The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

On talksport a while back, they did a survey, and the result was that Glasgow Celtic were the best supported club in the world.

Top 6 

01 Celtic

02 Liverpool

03 Barcelona

04 Real Madrid

05 Man Utd

06 Bayern

Can't recall the others but I think Ajax and one of the italian giants were up there.

Not sure what the criteria was but if we are going off global fanbase, I am pretty sure that's incorrect. 

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Sure I get your point. Hence my point re. succession planning. And to be fair no one was ever going to replace Ferguson, but they they couldn't have gone about it any worse. 

I've often considered "after Klopp" but I'd expect a transition that would still see us compete, and not waste millions, maintaining his winning ethos, philosophy and strategy behind the scenes. 

That said Chelsea is a great example of how all of what I'm saying is total <deleted>-s, manager after manager but you are always in the mix, it doesn't have a detrimental effect. 

The benefit of hindsight shows Ferguson only had the chairman he did so long as he was there and then he was chopped as soon as Fergie left so Glazer could bring in his own man....it was a huge mistake from a footballing perspective but gold dust for the balance sheet.

The Glazers in a nutshell really.

• Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

Can you fill me in on how true these Spurs dressing room rumours are?

There are so many you had better list them for me.

I can say Eriksen refuted the affair thing with Verts and his wife already. Lol.

Ole-at-the-wheel's 17 league games since the PSG match have yielded just 17 points (Mourinho’s last 17 games before his dismissal brought 26), or a 38 point season, which in last season's table would have been a 5th from bottom end of season. So O-A-T-W should keep you up, just.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure what the criteria was but if we are going off global fanbase, I am pretty sure that's incorrect. 

True. On the Brazil and Parry show. 

Are you not pleased to be the 5th most supported club in the world?

Celtic supporters are thick on the ground in South America. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

True. On the Brazil and Parry show. 

Are you not pleased to be the 5th most supported club in the world?

Celtic supporters are thick on the ground in South America. 

If there are any here in Argentina they are in hiding or too cheap to buy a shirt.:cowboy:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

and the result was that Glasgow Celtic were the best supported club in the world.

Top 6 

01 Celtic

02 Liverpool

03 Barcelona

04 Real Madrid

05 Man Utd

06 Bayern

Loved to see the stats/facts behind this.

If i was asked to put them in order I'd go for:

01 Real Madrid or Man Utd

03 Barcelona

04 Liverpool

05 Bayern

06 Celtic (a long way behind the others).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Loved to see the stats/facts behind this.

If i was asked to put them in order I'd go for:

01 Real Madrid or Man Utd

03 Barcelona

04 Liverpool

05 Bayern

06 Celtic (a long way behind the others).

That looks about right. Juve and Arsenal probably worthy of honourable mentions. And possibly Chelsea. 

The problem with Ole is that he still thinks that Rashford is a gift sent from heaven. 

His team last night was a bunch of wannabe footballers. Maybe with an exception of McTominay and James, the players in that team would have a hard time to get into any Premier League side or even in the Championship.  They are just poor.
And whatever the manager is telling them,  its not helping. 

Liverpool up next which you will lose and then you are in the relegation battle. I think this experiment is long overdue.  Ole will get released from the contract within the next 2 weeks, anything else will be a suicide mission. 

Edited by balo

5 hours ago, balo said:

The problem with Ole is that he still thinks that Rashford is a gift sent from heaven. 

His team last night was a bunch of wannabe footballers. Maybe with an exception of McTominay and James, the players in that team would have a hard time to get into any Premier League side or even in the Championship.  They are just poor.
And whatever the manager is telling them,  its not helping. 

Liverpool up next which you will lose and then you are in the relegation battle. I think this experiment is long overdue.  Ole will get released from the contract within the next 2 weeks, anything else will be a suicide mission. 

Bolton might take a couple.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No hitting a nerve, morea case of pedantic Alfie being wrong and me wanting to tell you "you're wrong".

The subject was about my wife, as raised by RickyG, and then commented on by Hackjam then by me. And THEN you got involved.

You got to stop throwing around a word like "lying" as its offensive. If you think im wrong you can say im wrong (im always saying you're wrong) but leave out words like "lying" especially WHEN YOU WRONG!

I’ve noticed that he insinuates, so that when people respond to his insinuations he says “ I didn’t say that” 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No hitting a nerve, morea case of pedantic Alfie being wrong and me wanting to tell you "you're wrong".

The subject was about my wife, as raised by RickyG, and then commented on by Hackjam then by me. And THEN you got involved.

You got to stop throwing around a word like "lying" as its offensive. If you think im wrong you can say im wrong (im always saying you're wrong) but leave out words like "lying" especially WHEN YOU WRONG!

Screenshot_2019-10-08-21-42-49.png

Lets go over it again: 

From Rick 

Some of the posters on here are obviously in good relationships. One of the nice things about Thai girls / women is that they really get into the spirit of football. 

My reply to this part.

Really, just following their boyfriend / husband's team is getting in the spirit of football more like just following their husband like a little lapdog.

Bb reply 

Why would you comment about something you can't possibly know about? Ever met my wife

Part of my reply 

where have i mentioned your wife ?

bb reply 

The subject you chipped in on WAS ABOUT MY WIFE.

So it went from "why would you comment" to "The subject you chipped in on"

Anyway you still never answered the question, did your wife follow City before you met her ?  :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Alfie but you joined a discussion ON MY WIFE part way through - AS IVE SHOWN WITH THE SCREENSHOTS ABOVE -

and THEN you joined in. But  you seem to want to interpret that you started a discussion when you did not and then you call me the liar...unbelievable.

You should also take Hackjam's advice and leave people's wifes out of it. I took no offence to Rick's comments, but you come along and offensively have ago at all thai wives/girlfriends. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just heard a funny one.

McTominay goal against Arsenal was voted goal of the month at United in September. Do you think that's because the only other goal United scored in the league that month was Rashford against Leicester. Which was a...................penalty ????

Only sad people with no life post on international break. Fact.

.... Unless replying to point out the sadness.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Or Mods on patrol

Sorry I take it back.. You're providing an invaluable service to the online community.

It's also a cretinous thing to point out, because it was a very good goal which could have won regardless of how many we scored.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Sorry I take it back.. You're providing an invaluable service to the online community.

It's also a cretinous thing to point out, because it was a very good goal which could have won regardless of how many we scored.

The United crisis has really given you a sense of humour failure

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The United crisis has really given you a sense of humour failure

What crisis?! ....????

I'm in the Ole out camp now, provided the right replacement can be found. We could wait for Southgate after the Euros. Or I wonder if Pochettino could jump ship in Jan if he doesn't get what he wants.