The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

No mate, this 'shooooot' thing has been going on for years.

That's what I mean. They've run out of patience. These are fans who pay a lot of money to go to the matches and have a right to show their disapproval. If the players don't like it they should step up to the plate or get out of dodge

Just now, mrbojangles said:

That's what I mean. They've run out of patience. These are fans who pay a lot of money to go to the matches and have a right to show their disapproval. If the players don't like it they should step up to the plate or get out of dodge

These fans - who are not all of our fans - never had any patience in the first place. 

The shoooot thing is not voicing disapproval, it's the equivalent of a young child wanting their dinner before it's been cooked properly. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fantastic pun but Pogba was good last night. One of the few examples of quality on show.

I had to read that twice. I watched the game and thought he was bang below average. To ensure I wasn't being biased I've just looked on the SkySports player ratings and Pogba was THE lowest ranked of all your starting 11. Every other single player got rated higher than him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I had to read that twice. I watched the game and thought he was bang below average. To ensure I wasn't being biased I've just looked on the SkySports player ratings and Pogba was THE lowest ranked of all your starting 11. Every other single player got rated higher than him

I don't agree with those ratings. He was playing as a 6, not a 10. He kept us ticking over in midfield nicely and looked more comfortable on the ball than any of our other midfielders. Had a header which he should have buried. 

Media platforms need to state clearly if they are rating players in relation to their own ability (i.e. did he have a good game for Pogba) or in relation to the rest of the players. If he didn't play last night I think we would have lost the game. And I think most United fans have come to the realisation that he makes a massive difference, even when he has an average game. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

To me there is no doubt the quality of that fixture has gone down a lot. What we would give for a Roy Keane. Forget all the usual cliches that are thrown around about him... leader, winning mentality, hard man etc.... he was technically brilliant and the best in the world at doing the most important things well. Taking the ball, running with it, making the perfect pass to the right player.

If anyone has forgotten just how good he is watch the Ireland vs Holland at Landsdowne Road in a WCQ, or Juve vs United CL  semi-final. 

I love this anecdote on Brian Clough talking to Keano before his Forest debut:

"He gave me a bit of advice before the game which I've basically made a career out of. He said: 'I've seen your pre-season, you can control the ball, you can pass it and you can move'.

"I said I can do those three things and he just told me to do that tonight."

We make football far more complicated  than it is sometimes. City and Liverpool have a lot of players who are very good at those basic skills. 

I loved Roy Keane as a player, and enjoy his punditry  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He ruined one of our players careers (Inge Haaland) and so I have nothing but hatred for the dirty git

Who stood over him after he'd picked up a very bad injury and accused him of faking. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Who stood over him after he'd picked up a very bad injury and accused him of faking. 

You really trying to justify this? And that incident was at Leeds about 3 years prior when Keane knew he couldn't get to a ball and upended Haaland but came off worse. They had met again several times before Keane decided to end Haaland's career. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You really trying to justify this? And that incident was at Leeds about 3 years prior when Keane knew he couldn't get to a ball and upended Haaland but came off worse. They had met again several times before Keane decided to end Haaland's career. 

Keane was out for several months with that injury, and Haaland accused him of faking it. What goes around comes around. He <deleted> with the wrong guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Keane was out for several months with that injury, and Haaland accused him of faking it. What goes around comes around. He <deleted> with the wrong guy. 

But it was Keane who tried to do Haaland and ended up injuring himself.

Are you honestly trying to say that because Haaland accused him of faking it on the pitch 3 years prior, that justified what he did? 3 years had passed and they had played against each other several times since 

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Haarland retired because of a injury to his other leg ,???? look it up on his wilkpedia. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

But it was Keane who tried to do Haaland and ended up injuring himself.

Are you honestly trying to say that because Haaland accused him of faking it on the pitch 3 years prior, that justified what he did? 3 years had passed and they had played against each other several times since 

I consider myself pretty streetwise, but if I walked through a bad area and behaved in the wrong way to the wrong people, I'd expect a response which was far greater than whatever I'd done.

