The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

City went 1-0 down after ANgelino handled in the box

Then 1-1 with a triffic goal from David Silva.

Now it's 2-1 to City after a pen scored by Nmecha

How has he not give that second pen for us, stonewall....and then have that soft one for you?

Great finish by Silva. 

Wide open game. 

Edited by Kadilo

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

How has he not give that second pen for us, stonewall....and then have that soft one for you?

Great finish by Silva. 

Wide open game. 

Yeah you should have had a second pen.

What do you think about your line up? Happy he's giving lots of our youngsters a run out and some are playing some lovely stuff

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah you should have had a second pen.

What do you think about your line up? Happy he's giving lots of our youngsters a run out and some are playing some lovely stuff

He’s put a decent line up out first half , stronger than i expected. I’m interested to see how Yarmalenko looks after his time out. 

I see your big guns are out now second half, could be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He’s put a decent line up out first half , stronger than i expected. I’m interested to see how Yarmalenko looks after his time out. 

I see your big guns are out now second half, could be interesting. 

Think the City players only arrived in China yesterday and then had to fly to the stadium today, so I can't see energy levels being too high

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

By the end of the game it had grown on me ????

I was in Central yesterday and saw the home kit for the first time - very nice. They were on a rack with 4 Spurs shirts in front of 4 City shirts. I rearranged it so the City shirts were at the front. The shop assistant gave me a knowing nod.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was in Central yesterday and saw the home kit for the first time - very nice. They were on a rack with 4 Spurs shirts in front of 4 City shirts. I rearranged it so the City shirts were at the front. The shop assistant gave me a knowing nod.

I'll be over there in a couple of weeks. Might pop in and have a look see

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'll be over there in a couple of weeks. Might pop in and have a look see

We did the Etihad Tour and were in the City shop (starting point for the tour) the day after we RETAINED the Premier. The upstairs was closed for refurb but its all now open and apparently improved. The wife and kids got last season's maroon shirt there.

The Etihad tour is brilliant and well worth your time and money.

Also check out The Classic  Football Shirts shop at the Deansgate entrance to Barton Arcade near St Annes Sq.

If you go to the Football Museum and you take proof of local address its either free or discounted entrance (don't  remember  which)...used to be free to all.

Mirror says that Bayern propose using David Alaba as a makeweight in their bid for Sane. He is a class act and possibly the best left back in Europe, so seems strange that Bayern would be prepared to let him go. They must be super keen on getting Sane.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Mirror says that Bayern propose using David Alaba as a makeweight in their bid for Sane. He is a class act and possibly the best left back in Europe, so seems strange that Bayern would be prepared to let him go. They must be super keen on getting Sane.

What's Sane's situation with Germany at the minute? If he is still out of the picture, it could be a reason to go to Bayern and impress. 

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's Sane's situation with Germany at the minute? If he is still out of the picture, it could be a reason to go to Bayern and impress. 

I think after he was left out of the 2018 WC squad he came back into favour after the tournament. Maybe he has not really settled in England. Pep seemed to have issues with him last season. I think he is top drawer. Only 23 and should get better. Alaba is 27.

31 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Starting to look more and more like Sane could leave for Bayern.:huh:

As Sane's agent I've been telling him all summer if he wants CL glory he'll have to move to a bigger thinking club like Bayern or Tottenham.

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

As Sane's agent I've been telling him all summer if he wants CL glory he'll have to move to a bigger thinking club like Bayern or Tottenham.

Ronnie the agent, or as he is often referred to, "Mr. .0002%".:)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Starting to look more and more like Sane could leave for Bayern.:huh:

Sane's a great player but if he can't flat out commit to City and it's starting to unsettle other players then we should let him go. For many extremely big buckets of cash, of very high denomination notes of course. Make the Germans pay ludicrous money for a change

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Ronnie an agent !! He couldn't manage a plate of chips. He kept on letting them go on a free transfer.....to me ????

Nah he's heard the pinnacle of your ambition is winning the Premiership and he wants European glory.

Actually maybe the real truth involves the dreich weather and his wife moaning.

Sane is brilliant one game and not the next. He needs to watch Bernardo and Sterling and learn about consistency and never performing below a 7/10. He's best off the bench as a impact sub. But maybe he'll learn in time.

See his other half is a +30 yank; she'll probably want him to go to Paris, Milan or Madrid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Sane's a great player but if he can't flat out commit to City and it's starting to unsettle other players then we should let him go. For many extremely big buckets of cash, of very high denomination notes of course. Make the Germans pay ludicrous money for a change

Indeed, if Sane is set on Germany then bon voyage and good luck. A pity, but that's football.