The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

James and Williams both so talented but both find it hard to get through a match without ridiculous dives. Crazy baby, just crazy.

Come off it Burnley was fouling them both all game only way to stop them,  And Merseyside Mike was letting them get away with it,  Even booked Williams for getting tackled. 

Williams had a cracking game and a excellent  young talent I have mated who know his Dad a big red family and his Dad is over the moon seeing his son play for United. 

On 12/26/2019 at 11:48 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

EMsYMDPXsAEdkf5.jpeg

Doing that to your own son it's  only a bloody game lad. 

I know you are obsessed with united maybe ruined your life no wonder you are so bitter. 

2 hours ago, nev said:

Come off it Burnley was fouling them both all game only way to stop them,  And Merseyside Mike was letting them get away with it,  Even booked Williams for getting tackled. 

Williams had a cracking game and a excellent  young talent I have mated who know his Dad a big red family and his Dad is over the moon seeing his son play for United. 

Where have you been Nev? I thought you had been kidnapped by kangaroos!

Yeah, Burnley can get under your skin, I agree. But , still no excuse for diving, particularly that last NASA take off by Williams. He was a moon shot!:tongue:

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wonder what happened there. For a young player (who I think was brought up in England) to turn down the once mighty United for a German club is quite a statement

United reportedly offered him a better deal as well! No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

For what it's worth, I prefer Greenwood anyway, and he is over a year younger than Haaland

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, wilai said:

United reportedly offered him a better deal as well! No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

For what it's worth, I prefer Greenwood anyway, and he is over a year younger than Haaland

It's not really that hard to figure out. Austria where he has been playing is a German speaking country. It will be an easier progression for him there, and he still has plenty of time to sign for one of the big big clubs should he perform in the Bundesliga (Dortmund have a record of being a willing selling club).

Same reason why hot Brazilian prospects from South America can go to Portugal as a 'soft landing' before going to big clubs.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:45 AM, wilai said:

No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

Raiola has just done a deal to represent Jessie Lingard. Makes me wonder where he's going.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Offered to AC Milan apparently.

That would be a great move for Jessie and I'd be happy for him.

He also isn't the worst squad player to have on the books. People seem to forget the kind of Lingard quality players who were chipping in with contributions on our way to success in the early 90s. Brian McClair etc. 

Even so, the end of the season could be a good time for him to leave, unless he can hit a hot streak of form very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The media excelling itself today. Win and a club is great. Lose and its a crisis. Doesn't matter who you are.

No grasp of the bigger picture... or that it is impossible for everyone to do well at once! 

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Im guessing this red sums up nicely what you are all feeling these past 6 years or more ????

https://talksport.com/football/652633/man-utd-man-city-andy-goldstein-emotional-rant-angry-upset/

Oh... you mean the cockney Red on TalkSport. I don't mind Andy Goldstein but I'll give it a miss....

No one supporter can sum up what the whole fan base feels. There are many different viewpoints. And as I say, some can see the bigger picture better than others.

Don't get too giddy. I'm sure most fans on either side would have taken the league win over a win in the Carabao Cup. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Oh... you mean the cockney Red on TalkSport. I don't mind Andy Goldstein but I'll give it a miss....

No one supporter can sum up what the whole fan base feels. There are many different viewpoints. And as I say, some can see the bigger picture better than others.

Don't get too giddy. I'm sure most fans on either side would have taken the league win over a win in the Carabao Cup. 

No more giddy than you reds a month back but this time it's still all to play for.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No more giddy than you reds a month back but this time it's still all to play for.

But it's interesting how the context you always refer back to is how we've done over the past 6 years. We are always your reference point.

Small time written all over you.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But it's interesting how the context you always refer back to is how we've done over the past 6 years. We are always your reference point.

Small time written all over you.

That would be because we've just had the Manchester-Stretford derby, and in the past 6 years we've had the upper hand and for years we had to take it when the roles were reversed. In a discussion on the derby, ofcourse ManU are always a reference point, who else could it be (OUR derby will ALWAYS be against YOU lot ????)

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That would be because we've just had the Manchester-Stretford derby, and in the past 6 years we've had the upper hand and for years we had to take it when the roles were reversed. In a discussion on the derby, ofcourse ManU are always a reference point, who else could it be (OUR derby will ALWAYS be against YOU lot ????)

Couldn't care less about any of that. When we beat you I was just happy for the 3 points. The reason why the discussion rumbled on was because your fans are sub standard human beings and couldn't behave themselves. 

Yesterday i was flabbergasted to learn that Jones and Smalling have had their contracts  extended.????

With the war cry being 

Patient and several Summer T/F windows needed to Turn this mess around .Find the above signings rather amusing

????

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Couldn't care less about any of that. When we beat you I was just happy for the 3 points. The reason why the discussion rumbled on was because your fans are sub standard human beings and couldn't behave themselves. 

Get off your highhorse! 

Do you really think for one second that one club's fans are better or worse than another's? Fans are indicative of the human race with some good, some bad and some <deleted>. You even seem to be looking down on cockney reds now. For what it's worth i thought his rant was spot on, needed saying and is no doubt what the majority of ManU fans are thinking / feeling during these hard times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Get off your highhorse! 

Do you really think for one second that one club's fans are better or worse than another's? Fans are indicative of the human race with some good, some bad and some <deleted>. You even seem to be looking down on cockney reds now. For what it's worth i thought his rant was spot on, needed saying and is no doubt what the majority of ManU fans are thinking / feeling during these hard times.

Thats not true though is it. Some clubs' fans have proved over the years that they are patently worse than others. Your's seem to have joined this group.

And I'm afraid a city fan can't designate a United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Doesn't work like that.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Thats not true though is it. Some clubs' fans have proved over the years that they are patently worse than others. Your's seem to have joined this group.

And I'm afraid a city fan can't designate a United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Doesn't work like that.

Course it's true, it's just a matter of quantities. All clubs have great fans, some more than others. All clubs have nutters, racists, hooligans, some more than others. Applies to all walks of life: go in a pub, restaurant, church it will apply. 

I never designated any 

United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Instead of being vague why don't you discuss what he said, what you agree with, disagree with, why?