The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Goal fest at Anfield for the kids. City EDS in the Premier League 2 had an emphatic 4-1 victory over Liverpool. Goals from Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle, Adrian Bernabe, all of whom played for the first-team on our tour of Asia, and England captain Joel Latibeaudiere back from long term injury.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

<23s v poor so far this year. Already been stuffed by Spurs at home and Chelsea 0-4, 0-3 respectively and beaten by Oldham in the EFL Cup. Bottom of the league as it stands.????

I cannot see the point of U23s. If a player is 22 and not made it to the first team they should be binned off. Have reserve teams, like the good old days. First teams should have just 4 subs. In Italy they have 11, utter barmpotery?

Edited by champers

18 minutes ago, champers said:

I cannot see the point of U23s. If a player is 22 and not made it to the first team they should be binned off. Have reserve teams, like the good old days. First teams should have just 4 subs. In Italy they have 11, utter barmpotery?

Dunno about other teams but most of LFC <23s are aged between 18-21 with a few of highly rated 16/17yr olds as well....possibly one reason why they are struggling at the moment? Can also have 3 >23's plus an overage keeper. Rudiger for instance played for Chelsea against us the other week.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:57 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Goal fest at Anfield for the kids. City EDS in the Premier League 2 had an emphatic 4-1 victory over Liverpool. Goals from Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle, Adrian Bernabe, all of whom played for the first-team on our tour of Asia, and England captain Joel Latibeaudiere back from long term injury.

Bb can you do everyone a favour in that if your going to post your under23's results can you at least post all their results not just the results of the games they win, i for one like to keep track of under 23's games.

For anyone interested here are the results of their previous 3 games :

Sun 11/08/19 PL2 Manchester Cit… 3 - 4 Southampton U23 View events More info
Sat 17/08/19 PL2 Tottenham Hots… 3 - 1 Manchester Cit… View events More info
Sat 24/08/19 PL2 Manchester Cit… 2 - 2 Chelsea U23 View events More info
Sun 01/09/19 PL2 Liverpool U23 1 - 4 Manchester Cit…

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Bb can you do everyone a favour in that if your going to post your under23's results can you at least post all their results not just the results of the games they win, i for one like to keep track of under 23's games.

For anyone interested here are the results of their previous 3 games :

Sun 11/08/19 PL2 Manchester Cit… 3 - 4 Southampton U23 View events More info
Sat 17/08/19 PL2 Tottenham Hots… 3 - 1 Manchester Cit… View events More info
Sat 24/08/19 PL2 Manchester Cit… 2 - 2 Chelsea U23 View events More info
Sun 01/09/19 PL2 Liverpool U23 1 - 4 Manchester Cit…

So will you bb ? there's a good chap ????

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So will you bb ? there's a good chap ????

Obviously i dont need to as you seem to doing a great job of it.

Be a good boy and pop off to the Liverpool thread where Wilai reported a goalfest but didnt post all their results not just the results of the games they win, how naughty of him. For anyone interested you might want to post the results of their previous games as these kind of things are obviosly very important to you.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Obviously i dont need to as you seem to doing a great job of it.

Be a good boy and pop off to the Liverpool thread where Wilai reported a goalfest but didnt post all their results not just the results of the games they win, how naughty of him. For anyone interested you might want to post the results of their previous games as these kind of things are obviosly very important to you.

To be fair, i was not replying to wils post and only commented on your post as you have past history of doing the same thing.

25 maxm permitted, City have confirmed a 22 man squad for the CL group stage including long term injured

Goalkeepers: Bravo, Ederson, Carson

Defenders: Walker, Stones, Zinchenko, Angelino, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo, Otamendi

Midfielders: Sterling, Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Sane, Bernardo, Silva, Fernandinho, Mahrez

Forwards: Jesus, Aguero

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Always best to change the topic when you haven't got a reply ????

Alfie I read your last post and there was nothing to reply to, so guess what: I didn't reply. If you want a reaction, as you appear to with your recent posts, try harder, be more inventive. Good luck!

