The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, I have not been impressed with Angelino. Mendy?! Anybody's guess.

Thought he was excellent, and gave Liverpool the biggest problem with his balls in to the box. But like all our fullbacks in recent times (probably except Sagna and maybe Kolorov) they can't defend the cross from the other wing (Angelino 2nd goal, Walker 3rd goal).

What a cracking game by two top teams going for it; brilliant stuff and I really enjoyed the game but not the result.

Well I thought we were excellent; we took the game to Liverpool (Pep ‘park the bus’? Never), we were the better team in my opinion, on another day maybe it would have gone our way, but we were a bit wasteful with our chances bar Bernardo while Liverpool’s top-class finishing was the difference on the night. Lovren's block on Sterling's shot and the ball spinning away summed up our luck for me.

Think it's fair to say that we missed Ederson as we all expected. Thought Fernandino was excellent. Also Angelino showed he's a talent with the ball. Bernardo had his best game this season for me (he's only decent performance to be honest) - great finish - seems to love playing Liverpool. Rodri and GunDog were decent. I would have hooked KDB - i'm not impressed of late. Have to assume Silva wasn't really match fit by not coming on for the last 10 minutes.

Liverpool with one hand on the trophy, City battling for 2nd now with Chelsea and Leicester, interesting season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What a cracking game by two top teams going for it; brilliant stuff and I really enjoyed the game but not the result.

Well I thought we were excellent; we took the game to Liverpool (Pep ‘park the bus’? Never), we were the better team in my opinion, on another day maybe it would have gone our way, but we were a bit wasteful with our chances bar Bernardo while Liverpool’s top-class finishing was the difference on the night. Lovren's block on Sterling's shot and the ball spinning away summed up our luck for me.

Think it's fair to say that we missed Ederson as we all expected. Thought Fernandino was excellent. Also Angelino showed he's a talent with the ball. Bernardo had his best game this season for me (he's only decent performance to be honest) - great finish - seems to love playing Liverpool. Rodri and GunDog were decent. I would have hooked KDB - i'm not impressed of late. Have to assume Silva wasn't really match fit by not coming on for the last 10 minutes.

Liverpool with one hand on the trophy, City battling for 2nd now with Chelsea and Leicester, interesting season.

You almost seem happy to be handing the title over.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a small club mentality. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Or maybe just facing up to reality which some of the so called big clubs struggle to do. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic game and great advert for the Premiership. Two teams who want to entertain with no intention of settling for nothing less than a win. 
With the weakened defensive  team City had out it was always going to be a big ask with the quality Liverpool had up front. That said you created enough chances to give yourself a chance. Another day Aguero and Sterling   may have done better in front of goal and enough said about VAR. 

On the day Liverpool were clinical and the best team won. 
Second place is still very much yours I think. 
Wouldnt rule out City and Liverpool swapping prizes this year............you heard it here first ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a small club mentality

Don't be so <deleted> stupid Rick, I'm in bits today. But I'm a realist, and we're having an up and down season while everything keeps going right for liverpool. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nobody is handing nothing to anybody. If Liverpool want this title they will have to fight till the end for it. Pep wouldn't settle for anything less 

47 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Teams have thrown away a 9 point lead before. No time to be happily waving the white flag. 

Be honest Rick, do liverpool look like they're going to throw away a 9 point lead? And there's no happiness with the result or league table but im VERY happy with our performance.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't be so <deleted> stupid Rick, I'm in bits today. But I'm a realist, and we're having an up and down season while everything keeps going right for liverpool. 

I've followed enough title races closely to know it doesn't take much for there to be a shift in momentum. 

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've followed enough title races closely to know it doesn't take much for there to be a shift in momentum. 

I agree. If Liverpool lose VVD, one of the forwards, and a couple of others maybe so but everything keeps following in to place for them. It's also hard to see anyone but City beating them (and we lost), but maybe they could draw a bunch like last season which was their downfall. Maybe the amount of fixtures will give them grief. No one is saying it's over but come on Rick they are in an amazing position and they're playing well.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's also hard to see anyone but City beating them (and we lost), 

I saw them come pretty close to losing a couple of weeks ago. If a terrible mid-table side tipped for relegation can nearly do it, no reason they can't lose a couple of games soon.

Sterling dropped by England for having an altercation with Joe Gomez. Decision supported by his team mates so was probably quite serious. Apparently he has apologised so hopefully the end of it.

He did look like boiling over on Sunday to be honest as have never seen him that stroppy before. Looked like the crowd really got to him this time. Fell out with TAA/Gomez/Hendo (not forgetting the sneaky little stamp on VVD in injury time!). 

As for a post match report, I'll keep it short and sweet....Clinical in attack and resilient in defence. Add Fabinho to that and we won't lose many!

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Sterling dropped by England for having an altercation with Joe Gomez.

Altercation during breakfast with Sterling getting a one-match ban for grabbing Gomez neck.

Personally I'm  hoping Sterling kicks Gomez in the balls in training this week and gets a season ban.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Its being incorrectly reported that Sterling asked Gomez if he was "still the big man?". What Sterling actually said was "still the big man. Did you eat all my sugar puffs?" and then it kicked off.

Gomez certainly comes out of this episode as the 'bigger man'......and if anyone missed it, here is the stroppy little git stamping on VVD????

4 hours ago, wilai said:

and if anyone missed it, here is the stroppy little git stamping on VVD

Oh dear did liccle Sterlie Sterlie rough up big Verg. Dont see a stamp myself, to be a stamp he'd have to be looking at vvd but he's not. Sterling runs fast and stops. Vvd expects contact and jumps. Wuz.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

2 more than Liverpool, 4 more than Spurs and 3 more than Bolton, we <deleted> rule. ????

Way too happy for someone who just lost the biggest game of the season.

This is what happens when Arab royalty picks you up from the gutter and turns you into a football club. 

There's a tendency when City lose for the media / internet to see it for more than it is and try to destroy City - it's the start of the end and all that. We don't lose many but as we leave ourselves open to counterattack we do lose some. 

There's now the start of 'Pep is losing it', 'Pep is leaving' type <deleted>. Barney Ronay's article below tries to make this case stick. 

Pep's obviously leaving in the coming years - so's Klopp - but nothing I've seen to date makes me worry he's about to spit the dummy and leave.

Then there's been the articles that try to make out Pep lost it in the postmatch conference, so i just took a look at on youtube. Nothing of the sort. He's just lost the biggest game of the season so far but he's actually incredibly  calm, pleasant, tries to be humorous, particularly respectful and complimentary to Klopp and Liverpool, and quite rightly refuses to be drawn on the VAR incidents and refers the journo's to the referees. He explains why he chose certain players. He's  hurting but what he said and how he said it certainly put a smile on my face. Well done Pep.

I guess they have to write such <deleted> to sell their newspapers or attract people to their websites but it is <deleted> journalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/11/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-exodus

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Way too happy for someone who just lost the biggest game of the season.

We lost 2 days ago and i have a life and family. Can't lock myself in my room and listen to endless goth music. Move on, we fight another day.

Edited by Bredbury Blue