The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hard luck the Mighty Dale. Took United all the way there

Yes mate Rhett did really well.

Us Bang average again, But will. Take the win we need a good cup run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I've always wondered how I would feel if United played Alty and where my loyalties would lie. I'm pretty sure I'd want the smaller team to do well.

Anyway, cheers, ???? enjoy the game and here is to no life saddos like Bob @BangrakBob making themselves look stupid.

Did anyone see the bit on Sky Sports when Carragher tried to patronise Roy Keane with "you only need a couple of players to bridge the gap", I remember from when Liverpool were where you are now. He basically told him to pipe down because Liverpool haven't won the <deleted> league yet. Was proud of how Keano and Jose stood up to those 2 dicks.

Can post the footage if you want @BangrakBob

I'm the saddo....you're the pathetic <deleted> who resorts to calling names as it's the best you can do. It's you that get's offended like a 5 year old and spits his dummy in response.

Now listen to you talking about Roy Keane's little dig a Carra, who actually gives a flying <deleted>, and I'm the saddo....

You're team is a horror show, your club is being run by morons without a clue, deal with it, and stop embarrassing yourself.

And go and get your vagina trimmed you itchy <deleted>, maybe that will help!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nev said:

Yes mate Rhett did really well.

Us Bang average again, But will. Take the win we need a good cup run.

Woke up to check the score ,seems the only real positive for United were the penalty efforts. Well done Rochdale a magic night for those that got to the ground.That's what football should always be about

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Hi Sparkles,

I agree with some of what you say and I know you know your stuff. I don't think my opinion is worth more than any other United fan, but I do think it is worth a lot more than some of the outsiders who post in our thread. And the response above is more for them, but I would be interested in hearing your take on it. 

You have to rewind to when SAF and David Gill unwisely decided to call it a day around the same time.Gill as opposed to Ed Woodward was a highly respected football man,it was a strong,complimentary combination. Post their decision the club has never got back on the rails

It should be said though that they did leave a squad that needed an overhaul as in previous seasons when they were in line to win trophies. Football success is cyclical and and the day of the usual suspects maybe well be over.I expect we will see more upsets but maybe not from United for a while.

Young players need to be intergrated slowly not thrust into the spotlight.I envisaged the likes of Daniel James to be an impact player now he and Greenwood are carrying the load of expectations. For a club of United's stature not to even have a natural right right winger is shameful.

We had Zaha and gave him away for peanuts. Peirara is not a winger he drifts inside we need a sideline hugger to open up play

United supposedly have scouts all over the world.The money is there thanks to Woodward's marketing expertise,use it wisely

With all due respects to Fred there has the be better players out there ,young & hungry that would give their right arm to play for arguably the best known club in the world.

I hope Woodward keeps his word that OGS is there for the long term and it will evolve to a point where we have a team to be proud of once again 

Edited by Sparkles

On 9/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, wilai said:

Take a chill pill Rick. You are getting wound up on multiple threads whilst throwing out insults to others yourself. Man U are doing poorly so expect others to gloat and make fun. You'd be doing the same if things were the other way around. 

Hasn't started great for Utd this season. Plenty of time to get things right though. Perhaps George Galloway has the answer!

"Cristiano Ronaldo is perhaps the greatest player that ever lived." George would like to see him "manage Utd some day."

What about as player manager for the start of 2020/2021?

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Now listen to you talking about Roy Keane's little dig a Carra, who actually gives a flying <deleted>, and I'm the saddo....

It was a very revealing moment. Carragher talking down to United, basically saying 'we know how to get to the top'... but you haven't actually won the league in 30 years ????

Reflective of scousers who think they've arrived now and can start talking down down to the biggest club in the world. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, RickG16 said:

No I'm not, but there is no point explaining to you if you won't listen. But since you ask me to explain....

First watch this video with Rio's reaction on Sunday. After all the racket, he makes a point about letting things play out. Do you understand what he means? 

Rio stop it!

Who's that in the video with the laughing Phil Jones?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Good artcle, from a cockney red

Eighth wonder: the pleasure in the pain of being a Manchester United fan these days

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/sep/27/pleasure-pain-manchester-united-fan-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

Guardian - tick

Moany cockney red - tick 

Posted by a city fan - tick

Na.... I think I'll give it a miss.

I did enjoy that article you posted on the United youth player who got injured though BB ????

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bet you read it. Bet you agreed with every word of it.

Well you piqued my interest so I just skim red it. The guy is actually a good writer (I think he is a journalist?) but I stopped taking him seriously when he said he "mourned the loss" of Daley Blind and Memphis Depay, who were "proper United players". GTFOH 

Out of order Reds, especially at a Women's game. Leave out the Hillsborough chants - I'm  ok with the rest though.

The Football Association is to investigate complaints that Manchester United’s Women’s Super League victory over Liverpool was marred by offensive chanting about the Hillsborough disaster.

The Guardian understands that while Liverpool have not made a formal complaint, they have flagged up the chants from a minority of United fans in the club’s post-match report to the FA, specifically the “always the victims, it’s never your fault” chant – an offensive reference to the Hillsborough disaster – and references to “rats” and “robbers”.

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

giphy.gif

There's not a lot to say really. Where these fan channels on Youtube go wrong is that they always lurch from one extreme to another. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

I will say that I cringe at the OT home crowd sometimes, even through the TV. Tunezabe was having a great game, he made gave the ball away and got absolutely crucified for it, then low and behold he gave the ball away again for the goal. The constant hounding and booing of Ashley Young is unfair, pointless and counter productive.

