The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Being in an upcountry hotel with no football on tv and not wanting to watch it on my phone, i gave it a miss.

One son and wife did watch it, they reckon ManU were the better team until the latter stages. Thanks: you can revert to being <deleted> again now.

Wife has seen most liverpool games this season (i rarely watch them) and reckons they aren't playing well but keep being fortunate.

I only saw the second half but that was dire. If people want to see 9 men behind the ball clinging on for dear  life at home then fair play, It was a great performance. 

I guess sometimes needs much. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I only saw the second half but that was dire. If people want to see 9 men behind the ball clinging on for dear  life at home then fair play, It was a great performance. 

I guess sometimes needs much. 

So you shouldn't really comment until watching the first half. We were set up to score a goal and then defend the lead, and we nearly did it. Better than any other team has done against that lot this season.

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Body language and performances of players didn't show any sign they don't have faith in OGS.

As usual Sparkles, you haven't missed a trick in that summary.

One thing I would question is that line above... I mean as a United player, the one game you shouldn't need motivating for is Liverpool. That plus the fans are typically louder vs Liverpool, which can also play a part. What I will give Ole is that we appeared to be set up with a clear tactical plan yesterday, which appeared to work well.

.... can't remember the last time I was so intrigued by a January transfer window... I wonder who we can get! 

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Positives : Perreira had his best ever game playing as a no 10 ,great energy and distributed well.

Agree with that and he chased, harassed and closed down opposition players extremely well until he tired near the end (not surprising given the ground he covered).

And Fred played well, IMO having his best game yet; McTominay also ok but he faded later in the game.

All in all it was a good performance in view of injuries and how they have been playing, and it seemed for once that Utd had a game plan (and it worked)!! I wonder who thought of that, cos I don't believe OGS is capable of it.

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I wonder who thought of that, cos I don't believe OGS is capable of it.

A little harsh. We might never know, as we aren't behind the scenes. I believe that Fergie took a lot of tactical cues from the likes of Carlos Quiroz, so if one of his assistants came up with the plan there is no shame in that either.

Very optimistic posts.  from a draw against Liverpool where the Parked The Bus 

tactics were used.

The  Points Table  tell the right picture of M/U. present position.

2 points above relegation zone.  1 win .2 draws. and 2 losses.from the last 5 EPL matchs

The Fisherman has not found the correct bait yet !!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So you shouldn't really comment until watching the first half. We were set up to score a goal and then defend the lead, and we nearly did it. Better than any other team has done against that lot this season.

I’m commenting on what I saw in the second half. Wind your neck in. 

4 hours ago, deej said:

Very optimistic posts.  from a draw against Liverpool where the Parked The Bus 

tactics were used.

The  Points Table  tell the right picture of M/U. present position.

2 points above relegation zone.  1 win .2 draws. and 2 losses.from the last 5 EPL matchs

The Fisherman has not found the correct bait yet !!!

How about the facts you are ignoring, such as the fact we are the only team to take points off them this season. And that we had several chances to go 2-0 up.

And what kind of a name is Deej. Lame post, lame person.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not winding anything in mate. You only watched half the game and have the cheek to talk about dire performances.

Parking the bus at Old Trafford, I never thought I would see the day. Guess it shows how far you have fallen. 

The team showed fight I give you that but as far as entertainment goes, it was dire. 

The most entertaining part was watching that pussy James constantly rolling around like he had been shot. They need a dummy in that first aid kit. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Parking the bus at Old Trafford, I never thought I would see the day. Guess it shows how far you have fallen. 

The team showed fight I give you that but as far as entertainment goes, it was dire. 

The most entertaining part was watching that pussy James constantly rolling around like he had been shot. They need a dummy in that first aid kit. 

I really dont like to use caps but sometimes it is necessary YOU ONLY WATCHED HALF THE GAME.

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I really dont like to use caps but sometimes it is necessary YOU ONLY WATCHED HALF THE GAME.