2019 Premier League table revealed (Form over last 22 games)

# Club (Pts)
1. Man City (61)
2. Liverpool (55)

3. Arsenal (39)

4. Crystal Palace (37)

5. Man Utd (36)

6. Everton (34)

7. Chelsea (34)
8. Leicester (32)
9. West Ham (32)
10. Tottenham (31)
11. Newcastle (31)
12. Wolves (31)
13. Burnley (29)
14. Southampton (28)
15. Bournemouth (23)
16. Watford (23)
17. Cardiff (16)
18. Brighton (15)
19. Fulham (12)
20. Huddersfield (6)

Impressive by Palace. Very impressive by Spurs :clap2:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

2019 Premier League table revealed (Form over last 22 games)

# Club (Pts)
1. Man City (61)
2. Liverpool (55)

3. Arsenal (39)

4. Crystal Palace (37)

5. Man Utd (36)

6. Everton (34)

7. Chelsea (34)
8. Leicester (32)
9. West Ham (32)
10. Tottenham (31)
11. Newcastle (31)
12. Wolves (31)
13. Burnley (29)
14. Southampton (28)
15. Bournemouth (23)
16. Watford (23)
17. Cardiff (16)
18. Brighton (15)
19. Fulham (12)
20. Huddersfield (6)

Impressive by Palace. Very impressive by Spurs :clap2:

It is only impressive by design though isn't it...

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

As you all know. I regularly post the women’s football scores. So here’s yesterday’s. Man City W 1-0 Man United W

Played at the Etihad in front of more than 31,000 which is quite impressive

That is impressive, you've had less for the men's last 16 in the CL. ????

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, mrbojangles said:

As you all know. I regularly post the women’s football scores. So here’s yesterday’s. Man City W 1-0 Man United W

It was won by a cracking goal which reminded me a Neil Young goal. 

Looked a cracking day out at the Etihad for the record 31,213 in attendance (previous WSL record was 5,265 at Brighton's Amex Stadium). Great to see Blues and Reds sitting side-by-side, loads of families in attendance and especially all the young girls watching.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, mrbojangles said:

How much to get in?

33 minutes ago, champers said:

How much to get in?

Adult tickets £7 + 3 free u16s tickets.

So if we usually  get a few thousand for the games at the Etihad campus, some of that 31000 are going to go along and boost the normal crowd attendance. Great to see the Women's  game growing.

Good crowd also at chelsea vs Spurs at 21,000 but i read Chelsea gave away 40,000 free tickets.

Current popularity of women's football is down to media brainwashing  IMO.

About two years ago there seemed to be an agenda to give women football and cricket a lot more coverage in the UK press, which was out of proportion with its popularity compared to the men's game. Because this implied we should care about it, many people now do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As you all know, I'm a keen scholar of the American soccerball game and i thought some of you might like to see how the wacky way they format their league table. "T" by the way means tries.

ED865GeXUAADJ1H.jpeg

What are you on about? It's a normal table. T is for ties. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Current popularity of women's football is down to media brainwashing  IMO.

About two years ago there seemed to be an agenda to give women football and cricket a lot more coverage in the UK press, which was out of proportion with its popularity compared to the men's game. Because this implied we should care about it, many people now do. 

I agree with that.

I'm not the slightest bit interested in women's footy or cricket. Not to say I don't enjoy beach volleyball, athletics, swimming, triathlon and similar.

The one thing that I notice is that they have a lot of goals in the girly game. Could a lady play in the EPL, or is that not possible? The ladies have infiltrated the officials squads.

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I agree with that.

I'm not the slightest bit interested in women's footy or cricket. Not to say I don't enjoy beach volleyball, athletics, swimming, triathlon and similar.

The one thing that I notice is that they have a lot of goals in the girly game. Could a lady play in the EPL, or is that not possible? The ladies have infiltrated the officials squads.

You shock me that you're  not a fellow cricket fan. 

The ladies game reminds me a lot of kids football before it gets cynical, which is why i like to watch both kids and women's football.

In a City vlog i was watching last night, a regular (a male) at our women's games, reckons some of them are good enough to play in a man's league but lower division. Steph Houghton (CB) and Karen Bardsley (goalie) were mentioned.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You shock me that you're  not a fellow cricket fan. 

The ladies game reminds me a lot of kids football before it gets cynical, which is why i like to watch both kids and women's football.

In a City vlog i was watching last night, a regular (a male) at our women's games, reckons some of them are good enough to play in a man's league but lower division. Steph Houghton (CB) and Karen Bardsley (goalie) were mentioned.

I'll take a look BB. 

My daughter was a world champion so I'm all for ladies in sport.