The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The more interesting part you left out there BB....expecting an FA ban on signing players due to the same thing Chelsea have been found guilty of was the comment.

Is this an ongoing investigation?

Didn't leave anything out as only UEFA news been reported recently.

As for the part you refer to, i don't really know as nothing has been reported on that of late.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Didn't leave anything out as only UEFA news been reported recently.

As for the part you refer to, i don't really know as nothing has been reported on that of late.

It seemed vague....have the FA begun an investigation or is it just speculation by the BBC reporter?

Anyone know?

Edit: It was mentioned further down the article...unrelated really I know.

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, Bkkjimbo said:

Once the UEFA ban is given the FA will step in and impose something on sheity that will damage them domestically for the forthcoming season.

Unfortunately the FA are toothless deadshits so the doping will not effect them in the league. 

It's a few years since we have been home to Manchester and have to advise it keeps getting better every time we go. Plenty of construction work gone on in the city centre since the last visit and loads of construction sites currently. Lots more trendy places and the whole vibe is more and more a trendy place while still retaining that northern friendliness the south and other areas lack.

In a six-team mini-league of the most successful sides of the last 10 years, City sit top with 812 points amassed from 380 games – an average of 81.2 points per campaign.

Next are Manchester United with 759 points and just behind the Reds are Chelsea with 750.

North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are fourth and fifth respectively, with the Gunners on 719 and Spurs on 710.

Liverpool are currently in sixth with 688 points from 380 games, some 124 adrift of the Blues since 2009/10.

The Blues have won 247 of those 380 games played since August 2009, drawing 71 and losing just 62 matches.

And 829 goals have been scored by our players, with 346 conceded – a goal difference of 483 – not too shabby!

Our top goal-scorer in that period won’t be a huge surprise with Sergio Aguero’s 164 strikes comfortably out in front.

City’s four Premier League titles in the last 10 years is one more than Chelsea and two more than United.

• Like 1

A massacre of Watford in the FA Cup final to end things. Domestic treble in hand. Lovely football.

Looking forward to seeing next season's squad. I hope Vinnie sticks around. 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:11 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

It's a few years since we have been home to Manchester and have to advise it keeps getting better every time we go. Plenty of construction work gone on in the city centre since the last visit and loads of construction sites currently. Lots more trendy places and the whole vibe is more and more a trendy place while still retaining that northern friendliness the south and other areas lack.

Much of the new builds are being financed from China. I think some of the surrounding towns resent all the attention and money that Manchester gets; and they conversely don't. There has always been ill-feeling in the boroughs just about the name Greater Manchester. There is no "Greater" Birmingham or Leeds or Glasgow or Liverpool, etc.

Could well apply that logic to the football teams outside the city in Greater Manchester, none of which are exactly booming. They feed on crumbs while the masters feast.

5 hours ago, champers said:

Much of the new builds are being financed from China. I think some of the surrounding towns resent all the attention and money that Manchester gets; and they conversely don't. There has always been ill-feeling in the boroughs just about the name Greater Manchester. There is no "Greater" Birmingham or Leeds or Glasgow or Liverpool, etc.

Could well apply that logic to the football teams outside the city in Greater Manchester, none of which are exactly booming. They feed on crumbs while the masters feast.

1. Which surrounding towns are you referring to? I read the MEN and my folks live in Stockport  but i haven't come across "some of the surrounding towns resent all the attention and money that Manchester gets". Be Bolton would it?

2. It's about time you got used to the 1974 county council reforms which created Greater Manchester (love that name) and moved Bolton out of lancashire.

3. There are many clubs outside of Greater Manchester, which are you referring to?

A very curious post.

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The FA Cup final 6-0???? and know one cares or is surprised, this is not football

Give over Bob. This isn't like your normal self. It's not City's fault that all the other big clubs got knocked out and left Watford to get to the final. It could have been another banana skin but City went out there and played a very professional game and were ruthless. Being ruthless was always an issue with us in which we didn't know how to kill a game off. I'm glad we now have that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, following all this nonsense about City not getting coverage and nobody caring. I thought I'd do a quick dip check of some of the sports pages to see what stories they are covering. The first 4 main sites I clicked on all had a similar theme and I would assume the rest are similar. Yep. No coverage and nobody cares!!! Don't believe me. Look at the below or visit their sites

BBC.JPG

Skysports.JPGSundayMirror.JPGTelegraph.JPG

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Which surrounding towns are you referring to? I read the MEN and my folks live in Stockport  but i haven't come across "some of the surrounding towns resent all the attention and money that Manchester gets". Be Bolton would it?

2. It's about time you got used to the 1974 county council reforms which created Greater Manchester (love that name) and moved Bolton out of lancashire.

3. There are many clubs outside of Greater Manchester, which are you referring to?

A very curious post.

3. I am referring to clubs outside of Manchester, but in Greater Manchester. Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan and Oldham. Well done Salford and Stockport on their promotions; Bury too, though they are deep in financial trouble.

1. When I was working I would occasionally meet with all the boroughs making up GM. There is a resentment that Manchester take the lead and presume all others will sing to their tune.

