The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, champers said:

But not the judge. Guilty, 21 months suspended sentence, he will appeal.

Silly boy putting himself in a place with the potential for trouble in the first place. He could have gone somewhere private and secluded, had a few beers, chilled out with family and friends and come home relaxed.

Apparently his lawyer's defence was that he's never got close enough to anyone to kick them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Says the guy constantly trolling in the City thread for months re “cheating” etc and wasn’t even man enough to admit that he got it wrong once the investigation was complete .....so <deleted> and suck it up. 

I've held my counsel pretty much since then. But they were found guilty of obstructing the investigations of the governing body.

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't ya just love the TV footie forum kangaroo court. Judge Champers presiding (as usual).

This is a man everyone's forgotten about, who supports a team everyone one's forgotten about, from a place everyone's forgotten about.

Do forgive him for sitting in his Pattaya condo drinking warm Chang in his Power Ranger boxer shorts, spouting mock outrage at Maguire. There aren't many ways he can keep himself relevant ????

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This is a man everyone's forgotten about, who supports a team everyone one's forgotten about, from a place everyone's forgotten about.

Do forgive him for sitting in his Pattaya condo drinking warm Chang in his Power Ranger boxer shorts, spouting mock outrage at Maguire. There aren't many ways he can keep himself relevant ????

.......and if it was a player playing for any other team you would be doing exactly the same so quit with the holier than thou b.ollox. 

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Leo, not Chang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Leo, not Chang.

So not denying the Power Rangers then Champers?

As an aside I heard Charlie Adams is training with yourselves. He said he has had a few offers but will see how it goes. Do you think you will manage to keep hold of him.?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

So not denying the Power Rangers then Champers?

As an aside I heard Charlie Adams is training with yourselves. He said he has had a few offers but will see how it goes. Do you think you will manage to keep hold of him.?

Played in a friendly for us yesterday v Wigan. We lost 5-1, so not a given that we even want him. I think he will get better offers than from us, probably in League 1. 

1 minute ago, champers said:

Played in a friendly for us yesterday v Wigan. We lost 5-1, so not a given that we even want him. I think he will get better offers than from us, probably in League 1. 

He said he has offers from abroad and from Scotland recently and was just weighing everything up. 
Suggested it wasn’t about the money anymore just about enjoyment which is probably just as well ????

........anyway, back to your warm Leo 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've held my counsel pretty much since then. But they were found guilty of obstructing the investigations of the governing body.

We said right at the outset we had already given UEFA everything and we wouldn't answer anything further that was associated with Der Spiegel and stolen e-mails. Fair enough that. 

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We said right at the outset we had already given UEFA everything and we wouldn't answer anything further that was associated with Der Spiegel and stolen e-mails. Fair enough that. 

I'm not the one who brought it up... but to say I have carried on any witch hunt since then is not correct.

Kadilo is comparing holding gazillionaires to account with the army of numb skull English fans going after a guy who got involved in a fracas on holiday.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

with the army of numb skull English fans going after a guy who got involved in a fracas on holiday.

Funny enough I read an article earlier in which it compares the lambasting Sterling got for things like paying 80 quid for a flight to go on holiday to buying his parents a house. It compared that to how lightly Maguire has got off. There was more of a hoo ha when Sterling got in an argument with that Liverpool player and dropped for a match than what Maguire has had

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not the one who brought it up... but to say I have carried on any witch hunt since then is not correct.

Kadilo is comparing holding gazillionaires to account with the army of numb skull English fans going after a guy who got involved in a fracas on holiday.

The fact is you trolled for months with the same daily digs in the City tread and even once they were found innocent of the charge you never had the grace to apologise and admit you got it wrong. 

Im comparing nothing, you got it wrong on both accounts. Maguire has been found guilty of a serious offence, lied to everyone including the England manager and now wants us to believe that “If anything, myself, family and friends are the victim”. 

Who exactly is the numbskull here?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny enough I read an article earlier in which it compares the lambasting Sterling got for things like paying 80 quid for a flight to go on holiday to buying his parents a house. It compared that to how lightly Maguire has got off. There was more of a hoo ha when Sterling got in an argument with that Liverpool player and dropped for a match than what Maguire has had

......and we all know why that is. 

