The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I also watched City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak's interview. Every year I see his end of season review interview I am very impressed and he always leaves me very confident we are in great hands. Some very interesting points he made in the interview and it's well worth a watch. He clearly feels that there are foreign clubs in particular, and some local clubs, with an agenda against City. He's either right or as paranoid as all us City fans!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I also watched City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak's interview. Every year I see his end of season review interview I am very impressed and he always leaves me very confident we are in great hands.

I'm sure he covered all the prevalent issues... such as four ongoing investigations into financial doping. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I would have thought De Ligt makes perfect sense for City, with Kompany on his way. But then I guess Laporte and Stones will probably be first choice next season....

We will need to replace Kompany, who has left already (he's not even on the team photo with the four trophies), and i believe Otamendi too who is supposed to be off to Spain. So i would expect we will buy someone aged less than 24 and promote someone like Garcia or Sandler. Could be Angel De Ligt we buy.

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how we were told on here that Trippier was better than Walker. And yet, Trippier dropped by Southgate and Walker in. ????

I've come to the conclusion that both of them were overrated!! Walker drives me nuts with some of his loose passes and giving up possession. And he can't cross for beans. And, his fuse is a bit short.

But he's better than many other right backs.:biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how we were told on here that Trippier was better than Walker. And yet, Trippier dropped by Southgate and Walker in. ????

OK mrboj only £40m for Tripps....rock and a hard place eh?

Seems City aren't happy with the way the UEFA investigation has been carried out and aren't gonna wait for the official findings/report

Manchester City have asked the Court of Arbitration for Sport to throw out the financial fair play case that has been brought against them by UEFA.

The surprise move represents a pre-emptive strike - as the FFP case has not yet even been heard by the relevant body at UEFA, the adjudicatory chamber of its Club Financial Control Board.

Last month, the head of the CFCB's investigatory arm Yves Leterme decided the Premier League champions do have a case to answer and it is understood that he has recommended they be banned from European club competition for at least a season.

There was never any doubt that City would have appealed against any such sanction at CAS - but the club have now decided they are not going to wait.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11736267/manchester-city-file-appeal-with-the-court-of-arbitration-for-sport

On 6/2/2019 at 4:24 PM, champers said:

I see Micah Richards has been released by Villa. Just 31 appearances in 4 years and none since 2016. He is only 30 so that is his best years down the pan. What went wrong with him?

Longterm injuries with a dodgy knee miniscus (spelling?). Sadly reported that he's about to retire at 30 due to injury.

It was often reported through the season's title race that City and Liverpool had swapped 1st and 2nd positions a record number of times (+30 times). While true on a chronological basis (due to games no longer being played just on a Saturday and Wednesday like in the past but now on most days of the week - bloody tv companies!), it wasn't true on a round-by-round basis, as the 2 clubs shared 1st and 2nd from round 6 onwards but really only swapped positions 3 times over those 32 games.

City had a 2 point lead (the

maximum we had all season), for 5 games pre-Christmas. Liverpool lost a maximum 7 point lead (which would have been a 10 point lead and curtains had they won at the Etihad in January. Thank you John Stones for the nutmeg clearance on Salah!) during the 13 game period as leaders. City took and held a one point lead for the last 9 games of the season.

More of the same next season please.

Premier League 2018-19 - Points race.jpg

Premier League 2018-19 - position.jpg

City vs Liverpool - points difference.jpg

14 year old striker Daniel Ogwuru has been signed from Bolton for an initial fee of £100,000. With add-ons and if the lad makes the first team, Bolton could receive a 7 figure sum.

Vultures.????

7 hours ago, champers said:

14 year old striker Daniel Ogwuru has been signed from Bolton for an initial fee of £100,000. With add-ons and if the lad makes the first team, Bolton could receive a 7 figure sum.

Vultures.????

Just trying to help you out. £100k and more will go a long way to paying those overdue wages won't it?

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Just trying to help you out. £100k and more will go a long way to paying those overdue wages won't it?

As I understand it, City could have had him for nothing, so fair play to them for stumping up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know valuations can be subjective but it's a good indicator of how well our investments have done.

Manchester United squad worth £300m less than Man City and Liverpool FC

Data suggests Manchester City's squad has a market value of £1.05bn - the highest in the world.

