The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 7/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, mrbojangles said:

Sane's a great player but if he can't flat out commit to City and it's starting to unsettle other players then we should let him go. For many extremely big buckets of cash, of very high denomination notes of course. Make the Germans pay ludicrous money for a change

Maybe your idea of what constitutes a 'great' player are different to mine.

IMO Sane is a good player; sometimes exceptional, but often average. International level at best for now. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Maybe your idea of what constitutes a 'great' player are different to mine.

IMO Sane is a good player; sometimes exceptional, but often average. International level at best for now. 

It's all to do with opinion's OSA. I like Sane but as you say at times he can be average at times for a prem league footballer but a great player if you compare against a lower league player. Depends on where your datum starting point is. You don't win the Young player of the year for nothing. The more this Bayern talk goes on with him staying silent and non comital, the more I'm inclined to let him go.  

• Like 1

"CHELSEA FOOTBALL Club has permanently banned a fan for hurling racial abuse at Raheem Sterling during their home match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge last season.

After months of investigating and an independent police investigation, the club have confirmed six people have been sanctioned, one receiving a permanent ban.

The club concluded that despite the Crown Prosecution Service finding no criminal offence caused, with the assistance of two lip readers, they were able to decipher the racially abusive words used by the fans and deemed them inconsistent with ticketing terms and conditions."

Seems Colin Wing didn't call Raheem "a Manc c**t" as he'd pleaded. No prizes for guessing what he did call him. 

Well done to Chelsea for establishing the facts and taking action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"CHELSEA FOOTBALL Club has permanently banned a fan for hurling racial abuse at Raheem Sterling during their home match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge last season.

After months of investigating and an independent police investigation, the club have confirmed six people have been sanctioned, one receiving a permanent ban.

The club concluded that despite the Crown Prosecution Service finding no criminal offence caused, with the assistance of two lip readers, they were able to decipher the racially abusive words used by the fans and deemed them inconsistent with ticketing terms and conditions."

Seems Colin Wing didn't call Raheem "a Manc c**t" as he'd pleaded. No prizes for guessing what he did call him. 

Well done to Chelsea for establishing the facts and taking action.

Finally we agree on something!

Yes lifetime ban and well deserved.

• Like 1

Not a lover of individual awards in a team game, but how was Bernardo not nominated!!! He and dick van dike were surely the best 2 players in the UK last season. How were Salah and particularly Kane nominated - can't believe Kane had a better season than Aguero and/or Sterling. Very very fishy but what we expect from the footballing establishment!

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-fans-cant-believe-silva-has-been-left-out-of-the-fifa-best-awards-20190731

Edited by wilai
profanity amended
  • Like 1

The Mail has picked a combined City n Liverpool team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7310853/Who-makes-combined-XI-Manchester-City-face-Liverpool-Community-Shield.html

As a City fan I'd like to see Bernardo in it and I never like Sterling on the left. 

Mane has been picked and Salah hasn't been. 

Bravo has trimmed that beard on his return from Asia. Agree that he has been really excellent this pre-season and even more impressive considering he was out all last season with a ruptured achilles tendon. If he started vs WHU I'd be ok with that, he's been that good.

That was a game of two halves wasn't it; first half we were all over them, 2nd half we were hanging on. And looking at the 2 benches I'm not having Bob's repeated argument about our bench being better; thought theirs was better yesterday if anything. 

Absolutely loved our kit yesterday; kept expecting Mike Doyle or Willie Donachie to appear. No sponsorship on the front. 125 years celebration shirt. Brilliant job Puma!

images (8).jpeg

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

FB_IMG_1564992282091.jpg

So so cringeworthy.... one team with dubious financial practices, where Spanish is spoken in the corridors of the training ground... and another which is one of the great British clubs, but struggles to field a good English player.

Is this really the City-Liverpool revolution which we should all enjoy watching?

