The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

The Glazers! You gotta love 'em!!

Eh20eHGWsAMc6a7.jpg

This is one of those stats you need to give a tiny bit of thought to chaps... Of course we don't need as much owner financing, because we make more money than any other club in the world! 

That's why they bought the club.

Next! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just look at ManUs outgoings to the yanks - the last five years from 2014/15 to 2018/19 (the last season when accounts are available.

Just think what your club could have done with that money.

Great owners you are lumbered with.

Screenshot_20200914-205453_Chrome.jpg

Yes our owners may not be ideal but this is the real world and a free market. People want to buy very successful businesses which run themselves.

You don't look for businesses which leak money and need propping up. 

Our fans could do nothing about the takeover anyway, and our muscle in the transfer market doesn't seem to have been impacted. 

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

The Glazers! You gotta love 'em!!

They slag our owners off who put loads of money into and yet their owners siphon their money and take it to prop up business in the US of A . They're being taken for the longest ride in history and are oblivious to it ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

They slag our owners off who put loads of money into and yet their owners siphon their money and take it to prop up business in the US of A . They're being taken for the longest ride in history and are oblivious to it ????

As Klopp rightly said, we can't all be owned by countries and oligarchs. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You only said that to get a like from BangrakBob and it worked. If you say anything positive about Klipperty you'll get a like from Bob ????

Don't really care about likes from anyone. Thought you'd know that much about me at least.

Over the years there have been many times when people from both sides have acknowledged Liverpool and United's similarities - Fergie, Dalgeish etc have done it, perhaps begrudgingly, in the past. We are the two biggest clubs in Britain, but it's not just that. On this occasion there is a clear synergy in terms of the profile of the owners,  and the difference between us and say Chelsea, City, and the other clubs dripping with 'new money'.

So that was why I quoted Klopp.

• Like 2

Ole just revealed that he requested for Mason to be left out of the England squad. Southgate obviously sees him as an easy touch and ignored. This has to stop...

I don't care if it's a stubbed toe or period pain... we need to get out players out of England duty as much as we can this season.

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Ole just revealed that he requested for Mason to be left out of the England squad. Southgate obviously sees him as an easy touch and ignored. This has to stop...

I don't care if it's a stubbed toe or period pain... we need to get out players out of England duty as much as we can this season.

Haha he's no Alec Ferguson is he....mortal like the rest of us. I hope all your players get called up to play for England, even the foreigners 

• Haha 2

Solskjaer what a joke. Greenwood disgraces himself for England and now he's trying to alienate the lad from his country. He should be busting a gut to get that shame behind him. Already got the laughing stock of greece ousted out the team. 

Gone by Christmas.

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jack Hna said:

Muscle in the transfer market.

Every player you sign is the 3rd choice and every player you sign no one else wants.

When you do sign a player your getting ripped.

Leeds united are the new united of the prem. It's over for you. Your team's looking at top 10 if you are lucky.

Prem champions 2013 

Relegated from prem by 2023

Stranger things have happened.

Solskjaer is your manager after all.

Quote "Every player you sign is 3rd choice or no one else wants"

Yeah right : Fernando and Donny van de Beek, who would ever want them ?

Just when you log in and think that this coming season comment imput might have some substance some ignorant clown comes along and lowers the bar. Great pity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

I've no idea what you are talking about, hence the non-response.

Why wouldn't you use your real name signing up to the fantasy league. It's obvious...being a crook doesn't make you a bad person of course. I expect there's plenty in Thailand.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why wouldn't you use your real name signing up to the fantasy league. It's obvious...being a crook doesn't make you a bad person of course. I expect there's plenty in Thailand.

I am flattered by your interest Rick....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 2