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't agree with any treatment Sterling got for the above mentioned situations, but with regards to Gomez (said Liverpool player) situation he really doesn't help himself with his Twitter-ing gob.

He still carried on with it after Liverpool had smashed the title this season with another trolling antagonistic post on Twitter again directed at Gomez after City thrashed Liverpool when it counted for nothing. So he obviously didn't give a toss about what was said in that regard this first time. Then got all cocky about making the CL semis on Twitter before you had, that worked out well. 

Total side point, but worth mentioning. ????

20 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't agree with any treatment Sterling got for the above mentioned situations, but with regards to Gomez (said Liverpool player) situation he really doesn't help himself with his Twitter-ing gob.

He still carried on with it after Liverpool had smashed the title this season with another trolling antagonistic post on Twitter again directed at Gomez after City thrashed Liverpool when it counted for nothing. So he obviously didn't give a toss about what was said in that regard this first time. Then got all cocky about making the CL semis on Twitter before you had, that worked out well. 

Total side point, but worth mentioning. ????

You totally left out that it was Gomez big mouth that started the fracas off between them. Also worth mentioning but digresses from the original point I was making. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

The fact is you trolled for months with the same daily digs in the City tread and even once they were found innocent of the charge you never had the grace to apologise and admit you got it wrong. 

Im comparing nothing, you got it wrong on both accounts. Maguire has been found guilty of a serious offence, lied to everyone including the England manager and now wants us to believe that “If anything, myself, family and friends are the victim”. 

Who exactly is the numbskull here?

Stop holding footballers to account like politicians. They are very well paid 20 or 30 yr olds who are human beings and make mistake sometimes. I personally couldn't give a <deleted> about England, and I'm pretty sure Maguire isn't overly concerned.

His job isn't to represent depressed West Ham fans starved of anything approaching success, and relying on England to offer them some kind of happiness. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

You totally left out that it was Gomez big mouth that started the fracas off between them. Also worth mentioning but digresses from the original point I was making. 

It was Sterling's big Jessy antics that made it "news". Get on with it Nancy.

42 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

His job isn't to represent depressed West Ham fans starved of anything approaching success, and relying on England to offer them some kind of happiness. 

Seriously Is that your best come back ????

No it’s to represent his club, the one he tried to boast about to the Police that he “leads” and set an example to the two younger team members  that travelled with him. 

He also has a responsibility to his country’s manager who took a huge risk by sticking with his concocted story and has now made a total mug out of him. 

As I said before anyone else from any other club and you would be doing your usual trolling for weeks on end but cos he’s from United you’ve got your head stuck up your a.rse

blaming everyone else apart from the arrogant p.rick who caused it all. 

Edited by Kadilo

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No it’s to represent his club, the one he tried to boast about to the Police that he “leads” and set an example to the two younger team members  that travelled with him. 

He also has a responsibility to his country’s manager who took a huge risk by sticking with his concocted story and has now made a total mug out of him. 

As I said before anyone else from any other club and you would be doing your usual trolling for weeks on end but cos he’s from United you’ve got your head stuck up your a.rse

blaming everyone else apart from the arrogant p.rick who caused it all. 

As our club captain obviously it's a concern. But I remember Roy Keane spent a night in the cells, and pretty soon after that he cleaned up his act and started looking after himself extremely well. As I said, if Ole would prefer Bruno as skip this is his ideal opportunity to switch.

And to reiterate, anything related to England and Southgate doesn't concern me. Wouldn't be too upset if all United players retired from England tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And to reiterate, anything related to England and Southgate doesn't concern me. Wouldn't be too upset if all United players retired from England tomorrow.

Nor would England. (Well maybe leave us Greenwood just in case he comes on )

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No. Laughing about DeGea. You somehow always lose your sense of humour when the butt of the joke is United or it's players

You used someone getting COVID as a way of making a lame joke about DDG.

In very poor taste. 

• Confused 1