Manchester City have assembled the most expensive squad in the world by market value, according to new data released ahead of the new Premier League season.

A report by ESPN fuelled by data provided by Transfermarkt suggests the City squad has a market value of £1.05bn - the highest in the world.

Raheem Sterling (£126m), Kevin De Bruyne (£117m), Leroy Sane (£90m) Bernardo Silva (£90m) and Aymeric Laporte (£67.5m) all add significant contributions to the total.

Manchester City's 26-strong squad therefore has a mean value of around £40.5m.

Their value puts them a little ahead of second-placed Liverpool (£1.0bn) and third-placed Barcelona (£959m) - and miles ahead of ninth-placed Manchester United (£706m).

In order of their respective squad values, the Reds are behind Chelsea (£862m), Atletico Madrid (£841m), Paris Saint-Germain (£830m), Spurs (£793m) and Real Madrid (£785m).

Manchester United's most value players are Paul Pogba (£90m), Marcus Rashford (£72m), Romelu Lukaku (67.5m), David de Gea (£58.5m) and Anthony Martial (£54m), Transfermarkt reports.

Three of the quintet - Pogba, Lukaku and de Gea - have all been linked with summer transfer away from Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-squad-worth-300m-16482377

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

<snip.<snip>

In order of their respective squad values, the Reds are behind Chelsea (£862m), Atletico Madrid (£841m), Paris Saint-Germain (£830m), Spurs (£793m) and Real Madrid (£785m).

Manchester United's most value players are Paul Pogba (£90m), Marcus Rashford (£72m), Romelu Lukaku (67.5m), David de Gea (£58.5m) and Anthony Martial (£54m), Transfermarkt reports.

Three of the quintet - Pogba, Lukaku and de Gea - have all been linked with summer transfer away from Old Trafford.

Lukaku 67-5 million!!?? Someones been on the Lao khow. And Martial at 54 million? Who is going to pay that sort of dosh for someone that needs to be at AA; along with Pogba.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Lukaku 67-5 million!!?? Someones been on the Lao khow. And Martial at 54 million? Who is going to pay that sort of dosh for someone that needs to be at AA; along with Pogba.

Suppose if they get sold, we'll see how far off the mark Transfermarkt are

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Suppose if they get sold, we'll see how far off the mark Transfermarkt are

If City were in need of a striker, I wouldn't want either, Laluku or Martial, coming to us, at half the prices quoted; a third even.

Edited by owl sees all

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We knew the day would come. David Silva has confirmed he will leave at the end of his current contract next season. He will only join Las Palmas if they get promoted. If not it looks like he may retire

Looks like Spanish Dave is on target. He wasn't quite his usual awe inspiring self this past season. Even so still a great asset. It'll be nice that the fans have an entire season to show their gratitude for a job well done.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, mrbojangles said:

I know valuations can be subjective but it's a good indicator of how well our investments have done.

Manchester United squad worth £300m less than Man City and Liverpool FC

Data suggests Manchester City's squad has a market value of £1.05bn - the highest in the world.

Manchester City have assembled the most expensive squad in the world by market value, according to new data released ahead of the new Premier League season.

A report by ESPN fuelled by data provided by Transfermarkt suggests the City squad has a market value of £1.05bn - the highest in the world.

Raheem Sterling (£126m), Kevin De Bruyne (£117m), Leroy Sane (£90m) Bernardo Silva (£90m) and Aymeric Laporte (£67.5m) all add significant contributions to the total.

Manchester City's 26-strong squad therefore has a mean value of around £40.5m.

Their value puts them a little ahead of second-placed Liverpool (£1.0bn) and third-placed Barcelona (£959m) - and miles ahead of ninth-placed Manchester United (£706m).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-squad-worth-300m-16482377

Completely subjective. Some boffin behind a computer has decided Rashford is worth 72 million, and you are going to take their word for it.

While I know from working in that industry, that Transermarkt is pretty well respected, essentially it is still operating a man-made algorithm.

Comon lads.... let's start questioning what the media is feeding us a bit more. 

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Completely subjective. Some boffin behind a computer has decided Rashford is worth 72 million, and you are going to take their word for it.

No I haven't taken their word for it. I started by saying it's subjective and only an indicator.

How's about you tell us how much Rashford is worth and when he's sold we'll see who was the nearest