The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

The definition of banter is, and always has been the injection of "humour" into a discussion/comment.

I really don't see much sign of that its rare commodity in this forum

You want to lighten up, as hard as that might be these days as a ManU fan, as there are plenty of amusing comments on the threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You want to lighten up, as hard as that might be these days as a ManU fan, as there are plenty of amusing comments on the threads.

Not hard to be a Man U fan at all.That I don't share your sense of "humour" is irrelevant.I didn't say humour was non existent I said it was a "rare commodity".

You spend a lot of time undertaking petty bickering and have admitted many times you "Hate MU" as a club so not sure why you are on this thread.....boredom ?

You obviously enjoy the mental gymnastics that toing and froing entails. I would rather watch repeats of Fawlty Towers.

Have a good night  ⛹️‍♂️

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Big relegation battle tonight boys. Massive 6 pointer

Squad rotation question for you...  Why didn't Aguero start yesterday? It's messing up my fantasy team. Is he likely to be rested in PL games before the CL?  

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Squad rotation question for you...  Why didn't Aguero start yesterday? It's messing up my fantasy team. Is he likely to be rested in PL games before the CL?  

One thing we have gotten used to is not second guessing Pep's starting 11

On 10/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you a mancunian? No you can't be if you ask a City fan such a stupid question. 

Sporting groups all over the world are doing their best to keep "hate" out of sport.

You apparently want to perpetuate it.

Whether this is due to some trauma you suffered in past life its time to grow up and show respect for all clubs, players etc .Sport is a big community and overcomes all sorts of barriers and respect should be encouraged. Beyond my comprehension how you could "hate" a football club. 

Last night win over Norwich was hardly convincing but some positive signs.The front 3 Rashford ,Martial and James showed finally some combination and movement.

Sadly VAR was the main talking point. The first penalty wasn't a penalty in a million years.If a referee can't see that from a few metres away he shouldn't be on the pitch and the decisions from the video room are equally confusing. Its killing the joy of people attending the games and they should maybe scrap it and bring it back when they can sort out some consistency.

The penalty attempts were poor ,both hit at a comfortable height for the keeper and again for the first the keeper was way off his line but VAR and the ref didn't see it.

But to positives Mc Tominay again has done enough for me to convince that he is a permanent fixture in the best side,even he gave away the ball for their goal and is a potential leader . Big lad 6 ft 4" now and physically very strong.  Fred showed some improvement but is still giving the ball away far too much.

4 games in 10 days ,going to be some sore bodies if they don't get more players back.       Pogba for one is apparently way off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Last night win over Norwich was hardly convincing but some positive signs.The front 3 Rashford ,Martial and James showed finally some combination and movement.

Sadly VAR was the main talking point. The first penalty wasn't a penalty in a million years.If a referee can't see that from a few metres away he shouldn't be on the pitch and the decisions from the video room are equally confusing. Its killing the joy of people attending the games and they should maybe scrap it and bring it back when they can sort out some consistency.

The penalty attempts were poor ,both hit at a comfortable height for the keeper and again for the first the keeper was way off his line but VAR and the ref didn't see it.

But to positives Mc Tominay again has done enough for me to convince that he is a permanent fixture in the best side,even he gave away the ball for their goal and is a potential leader . Big lad 6 ft 4" now and physically very strong.  Fred showed some improvement but is still giving the ball away far too much.

4 games in 10 days ,going to be some sore bodies if they don't get more players back.       Pogba for one is apparently way off.

I think that's quite a 'glass half empty' review for you Sparkles.

Apart from the sloppy ending I was encouraged by the confidence running through the team. Give or take Pogba / Shaw / Bailly that could be our first XI.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Sporting groups all over the world are doing their best to keep "hate" out of sport.

You apparently want to perpetuate it.

Whether this is due to some trauma you suffered in past life its time to grow up and show respect for all clubs, players etc .Sport is a big community and overcomes all sorts of barriers and respect should be encouraged. Beyond my comprehension how you could "hate" a football club. 

It's  beyond MY comprehension how YOU can't understand hating your local rivals. It happens worldwide, in many sports, but you apparently don't comprehend. You weren't brought up in Manchester then: in the outback was it?

On 10/28/2019 at 5:23 PM, RickG16 said:

I think that's quite a 'glass half empty' review for you Sparkles.

Apart from the sloppy ending I was encouraged by the confidence running through the team. Give or take Pogba / Shaw / Bailly that could be our first XI.

It was a better effort but lets not forget Norwich fielded far from their best team through injuries.I get back to my comment weeks ago .Its going to take at least 3 summer windows to get a team capable of being contenders. The first window has been good Maguire,Wan Bassaka and James have been brilliant and at age where they will hopefully be around for a while but still need at least one more creative midfielder (2 if Pogba moves on) which I think he will and at least one more striker to be anywhere near and that doesn't allow for any more long term injuries. 

Shaw ,Dalot , Matic, Pogba, Bailly, Tueznabe no return dates I've heard of.

Smalling is apparently playing well for Roma,best thing he did was to get away and hopefully come back a better and wiser player 

Edited by Sparkles

On 10/28/2019 at 6:57 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

It's  beyond MY comprehension how YOU can't understand hating your local rivals. It happens worldwide, in many sports, but you apparently don't comprehend. You weren't brought up in Manchester then: in the outback was it?

Not in my world.

Even my 6 yr old Grandson understands the difference between "hate" and "don't like."

It's taught at school.You really are beyond help.12,488 posts and counting

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Not in my world.

Even my 6 yr old Grandson understands the difference between "hate" and "don't like."

I can't believe YOU are trying to tell me how I feel or should feel about ManU - unreal.

So which part of Australia are you from? 

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Not in my world.

Think you might be getting too caught up in a word that may have a different meaning to you. Where I come from, it's also normal to say I hate, Rhubarb, Liver, Spinach, Rain, Cold and a plethora of other trivial things.

I have an intense dislike for Man United mainly due to the grief I got from their supporters when I was growing up (yeah because we were mainly garbage) but also because my mate got hit with a dart at Maine Rd thrown from the away (United) end.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:26 AM, Kadilo said:

I never saw the match. 

How did James perform............. I had a bet on >3 rolls. 

Bet you wish James was English. He's very similar to Raheem Sterling at the same age. The question will be whether he can add all the things Sterling has to his game. Forgetting everything else, Pep's biggest achievement in the English game is probably the development of Sterling. 

If he was English I would be embarrassed by his antics. It’s bad enough having your Country’s captain doing it without anyone else adding to the numbers. 

Ability wise I see a lot of pace but not much else. Maybe he will develop but OLS ain’t no Pep so we will see  

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

If he was English I would be embarrassed by his antics. It’s bad enough having your Country’s captain doing it without anyone else adding to the numbers. 

Ability wise I see a lot of pace but not much else. Maybe he will develop but OLS ain’t no Pep so we will see  

The kid is definitely a talent which makes it the more disturbing that he is such an eager diver at his young age.