The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Now That Spurs are …………..………..well rubbish lol

Its amazing how quiet it is here

Good game tonight, 2 sitters missed and lots of potential if played right for at least another, Ref was shambolic..…………….off ball incident should have been reviewed and red card issued, but all in all a result and impressive performance 

a lot of these low end EPL teams play very hard and dirty football and it is obvious and dangerous, ref's need to get a handle on it

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Looked a bad one for McTominay. What's the latest? I quite like him. Certainly puts himself about. Guessing he's been one of your best players this season.

You should know that you have to let the swelling reduce then take scans which may be done late today or tomorrow. Refused the stretcher, he's a tough lad but not looking good

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

You should know that you have to let the swelling reduce then take scans which may be done late today or tomorrow. Refused the stretcher, he's a tough lad but not looking good

Welcome back Sparkles.

Apparently he rolled his ankle and it may not be too bad.

Question is, without Pogba who replaces him? Matic is out injured too I think, so it might be Jimmy Garner who gets a game. Unless we revisit the Phil Jones as a CM idea. 

20 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Yes it is quiet on here.I have many other things to do and seem to be only repeating my thoughts which have not changed. Can't speak for others

(a) I have never been standing in the sack OGS queue.I have said repeatedly that it will take 3 summer windows to clear up the mess and lack of recruitment vision he was handed.

He's accused of among other things not having experience. Lampard has had less and Chelsea are in 3rd place. Spurs have one of the best managers around IMO and they are on 14th place.

(b) United took a point off Liverpool and we not overwhelmed at all due to OGS tactical switches.

City didn't get near them.

(c) The three players OGS brought in have been brilliant.James who is happier on the left wing has been converted to the right ,will get less goals but more assists  .Bargain buy.

(d) Maguire I think will be made the permanent captain and not before time McTominay his deputy. Young is a poor captain ,sets a bad example with his indiscriminate tackles on the edge of the box. Never a defender and will either be released or kept as purely a squad player

(e) I consider I have had a good idea what OGS/Phelan have been  trying to do regarding style of play. We saw that last weekend and improving indiviual players that need help. Fred is a classic example of that,had his best game since arriving last weekend.

(d) Mentioned weeks ago that IMO 19 yr old Brandon Williams was a future star and a natural replacement for Ashley Young and is probably a better player at his age that Luke Shaw was.When Shaw returns no reason why Williams can't be be moved further up into the midfield, he loves charging into the box,has no fear and a great engine.

Finally last weekend United should have scored half a dozen. Rashford despite his missed "sitter"  showed his maturity by putting it out of his mind and his runs were so powerful. 

If anyone is a genuine United supporter you could not help but be excited by the intent being shown. Keeping that going is not a gimme.Letting some players go, Matic,Young, Mata and bringing in more talented younger players is.  PATIENCE is the key 

Nice post Sparkles, with lots of good points in it.

I have to admit I was in the camp of getting rid of OGS and I'm still not fully convinced he is the right man, however am willing to be proven wrong.

As for your other comments, I think that Young will be a very useful squad player going forward because of his versatility and despite his age, he still has a bit of speed, although I'm not too keen on the fouls he consistently commits!

Mata will also be useful and can possibly start on many occasions, because he does bring a bit of guile, with some excellent diagonal runs included, with his play, not to mention that he is a pretty smart dead ball expert.

As for Shaw, well I'm not too convinced about his future at United as I believe he has been disappointing, and with other players coming through, and even Rojo showing his willingness to fight for a place in the squad, then he may not be first choice.

Otherwise consistency is the name of the game at the moment.

And before I finish this post, I have to say I have been impressed as to how Fred has improved his game and even though he seems a little careless on occasions, some of his passing and especially the balls he has threaded through to the front runners have been great. 

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would we try and dominate possession with three at the back. We gave up the midfield. That's how counter attack works. 

Yeah sorry I forgot it was a Serie A, Mourinho-esque masterclass in the art of superior football tactics...that only "real" football fans can appreciate. 

As Roy Keane said, "you’re going to have to grind out results when you’re playing badly and that’s what they've done today." And as far as I'm concerned that's all there was to it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah sorry I forgot it was a Serie A, Mourinho-esque masterclass in the art of superior football tactics...that only "real" football fans can appreciate. 

As Roy Keane said, "you’re going to have to grind out results when you’re playing badly and that’s what they've done today." And as far as I'm concerned that's all there was to it. 

There were certain passages of play which revealed a lot more though. 'The best defender in the world' VVD getting absolutely skinned by Rashford on a number of occasions.

Oh... and probably our best striker Tony wasn't even playing. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Haha 1

One can talk up M/U all they like????But seriously. they are playing  under The Fisherman with no purpose at all .(Boring football )and  their present Table position surely vindicates that.

Need  another new manager very smartly.

Is my opinion????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deej said:

One can talk up M/U all they like????But seriously. they are playing  under The Fisherman with no purpose at all .(Boring football )and  their present Table position surely vindicates that.

Need  another new manager very smartly.

Is my opinion????

Trying to work out where you are from Deej... can you give us any clues?

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'll bet even Stevens you can work it out. ????

He's got pretty good English, but still I'd be surprised if it was his native language.

Still makes more sense than certain native English speakers who post on here sometimes ????

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's got pretty good English, but still I'd be surprised if it was his native language.

Still makes more sense than certain native English speakers who post on here sometimes ????

that reminds me where's rijit...

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Funny he's disappeared at exactly the same time as Alfie. I wonder?

Sometimes people tell tales....which lead to bans! Those who get a ban may decide not to post again for a while...Happened to Alfie and Carmine. Dunno about rijit! Would be a lot better if some could take a bit of stick without telling tales.????

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

Sometimes people tell tales....which lead to bans! Those who get a ban may decide not to post again for a while...Happened to Alfie and Carmine. Dunno about rijit! Would be a lot better if some could take a bit of stick without telling tales.????

Thanks for clearing up his/their disappearance. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Would it not be more correct that people's posts get reported for being in contravention of the forum rules, not people get reported.

No it's more like a member, prods, pokes and antagonises certain members with absolute tosh knowing full well eventually they will get the reaction they so desire and then snitch to get the result they further desire. 

WE know which is more deplorable and deserves sentencing.

This is my mad theory anyway, could be completely wrong. 

• Like 1