I can think of an English club which is quietly snapping up young English talent, while bringing through youngsters of its own. Now that is a future revolution to get excited about, that can restore the Premier League to greatness. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

So so cringeworthy.... one team with dubious financial practices, where Spanish is spoken in the corridors of the training ground... and another which is one of the great British clubs, but struggles to field a good English player.

Is this really the City-Liverpool revolution which we should all enjoy watching?

I can think of an English club which is quietly snapping up young English talent, while bringing through youngsters of its own. Now that is a future revolution to get excited about, that can restore the Premier League to greatness. 

Your bitterness at not being at the top anymore is cringeworthy.

TBH. If you don't like the football both City and Liverpool are playing at the moment, it's no wonder your so bitter

As for quietly snapping up English talent. Purleeeeeese, give over

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH. If you don't like the football both City and Liverpool are playing at the moment, it's no wonder your so bitter

I like watching the football they play, but isn't it time we thought about how the Premier League is perceived around the world?

The team which made the Premier League what it is today had British talent running through it, and I think that connected with the fans more. I'm just happy to support a club with clear principles on youth development and the desire to create an English spine to the team. It isn't always the shortest road to success (see Fergie 1986-1990), but in the long term it can create a dynasty, rather than 2-3 year spurts. 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He was talking about us surely?

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Take it you've not watched the documentary on your on team then? Unbelievable amount of

Spanish being spoken 

There are more native Spanish speakers in the world than English speakers. All clubs have to adhere to the same amount of foreigners, youth, homegrown etc so what's the problem? Spanish is probably spoken quite a lot in more changing rooms than you might think 

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm just happy to support a club with clear principles on youth development and the desire to create an English spine to the team. It isn't always the shortest road to success (see Fergie 1986-1990), but in the long term it can create a dynasty, rather than 2-3 year spurts. 

You can't live off the class of 92 forever you know and I doubt very much that it will happen again. That era is long gone and although I haven't done a count, you probably have as many foreigners in your club as the average premier league club does

On 8/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, RickG16 said:

Take it you've not watched the documentary on your on team then? Unbelievable amount of

Spanish being spoken 

Comedy fan with comedy comments to boot. Chelsea have the home grown this year but to suggest united have home grown is like saying your in the running for the top 4 this year. Ridiculous rickee 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:12 AM, mrbojangles said:

That bit intrigued me, so I did a quick Google. Last years figures:-

https://www.90min.com/posts/6145762-revealed-what-proportion-of-every-premier-league-squad-in-2018-19-is-english

The average amount of English players in the Prem last year was 33% of the 565 named players. United only have 26% English homegrown players which is well below the average and 13th worst. City (who you think don't conform) have 24%. That's just 2% difference between the 2 clubs.

Liverpool (who you don't hear spouting off all the time about having a spine of English players) have 34% and sit at number 8. Bouremouth where 1st with 64%

So, now the facts are on the table showing United have absolutely nothing to gloat about, are United fans finally going to realise what we have all known or are they going to carry on living the memory of the Class of 92?

Clue is in the name of the study Mr BJ.... Premier League SQUADS. Most squads are vast and well over 22 players, and I think we know the ones who don't play much are usually young English under-23 players.

I am talking about genuine opportunities in the first team, which we are making room for.

Liverpool have TAA, Gomez, and two plodders in Henderson and Milner.... The spine.. and the most exciting players in the team, are not English. Things are starting to look very different at United....

On 8/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, mrbojangles said:

There are more native Spanish speakers in the world than English speakers. All clubs have to adhere to the same amount of foreigners, youth, homegrown etc so what's the problem? Spanish is probably spoken quite a lot in more changing rooms than you might think 

The changing room among groups of Spanish players no problem. But spoken freely as the language of choice among the coaches, like we saw in the documentary.... sorry, there is something mot quite right about that.

City are a very good team... but a club which has lost its soul.

In footballing terms you are a Barcelona transplant. You could make comparisons with Barca using principles taking from Ajax, but I bet you Johan Cruyff wasn't speaking to his staff in Dutch. 

I've worked out the EPL finishing positions for the coming season and it's City to get the hat-trick. Utd are set to finish 9th.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1