every player that has played under Pep has improved their value way above what the normal market increase is. Therefore, you may say spunked but I think I'll stick with invested  

You don't do irony do you!!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

You don't do irony do you!!!

Of course I do but nothing in your post suggested you were trying to be humorous. It was merely another dig at City post full of the usual exaggeration 

• Like 1

No mention of the City versus spurs under 23's result 🙄 strange as one poster has mentioned a Spurs under 23's result in the past.

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

Nice draw !!:clap2:

Yeah, Schalke aren't doing too good in the Bundesliga. Would sooner have them than Bayern or Dortmund

• Like 1

Bladdy Thailand timezones. Flew in to Thailand Monday and stayed up all night last night to watch the match. Watched the first half and fell nodded at half time 🤨

So I can only comment on the first half. Pretty much controlled that but didn't capitalize on other chances. It was also was good see several of the youngsters starting (Muric, Garcia, Foden and Diaz) and some match time for the returning injured (Aguero, KdB). KdB's goal was a beauty and we've missed him. Hopefully the end of his injuries for this season at least

• Like 2

Bloody heck. Too many negatives to review. I will say that Fernandinho will always be missed. Palace were so disciplined defensively, and the type of game that D. Silva is mightily needed.

Well, if City were going to lose a game against such opposition there's a bit of a script, going something like, make sure to make the most of your three chances, as in score on them, a 30 yard unstoppable screamer, get awarded an iffy penalty down to needless stupid defending and sit back and soak it up.

Combination of they took all their limited chances on the back of it wasn't City's day. I don't write any more into that.

Perhaps Silva and KDB should have come on earlier?

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1