The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/54055249

We're talking about 21 year old Foden and 18 year old Greenwood. How many 18 year olds do you know that can lead a 21 year old astray?

Typical of your reporting style.  Try to make it look worse and exaggerate to suit your narrative. 

Making it look like there's 3 years gap. Foden is 20 not 21 and Greenwood is 19 next month. There is a mere 17 months between the 2 not 3 years.

Also. Man City have already issued an official statement condemning Foden's actions. Have United issued one yet? Probably still thinking up an excuse for him as to why he did it. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Typical of your reporting style.  Try to make it look worse and exaggerate to suit your narrative. 

Making it look like there's 3 years gap. Foden is 20 not 21 and Greenwood is 19 next month. There is a mere 17 months between the 2 not 3 years.

Also. Man City have already issued an official statement condemning Foden's actions. Have United issued one yet? Probably still thinking up an excuse for him as to why he did it. 

Sorry sorry I forgot... Foden is the father in a long term relationship.

Hope that little rat stays away from our players, don't want them mixing with his sort.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, champers said:

It's a sad day in football when you can't celebrate your first England cap with an awesome foursome, bedding a couple of local floozies. What is the world coming to?

Throw in a bottle of Jack Daniels and some blow.

• Like 1

Keane: "He's a United born player. The only valid reason for a United player to be in a room with a City player should be to kick his shin, give him a black eye or two and get out. What's happened to footballers these days? Get rid of 'em."

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Gets Ryan Giggs number and starts doing what Ryan used to do off the pitch

Harsh. Should also remember there are no other United players on the trip so I don't think it's so strange he was in the company of Foden. 

What we know is now is that Foden is a bad egg.

Edited by RickG16

9 hours ago, champers said:

It's a sad day in football when you can't celebrate your first England cap with an awesome foursome, bedding a couple of local floozies. What is the world coming to?

Not in the same room as a city player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Harsh. Should also remember there are no other United players on the trip so I don't think it's so strange he was in the company of Foden. 

What we know is now is that Foden is a bad egg.

Seems from the reports so far that Greenwood did all the prep work on Instagram with one of the Girls before they arrived. 

They have been set up  by the oldest trick in the book. Couple of wannabees recording and videoing their conversations, then contacting the Sun to make some headlines and a quick buck.

Beggars belief that they would not have been warned about this type of thing but I guess at that age the hormones take over the brain. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Seems from the reports so far that Greenwood did all the prep work on Instagram with one of the Girls before they arrived. 

They have been set up  by the oldest trick in the book. Couple of wannabees recording and videoing their conversations, then contacting the Sun to make some headlines and a quick buck.

Beggars belief that they would not have been warned about this type of thing but I guess at that age the hormones take over the brain. 

Doesn't matter. Greenwood is the teenager who is not in a relationship or got a kid. Foden shouldn't have gone along with it in that case.

Yeah it seems they fell for it, but at that age they still have a lot to learn about life and having 'celebrity status'. It can happen...

Going back to Maguire. I'd think you would realise having lived in a foreign country that when people who are not accustomed to the place have a few beers and things go wrong, it is stacked against the. If the police aren't out for a quick buck, they want to make a name for themselves. But all of a sudden the Greek justice system is untouchable and Maguire is a bad guy for protecting his sister. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't matter. Greenwood is the teenager who is not in a relationship or got a kid. Foden shouldn't have gone along with it in that case.

Yeah it seems they fell for it, but at that age they still have a lot to learn about life and having 'celebrity status'. It can happen...

Going back to Maguire. I'd think you would realise having lived in a foreign country that when people who are not accustomed to the place have a few beers and things go wrong, it is stacked against the. If the police aren't out for a quick buck, they want to make a name for themselves. But all of a sudden the Greek justice system is untouchable and Maguire is a bad guy for protecting his sister. 

Pretty pointless trying to blame one over the other. It’s clear they both represented their country, knew the rules and acted like children discussing how to smuggle a couple of slappers into the hotel. The fact they thought they could get away with it in this day and age just shows how thick the majority of footballers really are, of any age. 

As for Maguire as you want to raise him again. Different situation altogether. Not a child, Committed crimes against the Police and lied through his teeth to try and cover his a.rse. 

Im not buying all this tosh re his sister and nor are most people. Even if it was true that his sister had been attacked by these mystery Albanians it has nothing to do with his actions re assaulting the Police and the alleged kidnap. From one of the solicitors I think it was following Maguire statement:

"Maguire claims that he feared he was being kidnapped yet his response is to run away and call his agent, leaving behind his fiancé, brothers and sister and childhood friends. Even if you accepted this as true, which I don't, these are not the actions of an honourable man.”

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

My contact,family related, who works at Carrington has been on about a young player Hannibal Mejbri's talent. I think he joined the United Academy last year.Great name,17 or 18 old ? and a mane like a lion but watching a goal he scored against Salford last night ,and obviously one game doesn't prove anything, but it was an absolute screamer which he apparently does regularly at training. Guess its on you tube.

Final result United Under 21's 6 v Salford City 0.  

Hard to believe we are almost into another season. Not sure quite a few players are ready at many clubs.Injuries may well be a decisive factor 

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

My contact,family related, who works at Carrington has been on about a young player Hannibal Mejbri's talent. I think he joined the United Academy last year.Great name,17 or 18 old ? and a mane like a lion but watching a goal he scored against Salford last night ,and obviously one game doesn't prove anything, but it was an absolute screamer which he apparently does regularly at training. Guess its on you tube.

Final result United Under 21's 6 v Salford City 0.  

Hard to believe we are almost into another season. Not sure quite a few players are ready at many clubs.Injuries may well be a decisive factor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, RickG16 said:

Stupid name, stupid hair, bright future. 

Give him a break, being named "Hannibal" might be a great marketing tool???? Might be considered normal where he comes from. Hair, following in Chong's footsteps.I give these kids a break we all did things in our youth we now think as naive or stupid. 

Nicky Butt is giving some of these kids a huge wrap,not a guy that usually gets over excited. If you can "grow your own" from a young age sure beats paying some of the ridiculous transfer figures being bandied about. Van de Beek 39 m quid while 80 m quid be asked for Jack Grealish. The premium for being British is off the scale.   

19 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Give him a break, being named "Hannibal" might be a great marketing tool???? Might be considered normal where icomes from. Hair, following in Chong's footsteps.I give these kids a break we all did things in our youth we now think as naive or stupid. 

Nicky Butt is giving some of these kids a huge wrap,not a guy that usually gets over excited. If you can "grow your own" from a young age sure beats paying some of the ridiculous transfer figures being bandied about. Van de Beek 39 m quid while 80 m quid be asked for Jack Grealish. The premium for being British is off the scale.   

Yeah I don't really have a problem with his name or hair was just kidding.

I watched the highlights of the friendly with Villa. Lingard played so that could suggest he is staying. Also I think we still need to ship out Jones, Smalling and maybe Periera. 

Rashford was terrible apparently. He really does need to step up his game this season.