The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I see KdB played a great game last night. Of the 4 goals against Scotland he had an assist in 3 and scored the 4th

Foden also scored 2 in the U21's

I remember the Portugal game in '93 when we got whacked 5-1 I believe....sat and watched it with a broken ankle.

This time around it was a sense of relief at only losing 4 goals.

KDB is outstanding yes.

What is a Foden?....Is it the new range from Skoda?

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Probably a better chance of playing for Citeh than Foden if its Czech!

We don't have any players from Czech

Worry not Ronnie, Foden will be a major part at City in due course. Patience young Padawan, he's still only 19 and let's be honest, he has some very good players to dislodge

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

he's still only 19 

So is Jadon Sancho. A quick check tells me he's made nearly 50 appearances in the Bundesliga and notched 15 goals. And is a major part of England's plans.

Players like Foden look at other players in their age group. They want to play. He will have some big decisions to make in 18-24 months time. If he isn't in the first team he will probably leave. Those are just the facts. If you are serious about young players you need to make room for them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

So is Jadon Sancho. A quick check tells me he's made nearly 50 appearances in the Bundesliga and notched 15 goals. And is a major part of England's plans.

Players like Foden look at other players in their age group. They want to play. He will have some big decisions to make in 18-24 months time. If he isn't in the first team he will probably leave. Those are just the facts. If you are serious about young players you need to make room for them. 

There's nothing in there that I didn't already know Rick. At the moment he is happy to learn from the quality players who are still there. He loves David SIlva and Foden is a life long blue. He knows he will be given opportunities but yeah, if he doesn't see progress, he will have to look elsewhere but I doubt (hope) it will come to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyhippo said:

I'm going to be in Bangkok next weekend when City play Norwich .  Is there a pub where City fans gather to watch the matches?

Cheers  ????

The Oilmens billions might be able to buy nearly anything but unfortunately they can't buy supporters in Bangkok, so that's a no ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Happyhippo said:

I'm going to be in Bangkok next weekend when City play Norwich .  Is there a pub where City fans gather to watch the matches?

Cheers  ????

Ignore Alfies nonsense; he's just a jealous spurs fan who's bitter cause he can't remember what it's like to win a trophy.

City fans used to go to Stumble Inn near Nana. Never been there myself and i don't know if there's still a gathering there. You could check their Facebook page or get in touch with the City Supporters Bkk branch.

But there's loads of pubs in central Bkk showing football. Im sure RonniePickering22 or others will be along to suggest decent pubs to watch football. 

6 hours ago, Happyhippo said:

Cheers  ????

Can't guarantee the rare species known as City fans, but the Sportsman on soi 13 is a good atmosphere for games.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ignore Alfies nonsense; he's just a jealous spurs fan who's bitter cause he can't remember what it's like to win a trophy.

City fans used to go to Stumble Inn near Nana. Never been there myself and i don't know if there's still a gathering there. You could check their Facebook page or get in touch with the City Supporters Bkk branch.

But there's loads of pubs in central Bkk showing football. Im sure RonniePickering22 or others will be along to suggest decent pubs to watch football. 

That's not nonsense, the fact is city fans don't have a meeting point in Bangkok, disgracefull for a big club and as for a city supporters BKK branch, heard they recently held their AGM in a phone box.

• Haha 1

Laporte out for 6 months with knee knack. With Sane out for the season and Mendy trying to regain fitness (played in less than 20% of our games since arriving) also from knee knack, we just need a leftsided midfielder to suffer for a 'fullhouse' of our our first-choice left flank! Gundogan and KdB have also had it. Can feel a trip to the wat coming up.

Going to be interesting to see how we deal with Laporte out; i reckon he, Ederson and Aguero are our most important players (hardest to cover).

Ps. Having medial meniscus problems, untreated and has never felt right since, I'm always pessimistic about players coming back from knee injuries.

Team selection, Pep - <deleted>.

Back 4 plus Gundogan - <deleted>

Why no early substitutes when were struggling 2 goals down - <deleted>.

Otamendi - idiot!

KdB on too late - <deleted>

Bernardo taken off - <deleted>

Mahrez on - <deleted>

Keeping that Back 4 on for the whole game when any could have been replaced and we needed more in midfield / upfront - <deleted>

Norwich - very good.

Looking good for Liverpool already. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue
Deleted word is parc reversed
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

I took a long walk after that ugliness.

Now...

Plenty for Pep to ponder

and

The lengthy loss of Laporte looms large.

Not replacing Kompany, and being left with only 3 CB's 

in the squad seems to be an error exposed by the loss 

of only one player.

City looked like Liverpool did before VVD arrived yesterday 

great going forward, But the back 4 were truly awful.

Otamendi & Stones looked like they never played together

before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Not replacing Kompany, and being left with only 3 CB's 

in the squad seems to be an error exposed by the loss 

of only one player.

City looked like Liverpool did before VVD arrived yesterday 

great going forward, But the back 4 were truly awful.

Otamendi & Stones looked like they never played together

before.

I think that's a very fair summation. Otamendi's lack of pace and the general nervousness of him and Stones rubbed off on Walker and Zinchenko for their worst games in a long time. It was crying out for early and bold substitutions to try to get back in to the game. KdB should have been on before HT. At HT Fernandinho for Otamendi or Stones. Go 3v1 down go 3 at the back. Get the forgotten man Cancelo on for Walker or Zinchenko. The only decent move Pep made yesterday was swapping over ineffective Sterling and Bernardo but then he <deleted> that up by bringing on Mahrez for Bernardo - ridiculous! The only manager I've ever seen brave enough to make very early substitutions was Mourinho - Pep is like Pellegrini in acting too late out of loyalty to the players.

And start with your BEST team and if you get ahead THEN you can take off key players for the next game. Big mistake starting with Gundogan instead of KDB. Gundogan and Silva in midfield = no legs defending. 

The only players that came out of that game who can hold their heads up are Rodri and Aguero, the rest gave 5 or 6/10 performances.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

If we're going to have play Otamendi and Stones regularly with our best defender out (what a loss), then I'd choose the midfield and attack BASED around Rodri AND Fernandinho in central midfield. It'll stop teams waltzing through us on the break like yesterday, protect Otamendi, would dominate midfield and be one more decent header of the ball on the pitch for our achilles heal, corners (too many shorties).

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

more decent header of the ball on the pitch for our achilles heal, corners (too many shorties

Jesus, i knew we're bad at defending corners, but not this bad: "Eight of the last 11 Premier League goals they've conceded have come from set-pieces, with four from corners".

If we're going to persist in zonal marking then stick Rodri as first man not bloody 'can't head a ball' Sterling.

First defeat since January so hopefully it'll act as a kick up the <deleted>.

Wednesday night vs Shaktar i really hope he starts Cancelo for Walker or Zinchenko - he deserves a game. As does Foden, ahead of Pep's favourite Ilkay  'can't run' Gundogan.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

We had our defensive mid and 4th choice defender for most of last season at centre-back. You lads should be able to cope, or maybe not?? Pep always buys enough to cover like for like but Laporte is hard to replace, especially for cheque book Pep. 

reckon the games been pretty well covered .. but I  caught  peps pre match interview.. if i was the norwich manager i'de have used it .. pep was almost dismissive of norwich.. att thought it was ill judged borderline rude . and almost  in reply norwich hardly let a  ball go unchallenged,  have to say that norwich manager,  see the way he handled the crowd post match,,  SHARP cookie.. if poch does the off.. he'd be in my reckoning