Thank <deleted>

45 minutes of my life I will never get back along with another 90 watching my lot. 2 dire performances 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, hackjam said:

It was like as if it was their cup final.

Getting all positive about a draw says it all about the once great Man Utd.

Never reckoned I would see the day when Utd were happy to park bus at home.

Quite an achievement to be wrong on so many counts.

a) the majority of the fans, and certainly the management and players were disappointed / critical about elements of our performance.

b) we do actually have the right to take some positives, since we are the only team to take points off the scousers + it was an improvement on recent weeks.

You don't get anywhere in life without taking the positives. So when you come across a guy who only pops up his ugly mug to criticise and sneer, it's not hard to work out what his life is like. 

Don't worry though, I'm sure your missus thinks you're a ray of sunshine......

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hackjam said:

It was like as if it was their cup final.

Getting all positive about a draw says it all about the once great Man Utd.

Never reckoned I would see the day when Utd were happy to park bus at home.

Perhaps you should have a look at the table and the reason United undertook the tactics they did, 3 at the back and 2 wing backs. Wan Bisaka got forward a lot. Young didn't, that was also a plan as they saw the main damage coming from Liverpool's RH side.

I bet a lot of other teams wished they had got a point and nearly 3 off Liverpool when they played them.

This tired old cliché "parking the bus" is nonsense and comes from being brain washed by the pundits to describe any tactic that frustrates an opposition which were clearly superior on paper, at this stage of the season. Results matter

Judge United when they get key players back from injuries which have restricted them to pick patch up teams. Your tactical/knowledge re how to set up a team, according to their current predicament, seems very limited

On 10/22/2019 at 10:39 AM, xylophone said:

Agree with that and he chased, harassed and closed down opposition players extremely well until he tired near the end (not surprising given the ground he covered).

And Fred played well, IMO having his best game yet; McTominay also ok but he faded later in the game.

All in all it was a good performance in view of injuries and how they have been playing, and it seemed for once that Utd had a game plan (and it worked)!! I wonder who thought of that, cos I don't believe OGS is capable of it.

Fred needs to be taken aside and told don't telegraph your intentions when your passing over distance.He takes an age to get it on his left foot and make a 30 m + pass which any player with vision on the opposition can intercept and do many times.

He does have great energy though ,give him time.

Judge OGS at the end of the season. He sat on the bench during his United career with possibly the best manger United will ever have, that's how you learn as a player and potential manager and then form, & add, your own variations.

Took SAF along time to get it right but he was given time but we live in instant results time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Perhaps you should have a look at the table and the reason United undertook the tactics they did, 3 at the back and 2 wing backs. Wan Bisaka got forward a lot. Young didn't, that was also a plan as they saw the main damage coming from Liverpool's RH side.

I bet a lot of other teams wished they had got a point and nearly 3 off Liverpool when they played them.

This tired old cliché "parking the bus" is nonsense and comes from being brain washed by the pundits to describe any tactic that frustrates an opposition which were clearly superior on paper, at this stage of the season. Results matter

Judge United when they get key players back from injuries which have restricted them to pick patch up teams. Your tactical/knowledge re how to set up a team, according to their current predicament, seems very limited

All absolutely spot on. With Shaw on the other flank that formation could become more like a 3-5-2. Could be useful.

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you think he'll be there that long?

The Fisherman.s  bait  is old and smelly.

Just hovering above relegation zone certainly indicates his position is in jeopardy.

Parking The Bus formation being used at Old Trafford would be my last straw.

As i posted a couple weeks back.

A  Deadman  Walkiing

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not being pedantic but I think it's a Saudi guy (Mohammed Bin Salman)

Yes you are right, i always mix them up because Qatar gets the WC soccer so i thought he was from there....So soon they can talk about soccer as neighbours...

But 3.5 billion....wow...for 25 guys who are good in running after a ball.