The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Where are these loyal lads, has the optimism truely waned....

This quote aged best:

Giggs: We would never collapse like Liverpool

United winger reckons the successful foundations laid by Sir Alex Ferguson would save the club from a similar demise

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, BangrakBob said:

Where are these loyal lads, has the optimism truely waned....

Because remember lads.... your loyalty as a football fan is directly linked to your Thai Visa Football Forum post count... ????

I might be back when there's more Reds to talk to. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

perhaps three or four new players are needed and offloading of some old stock will help.

Spot on, we need to stick with the process, and there is a lot more of the process to go. You don't have a complete squad clear out and expect no impact on results, especially with injury / absences of your best players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well I am a United supporter I have been for most of my life, and occasionally I have posted on here, but I'm a realist and I'm also a football fan, so I have to say that Liverpool are currently playing some of the best football I've seen in many years, and I admire that.

Unfortunately there hasn't been too much to talk about of late, because United's performances, in my opinion, fall well short of those to which I and many other supporters are used to, however that doesn't mean to say we don't support them, just that there's not a lot to say?

I did voice my opinion early on in the piece, that I didn't think that OGS was the right choice, that Sanchez was a poor buy, and I also said that a clear out was needed, yet despite all of those comments I still support the team and endeavour to watch all of their matches on whichever medium I can here in Thailand.

A good friend of mine who is a Liverpool supporter and who delights in telephoning me when Liverpool have won and United have lost, wants a to get reaction from me and is most disappointed when he doesn't, and even more so when I simply say that United are going through a bad patch and it's now Liverpool's turn in the sun, and that happens with many teams.

In summary, I can't see them doing much with the current side they've got and I'm not even sure that Pogba, if and when fit, will make that much of a difference, perhaps three or four new players are needed and offloading of some old stock will help.

Ditto to your comments.I too have been a life long supporter of United, through the good and bad times. I don't see the point of coming on here and repeating the same thoughts over and over.I said months ago it was at least a 2 more summer window project,that opinion won't change

From day one there has been a horrendous run of injuries (Dalot, Tueznabe, Bailly, Fosu Mensah) haven't played more than 1/2 dozen games between and losing Rashford, Pogba and Mc tominay is the icing on the cake. Players have performed poorly at times but getting players out and new ones in is no longer easy

Then you have the lack of vision & leadership in the boardroom,all things totally out of our control. As a Man United supporter you get used to the "hate" factor from some on this forum and the media who come out of the woodwork salivating.

United currently sit in 5th place with an outside chance of top 4. Contrast that with Arsenal, another of the so called big clubs, they sit in 10th place but hardly a word is said.

On this forum you will have to go back to December 4 to even find a post regarding Arsenal's fortunes.

I'm not into rubbishing other players/clubs and never have been. Unless its real humour I find it childish and a waste of space but I guess that makes me not suited to football forums.

Possibly I'm not the only one either.This forum once was quite vibrant with people who had obviously been a long time in the game in one way or another, but its almost in intensive care now,ask yourself why ?

• Like 2

Well a trip to Tranmere Rovers tonight.What a dream draw for them and playing on their own sand pit.Don't agree with OGS that its the same for both sides.If you are used to playing on pristine surfaces its a big adjustment that Tranmere have already experienced,just hope the tides out.

Should Tranmere nick a win good luck to them that's what the FA Cup is all about but please no more replays next season

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This forum once was quite vibrant with people who had obviously been a long time in the game in one way or another, but its almost in intensive care now,ask yourself why ?

Intensive care.... or psychiatric ward more appropriate? ???? I can imagine BB and Kadilo shuffling around in their slippers late at night wild-eyed, passing notes containing the latest Solskjaer stats under each other's doors.

Edited by RickG16

36 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Well a trip to Tranmere Rovers tonight.What a dream draw for them and playing on their own sand pit.Don't agree with OGS that its the same for both sides.If you are used to playing on pristine surfaces its a big adjustment that Tranmere have already experienced,just hope the tides out.

Should Tranmere nick a win good luck to them that's what the FA Cup is all about but please no more replays next season

Let's respect them but not show them any mercy. It's a Merseyside club, let's stamp them into the dirt and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Intensive care.... or psychiatric ward more appropriate? ???? I can imagine BB and Kadilo shuffling around in their slippers late at night wild-eyed, passing notes containing the latest Solskjaer stats under each other's doors.

Welcome back RTD

At least he was right about the lack of humour. 

Process ????????

They need to stick with that young prospect Jones at the back. He could come good. 

Not forgetting the “young Roy Keane” ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Intensive care.... or psychiatric ward more appropriate? ???? 

This used to be a vibrant forum a few years back, decent, intelligent football discussions, fair amount of football "banter" but proper ongoing discussions, dissecting matches, transfers, internal operations etc. 

Then there was the second coming (I don't remember his first) and slowly but surely the incessant posts, absurd longwinded responses pushed more and more intelligent posters away from the forum.

The last good one on Liverpool was Stevie, we had a good few members for a time there. 

I only hang about in the hope that a few LFC lads will come back so that we may revive those discussions. Enthusiasm waning...

I think there's a direct correlation between a club doing well and the vibrancy of some of these threads.

The Arsenal thread never had more than Chicog and Santi, and after Chicog disappeared, Santi only pops in occasionally.

The Spurs crowd used to post the most - across the forums - but even Ronnie seems to have had enough now Spurs are no longer challengers. Spurs thread is now pretty quiet these days.