Like I say, Haaland chose the wrong guy to scream at when he's injured on the floor. 

• Thanks 1

I have stated on Here before that Rashford Lingard and Pogba are all average and I stick by that.

I saw some stats before the game that those 3 and Pieria in 20 games between them have a total of 3 goals in open play sums it up really how bad they are.

• Like 1

Just now, nev said:

I have stated on Here before that Rashford Lingard and Pogba are all average and I stick by that.

I saw some stats before the game that those 3 and Pieria in 20 games between them have a total of 3 goals in open play sums it up really how bad they are.

That's a bad stat but Rashford and Lingard should be to blame. Pogba and Peirera have more other responsibilites on the pitch. I thought Andreas was alright last night. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I consider myself pretty streetwise, but if I walked through a bad area and behaved in the wrong way to the wrong people, I'd expect a response which was far greater than whatever I'd done.

Like I say, Haaland chose the wrong guy to scream at when he's injured on the floor. 

And Keane did not retire Haarland he played the next game and retired due to a long time I jury to the other leg.

Just another Lie city spread about us.

Just now, RickG16 said:

That's a bad stat but Rashford and Lingard should be to blame. Pogba and Peirera have more other responsibilites on the pitch. I thought Andreas was alright last night. 

Yes Peirera did ok but not United level.

Just now, nev said:

Yes Peirera did ok but not United level.

But Nev he's young, and not had that many 1st team appearances before this season, and he's coming into a team which is playing badly.

I think he's one worth sticking with, seems like a pretty good all round player and I don't know why he's not taking set pieces. I think he offered more than Mata did against West Ham. And since he's more likely to improve that should put him ahead in the pecking order. 

I just wonder when he's finally going to let Greenwood off the leash.....

23 minutes ago, nev said:

Haarland retired because of a injury to his other leg ,???? look it up on his wilkpedia. 

Haaland had strapping on his left knee in the game. He had played several times with strapping on his left knee but never played a full game again after Keane's premeditated thuggery. 

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Are you serious? This is a football match, on a football field, not a rough area of Mosside. If every footballer acted that way we would run out of professional footballers

51 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you serious? This is a football match, on a football field, not a rough area of Mosside. If every footballer acted that way we would run out of professional footballers

He's not any footballer, he's Roy Keane. Up to Haaland, if he wants to behave like that towards Keane he is putting himself at risk.

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour. The Americans ended the conflict when they dropped the Atom Bomb. And I believe the Japanese have since apologised for their role in WW2. Maybe Haaland should follow suit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

He got what he deserved There was no reason for him to stand over Keane like that, Thought he was a tough guy standing over Keane and probably got high fives going back to the dressing room ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

He's not any footballer, he's Roy Keane. Up to Haaland, if he wants to behave like that towards Keane he is putting himself at risk.

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour. The Americans ended the conflict when they dropped the Atom Bomb. And I believe the Japanese have since apologised for their role in WW2. Maybe Haaland should follow suit. 

Do my eyes deceive me. Are you comparing Haaland saying to Keane "stop faking it" with the Japanese and Pearl Harbour!! I have now well and truly heard the most ludicrous statement of all time

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nev said:

He got what he deserved There was no reason for him to stand over Keane like that, Thought he was a tough guy standing over Keane and probably got high fives going back to the dressing room ????

So Keane wanted to do Haaland

Keane come off worse

Haaland said stop faking it

About 3 years pass (with them playing against each other in that time)

Keane really does Haaland this time

Nev says Haaland got what he deserves

One word......shocked

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Do my eyes deceive me. Are you comparing Haaland saying to Keane "stop faking it" with the Japanese and Pearl Harbour!! I have now well and truly heard the most ludicrous statement of all time

There was a life lesson in there Mr Boj but you missed it....... never bite off more than you can chew. 

• Haha 1

Just a little stat for my fellow reds and forumista's, United have since August 147 shots on goal to score 7 goals Bayern just did that in one game 

Good to watch Bayern their first touch of their players is immaculate none of this three touches needed by some of our players.