BANGKOK 16 February 2019 20:00
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester City thread 2019

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Those domestic cups are completely devalued in the modern era. I can't remember the last time I watched a final, and you would never miss it no mater who was playing in bygone times.

One of my greatest memories as a kid was my dad taking me to the 1981 Milk Cup final. If you asked me the same question in 1989 I'd give you a completely different answer.

Europa League = getting dragged to the four corners of Europe, injuries, fatigue, dropped points in the league and playing against those that aren't good enough. I'd rather not. 

That may be so, but you can't replace the value of knowing what it takes to get to a final and win something.

We may have derided your 'Mickey Mouse treble' in 2001, but how many of those players went on to win in 2005? Not Googled but I'm sure there were a few who benefitted immeasurably from that experience.

31 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Those domestic cups are completely devalued in the modern era. I can't remember the last time I watched a final, and you would never miss it no mater who was playing in bygone times.

One of my greatest memories as a kid was my dad taking me to the 1981 Milk Cup final. If you asked me the same question in 1989 I'd give you a completely different answer.

Europa League = getting dragged to the four corners of Europe, injuries, fatigue, dropped points in the league and playing against those that aren't good enough. I'd rather not. 

I bet ol' BBob likes him a CUP a Joe of a morning though. 😁 

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So you'd turn your nose up to liverpool winning the FA or League Cup or Europa Cup. I'm not having that.

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Absolutely correct and the europa was further devalued by allowing a drop out from the CL to be included which is just wrong.  

Nowadays it's all about the premier league, the CL and making sure you qualify for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

I bet ol' BBob likes him a CUP a Joe of a morning though. 😁 

freshly ground, none of the drip shiiiite

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

freshly ground, none of the drip shiiiite

Your a nescafe instant man all

Day long.