The ManU thread as always had more than most, but the ManU fans come and go over the years, and now it seems to be Rick as main regular poster. It's been pretty quiet from ManU fans for some time, but judging by the webpages since TV's reorganisation a few years back, it is the most popular thread.

The Liverpool thread has gone from 3 to 2 (BB and Wilai).

The City thread went from 4 to 3 a few years back, but is a busier thread now than ever (some of you love it on there don't ya ???? )

The Chelsea fans seems to be constant at about 3 or 4.

I don't agree with the comment above "that there hasn't been too much to talk about of late because United's performances", in fact there's probably more to talk about when a team is struggling than prospering.

Personally, I don't think there's a great deal of change to the threads when comparing now to over the years, it's same old same old.

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Ed Woodward: Man Utd executive vice-chairman's home comes under attack https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51290264

So you also have a minority of fans who are a disgrace to the club it seems. 

It's out of order but the equivalent of political posturing. Nobody was inside the house, and no attempt was made to get inside.

Looks like it might have sped the Bruno Fernandes deal along!

Am I dreaming....Is this honestly a West Ham fan taking the moral high ground on fans attacking senior club figures... ????

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

It's out of order but the equivalent of political posturing. Nobody was inside the house, and no attempt was made to get inside.

Looks like it might have sped the Bruno Fernandes deal along!

Am I dreaming....Is this honestly a West Ham fan taking the moral high ground on fans attacking senior club figures... ????

I wasn't the one taking the “moral high ground” recently vs City talking sh.ite, trying to portray your fans as Saintly was I?.......????????

Another bullet in the foot. You sure you ain’t Red Alfie?

Yes, that Fernandes supposed to be useful. They reckon he’s like a young Fred. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ooh Ricky just got all manly. ????

Your fans are a bunch of <deleted> cowards. 
Attacking someone’s home is a whole new low

You're just tedious mate. And you make me feel a bit uncomfortable to be honest....

Hard to put my finger on. It might be because no matter how many disagreements or mickey taking i've had with anyone else on here, in the end I think they are OK. And that we all realise we are just on the internet  talking about football. But you....

With you I sense anger, like i have genuinely offended you. Maybe it's cos unlike most of the others you don't have the humour to take things with a pinch of salt, or to have a debate.

Well it feels a bit weird to me. Maybe I should take the advice of that gambling ad.. When the fun stops, stop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

A gang of around 20 hooded supporters...Some of the group are believed to be members of United’s notorious “Men In Black” hooligan firm turned up at Edward Woodward's house.

Seems ManU fans have previous:

In October 2010, a mob of 30 fans turned up at Wayne Rooney’s former mansion in Prestbury, Cheshire. His crime?  He'd spoken of his desire to quit Old Trafford. He was 'warned' not to sign for rivals Manchester City.

In October 2004, vandals daubed paint over the Jaguar, an Audi and over parts of the house of Manchester United director Maurice Watkins in Heaton Moor, south Manchester. His crime? Selling his club shares to the Glazers.

Seems they like a bit of 'political posturing' in Trafford.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes, that Fernandes supposed to be useful. They reckon he’s like a young Fred.

Bit unfair that one. Reminds me a bit of Lampard with plenty of goals and assists. Fred was a panic buy when Fabinho preferred LFC. They should have gone for Bruno in the summer instead of spunking all their cash on VVD/TAA wannabees???? 

• Like 1

Bruno Fernandes has 8 goals to his name in 17 matches this season,impressive.

Not knowing what position that was from, I am presuming midfield.

In 137 games for his former club 63 goals ,52 assist that's more than impressive.  

19 appearances for Portugal.  

To the knockers Fred has shown huge improvement over the last few games ,his energy can be contagious,no denying his efforts of late.It was Mata,against OGS wishes, that suggested he take that late free kick against City as at practice the day before he had been banging them in from that position.

Always a gamble anyone like Bruno coming into a stronger league but will be interesting how OGS will sort out the midfield with Mc Tominay and Pogba still to come back.Things are looking up

Igahlo is purely a short term loan option, they just had to get someone in.

I don't really remember him at Watford but his record stands at 40 goals in 100 games for them so obviously knows his way round the box.

Rashford is a big worry ,stress fractures in fast bowlers in cricket take an age to repair themselves.While there is no direct comparison between the sports its not a quick fix and it was always my fear as I posted before that he was just playing too many games and taking on the responsibility of being the one to score goals .I wish Martial had that desire.

Lastly lot of "hate" continues to breed unchecked in our game. To some its a natural instinct which indicates their lack of mental capacity.Only takes one  incident during someones life to set some people off.

I thought karma was in full force when the Tranmere Rovers keeper prior to the match said he and his family "hated" MU. Nice "quote" to mention during the oppositions pre game talk

Probably hated them even more having to take the ball out of the back of the net 6 times

I would love to know what your scouts have seen in my local team keeper Nathan Bishop to want to sign him from Southend. 

Granted, he has been behind a shocking defence when he has played but had his chance because of the inept performances of Oxley,  but tbh when I’ve seen him he’s been worse hence why he got dropped and they bought back Oxley. 

Hard to believe there aren’t better 20yr old keepers around to give a chance to but I guess that’s why the scouts have their jobs. Must of seen something they liked. 

Wish him all all the best. Seems a nice lad and must be a dream come true. 

Edited by Kadilo