These are not 'supporters', just 'fans' with a poor understanding of the game. How is that demonstrated? Every time anyone gets the ball in a central position, within 35 yards from goal, they all scream 'shoot!!!'. As if that is actually the best option. No patience and that rubs off onto the players.

I know there are some knowledgable fans at OT, I just hope it doesn't become a toxic atmosphere like the Emirates has at times in recent years. Really hope we can put some wins together to get the crowd off their backl

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There's not a lot to say really. Where these fan channels on Youtube go wrong is that they always lurch from one extreme to another. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

I will say that I cringe at the OT home crowd sometimes, even through the TV. Tunezabe was having a great game, he made gave the ball away and got absolutely crucified for it, then low and behold he gave the ball away again for the goal. The constant hounding and booing of Ashley Young is unfair, pointless and counter productive.

These are not 'supporters', just 'fans' with a poor understanding of the game. How is that demonstrated? Every time anyone gets the ball in a central position, within 35 yards from goal, they all scream 'shoot!!!'. As if that is actually the best option. No patience and that rubs off onto the players.

I know there are some knowledgable fans at OT, I just hope it doesn't become a toxic atmosphere like the Emirates has at times in recent years. Really hope we can put some wins together to get the crowd off their backl

Serious question......how long do you think before these “fans” turn on Ole?

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Serious question......how long do you think before these “fans” turn on Ole?

That's the problem now. Because he's a club legend that reminds us of the good times, they will turn on the players first. The social media bandwagon only makes it worse. 

Why does anybody need to be turned on? I think we underestimate just how important we are as supporters. We can be the 12th man. But instead we are destroying confidence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's the problem now. Because he's a club legend that reminds us of the good times, they will turn on the players first. The social media bandwagon only makes it worse. 

Why does anybody need to be turned on? I think we underestimate just how important we are as supporters. We can be the 12th man. But instead we are destroying confidence. 

Yes playing in front of 70,000+ supporters on your back could destroy some of the younger players let alone the likes of Young. 

I remember too well how toxic it became with my lot not so long ago. Once it turns its only going one way I’m afraid. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Yes playing in front of 70,000+ supporters on your back could destroy some of the younger players 

Once it turns its only going one way I’m afraid. 

I'm not saying it is 70k+, but it sounds like the very vocal majority.

A couple of wins can do wonders, as will a couple of convincing performances from the underperformers. I just hope Rashford etc don't read social media. There is no doubt that some of the players are sub standard (I can't see where Lingard goes from here), but some of the reactions are unfair. I was very uncomfortable when there was a huge cheer for Greenwood coming on, just hope Andreas Peirera didn't take it the wrong way, because actually he had quite a good game. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not saying it is 70k+, but it sounds like the very vocal majority.

A couple of wins can do wonders, as will a couple of convincing performances from the underperformers. I just hope Rashford etc don't read social media. There is no doubt that some of the players are sub standard (I can't see where Lingard goes from here), but some of the reactions are unfair. I was very uncomfortable when there was a huge cheer for Greenwood coming on, just hope Andreas Peirera didn't take it the wrong way, because actually he had quite a good game. 

Lingard has gone backwards. People tend to think of him as a youngster but those days are gone. What is he 26/7? Seems he has fallen down the pecking order for England’s too. 

Confidence is everything. Winning again will get these fans getting back on board too. These type of fans are very fickle. It dont take much to swing them the other way again. 

• Like 1

One of the worse games I have seen in a long time. Apart from that Scottish lad who got the goal, Utd players just happy to pick up pay check. Harry trying to step out was funny, gifted them a goal.

Surely time to recall Phil Jones???

Must be torture for Utd fans to see that gap between them and City/pool widening with each passing game.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

For me that was like watching a pack of dogs chasing a plastic bag in the park. 

To me there is no doubt the quality of that fixture has gone down a lot. What we would give for a Roy Keane. Forget all the usual cliches that are thrown around about him... leader, winning mentality, hard man etc.... he was technically brilliant and the best in the world at doing the most important things well. Taking the ball, running with it, making the perfect pass to the right player.

If anyone has forgotten just how good he is watch the Ireland vs Holland at Landsdowne Road in a WCQ, or Juve vs United CL  semi-final. 

I love this anecdote on Brian Clough talking to Keano before his Forest debut:

"He gave me a bit of advice before the game which I've basically made a career out of. He said: 'I've seen your pre-season, you can control the ball, you can pass it and you can move'.

"I said I can do those three things and he just told me to do that tonight."

We make football far more complicated  than it is sometimes. City and Liverpool have a lot of players who are very good at those basic skills. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Every time anyone gets the ball in a central position, within 35 yards from goal, they all scream 'shoot!!!'. As if that is actually the best option. No patience and that rubs off onto the players.

Do you not think they may have run out of patience and are now just desperate to get a goal from anywhere? You've only scored 9 goals (7 against) in the prem. Compare that to City (27) and Liverpool (18). Blimey, even Burnley and Bournemouth have scored more than you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you not think they may have run out of patience and are now just desperate to get a goal from anywhere? You've only scored 9 goals (7 against) in the prem. Compare that to City (27) and Liverpool (18). Blimey, even Burnley and Bournemouth have scored more than you

No mate, this 'shooooot' thing has been going on for years. I would understand it if a Pogba or McTominay (or a Scholes in previous years) was in a good position outside the box. But they do it for everybody, even if they have a defender stood right in front of them. 

Don't try and use what I say as a way to start wanking over your goals for column. Goals are a problem but a bigger problem is not even creating chances.. as was the case in large part of the Jose and LVG eras.