The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You used someone getting COVID as a way of making a lame joke about DDG.

In very poor taste. 

Not sure if you lads have seen this, totally unrelated, but it appears we could all do with a laugh. After Life season 2, an outtake that you don't need any reference to laugh at. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Attacking Midfielder

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Attacking Midfielder

Really? I've also read he's good going forward but his best position is no 6. Was thinking he might be a possible Matic eventual  replacement, especially with the other 2 mid positions sewn up.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, RickG16 said:

If this comes off I think he will fit the profile United are looking for,good age and anyone coming out of Ajax seems to have a good attitude and football education like former Daley Blind who I always though United should have kept.Took the liberty of contacting an old Dutch teammate who still follows Ajax and while not a United supporter believes he will be a valuable part of the team because he can go forward and score goals,has a good a temperament and at 6 ft is also a decent defender at set pieces.

Next season is going to be brutal due to the number of games.Fernando and Pogba, if he commits, can't possible play every game and Fred has fallen short,too hot and cold,Matic will need regular resting.Then there is Grealish who I am sure is still on the "wanted" list as he can provide some flair.

United it seems can forget about Sancho and the problem still exists that we don't have "natural" wingers. Both Greenwood and Rashford desire to cut back inside, rather than cross, and let fly.Seville exposed that flaw when they set up a human wall of players in the box to block shots backed up by a keeper that had a blinder. Greenwood is far more effective than Rashford in the box

United are in the process of signing 2 Spanish youngsters both defenders and around 17 I think and they will go into the under 23's.I hope that method of producing players will continue

Despite United going another season without a trophy the fact that they only won 2 of their first 9 games and pulled back the 14 points to overhaul Leicester , getting into the CL was more important. A decent season for me and with the youngest team currently going round the future looks promising.

Some players obviously have to leave or go out on loan seems a log jam there

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

If this comes off I think he will fit the profile United are looking for,good age and anyone coming out of Ajax seems to have a good attitude and football education like former Daley Blind who I always though United should have kept.Took the liberty of contacting an old Dutch teammate who still follows Ajax and while not a United supporter believes he will be a valuable part of the team because he can go forward and score goals,has a good a temperament and at 6 ft is also a decent defender at set pieces.

Next season is going to be brutal due to the number of games.Fernando and Pogba, if he commits, can't possible play every game and Fred has fallen short,too hot and cold,Matic will need regular resting.Then there is Grealish who I am sure is still on the "wanted" list as he can provide some flair.

United it seems can forget about Sancho and the problem still exists that we don't have "natural" wingers. Both Greenwood and Rashford desire to cut back inside, rather than cross, and let fly.Seville exposed that flaw when they set up a human wall of players in the box to block shots backed up by a keeper that had a blinder. Greenwood is far more effective than Rashford in the box

United are in the process of signing 2 Spanish youngsters both defenders and around 17 I think and they will go into the under 23's.I hope that method of producing players will continue

Despite United going another season without a trophy the fact that they only won 2 of their first 9 games and pulled back the 14 points to overhaul Leicester , getting into the CL was more important. A decent season for me and with the youngest team currently going round the future looks promising.

Some players obviously have to leave or go out on loan seems a log jam there

I think we might see Fred and maybe Peirera depart.

Glad that this puts real pressure on Pogba to perform.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

BBC reporting done deal with Ajax, thanks Edwin.In the region of 40 million pound, good deal with 5 yr contract.If he was English could be 50% more????

About half the price Grealish would have cost I think and proven at a much higher level.

Throw in Sancho and a centre back and it's starting to look like a good transfer window.

Serious question... all things considered would you rather sign Sancho or Messi?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you serious? MESSI, of the, and possibly THE greatest footballers in the world, EVER.

True but Sancho is about 10 years younger so could work out to be a better long term investment.

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah especially since you found out you have no chance of signing him. 

None of us know just how effective either signing would be.

Signing Messi could win you a major trophy, or worse case scenario he doesn't live up to his own standards, turns your club into a circus, and costs you a <deleted>load of money. 

Sancho might not turn out to be as good as we hoped, or best case scenario he's a United regular in a winning team for the next 10 years.

Edited by RickG16
Kadilo is a loser

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Signing Messi could win you a major trophy, or worse case scenario he doesn't live up to his own standards, turns your club into a circus, and costs you a <deleted>load of money. 

Sancho might not turn out to be as good as we hoped, or best case scenario he's a United regular in a winning team for the next 10 years.

Messi would never sign for Solskjaer so it's not even worth discussing further. Ancelotti, maybe. But the truth is OGS is an awful manager and it does not matter if he does really well. The question will always be; can you do better with a better coach. Good end to the season but that <deleted> in defence has really messed up and it's no surprise united are staying tight lipped on his future, he may not even have one.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Messi will not come to United and why would it even be considered by United to even try as they are obviously building a team for the future. Players being targeted are to build a team that can improve.I and many others said it will take 3 years and we are only into year one. Messi is a fantastic player but might just find playing in the more physical PL might not be his cup of tea. Predict is will be a kiss and make up and he will see out his time and stay for at least 2 more years at Barca.

