The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

52 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

No it's more like a member, prods, pokes and antagonises certain members with absolute tosh knowing full well eventually they will get the reaction they so desire and then snitch to get the result they further desire. 

WE know which is more deplorable and deserves sentencing.

This is my mad theory anyway, could be completely wrong. 

I think pretty everybody on here posts to poke fun at other members' club - it's part of the appeal of the footie forum - but you have to take it and you have to give it back. Nah Bob, i reckon it's more a case of certain individuals can't control themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think pretty everybody on here posts to poke fun at other members' club - it's part of the appeal of the footie forum - but you have to take it and you have to give it back. Nah Bob, i reckon it's more a case of certain individuals can't control themselves. 

It’s the ones who attempt to set the criteria for who and what can be said on their clubs forum I find most amusing. <deleted> delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought this thread was about Manchester United.

It has appeared to wandered right off topic.

It is almost verging on discussing moderation issues which I believe are a no no.

What a shame as I have followed Man United since 1956, through good times and bad'

Ah well maybe next time I look in there will be something of interest,

Cheers lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoylake said:

It is almost verging on discussing moderation issues which I believe are a no no.

What a shame as I have followed Man United since 1956, through good times and bad'

Cheers lads.

What made you think that? 

Nah nothing of interest in the ManU thread these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoylake said:

Cheers lads.

Threads are called threads because they are exactly that... threads of conversation which can wind in different directions, but usually come back to the predominant subject eventually. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

EJ118H2WoAEkJAL.jpg

Lucky that his brother recognises the power of forgiveness. They have patched things up:

Despite your best efforts, Giggsy will be remembered for the great things he has achieved in his career. Why don't we compare the life achievements of Ryan Giggs and Jellydog from the ThaiVisa forum.

Edited by RickG16

hard game against a great team, very lucky to get away with a draw

the last goal looked to me like an arm and hand ball VAR say different 

one great defender is past his prime was probably instrumental in 2 goals

great game 

• Like 1

Belting game. A tantalising glimpse during those 7 minutes of what Man Utd might be. I wonder if Pochettino was watching.

Anyone still think Harry McGuire is any good? That defence was tormented by some bog standard grafters. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Belting game. A tantalising glimpse during those 7 minutes of what Man Utd might be. I wonder if Pochettino was watching.

Anyone still think Harry McGuire is any good? That defence was tormented by some bog standard grafters. 

Agreed they were bog standard... but spare a thought for Maguire. He had an outnumbered, makeshift midfield in front of him, and a young kid + a rusty centre back next to him.

Don't fall into the same trap as those who always single out Pogba Champers. Just because he cost X million, we shouldn't expect him to become Baresi over night with those players around him. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Agreed they were bog standard... but spare a thought for Maguire. He had an outnumbered, makeshift midfield in front of him, and a young kid + a rusty centre back next to him.

Don't fall into the same trap as those who always single out Pogba Champers. Just because he cost X million, we shouldn't expect him to become Baresi over night with those players around him. 

No, I always thought he was overrated. Leicester don't seem to be missing him. Compare your defensive record to theirs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, champers said:

No, I always thought he was overrated. Leicester don't seem to be missing him. Compare your defensive record to theirs.

Horses for courses. Not concerned with Leicester... what we needed was a ball playing centre back with leadership qualities, who could also head in a few from corners.

He hasn't delivered on the last part (maybe more to do with the quality of the corners), but he has ticked a few of those boxes. There is a lot of fragility around him at the moment. We have a ridiculous amount of injuries. Medical dept has some questions to answer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, champers said:

With Aguerro injured, I'd put Sterling through the middle for the Derby and tell him to run at McGuire.

Thank you Pep!   LOL

I'd put Sterling in the middle and tell him 'Score some f....ing goals !

Edited by wgdanson

I watched the game, very poor performance in the first half, I was sure Sheffield United would win it, but credit where credit is due, Ole did the right changes. But what Jones is doing in that squad is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, balo said:

. But what Jones is doing in that squad is anyone's guess.

He has been a donkey for years. Never fulfilled his early promise. 
I was  never a massive Smalling fan, but to let him go and keep Jones was baffling.