Personally, I love the city of Manchester; I was there last year for the bombing anniversary commemorations. I am visiting in July and will pay another visit.

Bolton is poor by comparison; a dump in many parts; but it is home and does have some redeeming features.

2. Perhaps the area should have been named differently, maybe SELNEC like the old busses. ????

Recently I was chatting to an older chap in a pub in Patts and he told me he was from Cheshire. "Wherabouts?" I asked. Stalybridge. Must say I had practically forgotten it had been in Cheshire. He hadn't and I will never forget I am from Lancashire (not lancashire).

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

3. I am referring to clubs outside of Manchester, but in Greater Manchester. Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan and Oldham. Well done Salford and Stockport on their promotions; Bury too, though they are deep in financial trouble.

1. When I was working I would occasionally meet with all the boroughs making up GM. There is a resentment that Manchester take the lead and presume all others will sing to their tune.

Personally, I love the city of Manchester; I was there last year for the bombing anniversary commemorations. I am visiting in July and will pay another visit.

Bolton is poor by comparison; a dump in many parts; but it is home and does have some redeeming features.

2. Perhaps the area should have been named differently, maybe SELNEC like the old busses. ????

Recently I was chatting to an older chap in a pub in Patts and he told me he was from Cheshire. "Wherabouts?" I asked. Stalybridge. Must say I had practically forgotten it had been in Cheshire. He hadn't and I will never forget I am from Lancashire (not lancashire).

The clubs you refer to outside of the city of Manchester have lived in the shadow of City and ManU for over a 100 years apart from the occasional period in each clubs life. Why? Because City and ManU could draw support from a larger fan base, equalled more income, equalled more success on the pitch. Bigger clubs have always been wealthier and more successful in all areas of England, so nothing new there.

You've got to get over it man, this is 2019 not 1919. It's been Greater Manchester for 45 years. Personally i love the term Greater Manchester and just regret it's not written GREATER Manchester.

And Manchester has been the leader of most of the areas close to Manchester (Stockport..Bury..Rochdale..Oldham) for a long time; maybe not Bolton and Wigan which personally i feel i have no relationship to unlike the Mancunian places i mentioned in brackets.

And yes WE ALL consider we are historically part of Lancashire, which is why City's fans recently voted for the red rose on our redesigned badge and we all follow Lancashire cricket club.

I haven't been to Bolton for some years but i doubt it's  any different to Stockport etc.

59 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You don’t see them in the tabloids either, but you will see them in the local papers supporting local community projects, which as you know is the point I’m making. 

What you don't see is them Parading around with their shirt off after a dismal season expecting adulation because they crave attention of some kind. That is one reason why City are streets ahead of United at present. 

They don’t need the likes of Pogba who believe they are above the rest of the side, and Guardiola has built a team where they know the boundaries or ship out. 

Totally agree. City made the decision to move on difficult characters like Mancini, Tevez, Balotelli, etc., and take a 'holistic approach' (which we got ridiculed for at the time) by recruiting Pellegrini. Can't be many times in recent seasons where you've seen City players making the front pages for the wrong reason (bar Sterling in certain newspapers but he seems to have won that little PR war).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The clubs you refer to outside of the city of Manchester have lived in the shadow of City and ManU for over a 100 years apart from the occasional period in each clubs life. Why? Because City and ManU could draw support from a larger fan base, equalled more income, equalled more success on the pitch. Bigger clubs have always been wealthier and more successful in all areas of England, so nothing new there.

You've got to get over it man, this is 2019 not 1919. It's been Greater Manchester for 45 years. Personally i love the term Greater Manchester and just regret it's not written GREATER Manchester.

And Manchester has been the leader of most of the areas close to Manchester (Stockport..Bury..Rochdale..Oldham) for a long time; maybe not Bolton and Wigan which personally i feel i have no relationship to unlike the Mancunian places i mentioned in brackets.

And yes WE ALL consider we are historically part of Lancashire, which is why City's fans recently voted for the red rose on our redesigned badge and we all follow Lancashire cricket club.

I haven't been to Bolton for some years but i doubt it's  any different to Stockport etc.

I like Stockport and their CAMRA pub map. 13 pubs to do in the town centre, IIRC. It is easier to find a fight than a good beer in Bolton town centre.

Have you contributed to the BWFC food bank yet? The shame of it!!

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

You don’t see them in the tabloids either, but you will see them in the local papers supporting local community projects

Well said Kadilo. A for instance is Vinny Kompany having a testimonial and he is giving all of the proceeds to charity i.e. the homeless of Manchester. Maybe a few bob might go to the Bolton food bank

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well said Kadilo. A for instance is Vinny Kompany having a testimonial and he is giving all of the proceeds to charity i.e. the homeless of Manchester. Maybe a few bob might go to the Bolton food bank

Everton players have donated a weeks wages.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, champers said:

Everton players have donated a weeks wages.

That's very kind of them. Don't know the average Everton salary but that should see them get lots of food. I don't want to sound harsh but I think there are hundred's of more worthy causes that need money more desperately than Bolton staff. Bolton community should be the first to be donating and that includes the council. City have quite strict policies on donations and in the main most goes to East Manchester