14 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Messi would never sign for Solskjaer so it's not even worth discussing further. Ancelotti, maybe. But the truth is OGS is an awful manager and it does not matter if he does really well. The question will always be; can you do better with a better coach. Good end to the season but that <deleted> in defence has really messed up and it's no surprise united are staying tight lipped on his future, he may not even have one.

What do you base you assertion on OGS being an awful manager apart from bias?

Look where they were and where they are now, back in the CL and playing eye catching football or would you rather go back to the Mourhino and Van Gaal style ?

As for defence this last season they had more clean sheets than the previous season and only conceded 3 more goals than Liverpool and 18 less that Chelsea.

Of course the defence can be improved so can scoring more at the other end, its a process, doesn't happen overnight, ask Klopp

• Like 1

Only time will tell if OGS will be up to the same level as the great Sir Alex.  Personally I am skeptical but let's give him at least 2-3 years.  If you have not won anything by then it's Ole out. 

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

What do you base you assertion on OGS being an awful manager apart from bias?

Look where they were and where they are now, back in the CL and playing eye catching football or would you rather go back to the Mourhino and Van Gaal style ?

As for defence this last season they had more clean sheets than the previous season and only conceded 3 more goals than Liverpool and 18 less that Chelsea.

Of course the defence can be improved so can scoring more at the other end, its a process, doesn't happen overnight, ask Klopp

Is this guy serious?

So your a man utd fan and you are saying your manager is a top manager?

Because if you cannot say that then does your team not deserve better?

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You're the one who isn't serious, dummy.

You come on here sounding like some kind of wannabe Sky Sports News reporter "the club are remaining tight lipped on his future". I mean which normal person actually speaks like that on an internet forum?

The reason the club aren't commenting on Ole's future is that the press realise his job is stable. The "top manager" you talk of, that would be along the lines of Mourinho or LVG would it? I think even those who dislike United can see we have tried that approach and now we are going with a younger manager, who is less experienced. Funny that!

Just respect yourself and others on this forum by at least bringing a little bit of football acumen to the table. At the moment you sound like the kind of bloke who watches the World Cup and a couple of champions league games a season and somehow thinks his views are worth listening to.

Maybe practice what you preach and stop the childish name calling as soon as someone posts something you don’t agree with. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You're the one who isn't serious, dummy.

You come on here sounding like some kind of wannabe Sky Sports News reporter "the club are remaining tight lipped on his future". I mean which normal person actually speaks like that on an internet forum?

The reason the club aren't commenting on Ole's future is that the press realise his job is stable. The "top manager" you talk of, that would be along the lines of Mourinho or LVG would it? I think even those who dislike United can see we have tried that approach and now we are going with a younger manager, who is less experienced. Funny that!

Just respect yourself and others on this forum by at least bringing a little bit of football acumen to the table. At the moment you sound like the kind of bloke who watches the World Cup and a couple of champions league games a season and somehow thinks his views are worth listening to.

What we got here then a complete and utter numpty in a red devil's shirt. Read on and learn:

Tight lipped statement was referring to the <deleted> in defence that got kidnapped and legged it leaving his Mrs with a bunch of kidnappers in a car.

So what the blooming hell are you doing getting your wires crossed like that and referring OGS?

The stupidest comeback I ever saw on any forum ever. 

Your man looks young but he speaks like a child and is way out of his depth but I guess you liked milky bars as a kid so I understand.

You want respect. Learn to read first then learn your team's a bunch of nomarks along with your fan base and then when your relegated in the next 3 years let's chat then about how good OGS was. 

Until then. He's shiiiit.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

None of us know that

Even you know numpty. I've asked straight questions and your going missing all of you so called die hards.

Decent team united not as far off the pace as you all think and the only addition that you really need is a good manager and a bit of luck in the transfer market.

Pogba - drama queen and covid19

Shaw - screaming queen

Maguire - captain kidnap

Degea - top to flop faster than you can say djemba djemba

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Hna said:

Even you know numpty. I've asked straight questions and your going missing all of you so called die hards.

Decent team united not as far off the pace as you all think and the only addition that you really need is a good manager and a bit of luck in the transfer market.

Pogba - drama queen and covid19

Shaw - screaming queen

Maguire - captain kidnap

Degea - top to flop faster than you can say djemba djemba

I'm always interested in case studies of complete retards with an obsession about United.

So which team do you support?

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm always interested in case studies of complete retards with an obsession about United.

So which team do you support?

I'm always interested in Muppets who have no balls and know less about football than 11 year old girls. 

Good morning how does it feel to be over achieving in 3rd?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

I'm always interested in Muppets who have no balls and know less about football than 11 year old girls. 

Good morning how does it feel to be over achieving in 3rd?

Very coy aren't we.....

I have the feeling you've posted on here before. What do we think chaps is this the second coming of R2D2? 

• Confused 1