The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Balo give us the lowdown on Odegard please. Is he cut out for the Prem?

Nobody knows yet,  he has not been fit for 90 minutes in Spain since he played for Sociedad.  Also struggled with a knee injury for some time. I'll guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

Need to respond here. Was looking like it was going to be the tough game, not Sheffield Utd... They've been Ole's bogey team so far. Can't remember us ever having a worse run against Arsenal than our current one. Not that it'll make up for losing here, but it'll help cover it up at least. Must win when before a draw would've been OK in the grand scheme of things.

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Rashford Bruno Pogba
Cavani

Martial absolutely needs to be left on the bench. Greenwood to be subbed on before him sort of thing.

On 28/01/2021 at 11:29 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

I've noticed ManU being called "The moments team" (a team of moments).

Why is your home form poor (but away form good)?

Why do you go behind (before coming back)?

What is the bus driver doing to address these 2 problems?

@RickG16

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I can tell when you are in a mischief making mood.... can't your missus give you something to do around the house? 

I thought you liked things like this...or do you only like asking others questions on their team?

To be honest, the questions were asked with sincerity as I wished to know a ManU fans opinion(I don't know as I don't watch you often). So over to you.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:29 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

I've noticed ManU being called "The moments team" (a team of moments).

Why is your home form poor (but away form good)?

Why do you go behind (before coming back)?

What is the bus driver doing to address these 2 problems?

It's an anomoly of the lockdown seasons I think

We always look good for conceding a goal and often start games poorly, but have the firepower and mentality to claw it back (some of the time). 

Ole said in his last press conference that United fans would rather be winning 3-2 than 1-0... but that of course the aim was to be winning 3-0 not 3-2! I think that sums it up. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's an anomoly of the lockdown seasons I think

We always look good for conceding a goal and often start games poorly, but have the firepower and mentality to claw it back (some of the time). 

Ole said in his last press conference that United fans would rather be winning 3-2 than 1-0... but that of course the aim was to be winning 3-0 not 3-2! I think that sums it up. 

At the moment (that word again) you see seem a team of individuals and the quality of a few individuals saves the <deleted> of the rest (the CBs in particular).

We seem to be very decent in defence and midfield, but Foden aside, none of our attackers are having a decent season ( Aguero - injured, Jesus - injured, no confidence, Sterling and Mahrez 6/10s too often).

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We seem to be very decent in defence and midfield, but Foden aside, none of our attackers are having a decent season ( Aguero - injured, Jesus - injured, no confidence, Sterling and Mahrez 6/10s too often).

I think the way you play is so fluid it doesn't really matter who is classed as a striker and who isn't.

But, there is still a long way to go this season. One bad result and any time can go on a losing run. Having said that, I would be very surprised if Sheff U come up with anything like the performance they did at OT. Like it or not, playing United is still the Cup Final for most teams. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

But, there is still a long way to go this season. One bad result and any time can go on a losing run

Definitely. Look at the table a month a go to now which shows how quickly it can change. If you don't win a game you're screwed. We are only at the halfway mark, and as they say in Stingray kiddies, "Anything can happen in the next half hour...".

Manchester United player ratings: Luke Shaw and Fred good vs Arsenal

Man United were left to rue missed chances at Arsenal in a goalless draw and here are how the players rated at the Emirates Stadium.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-player-ratings-arsenal-19736016

Manchester United reveal referee was wrong on goal decisions vs Sheffield United

Sheffield United's opening goal at Old Trafford was allowed to stand but Anthony Martial's apparent equaliser wasn't and Man United lost.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-news-decisions-maguire-19744118

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United reveal referee was wrong on goal decisions vs Sheffield United

Sheffield United's opening goal at Old Trafford was allowed to stand but Anthony Martial's apparent equaliser wasn't and Man United lost.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-news-decisions-maguire-19744118

I can see why Ole raised it... put more pressure on the officials for next time.

But let's be honest we were dire. And I hope he got the hair dryer out behind closed doors. 

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Looks like we have lost out on Upmecano as he is heading to Bayern. Time will tell whether it is wise not to strengthen the defence in January. 

I always thought once Bayern come knocking, thats where he would go almost guaranteed to win trophy's 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Looks like we have lost out on Upmecano as he is heading to Bayern. Time will tell whether it is wise not to strengthen the defence in January. 

The time was right to do it now, not next season this board is getting on my nerves, 

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The time was right to do it now, not next season this board is getting on my nerves, 

But don't you risk unsettling the dressing room at this stage of the season? Bailly was coming into decent form  and Lindelof + Maguire isn't the worst partnership. Isn't it tricky to throw in a new player next to Maguire and expect them to have an understanding?

I can see both side of the argument to be honest.

Manchester United player ratings: Luke Shaw and Edinson Cavani good vs Southampton

Man United inflicted a rare thrashing on Southampton at Old Trafford to go level on points with Man City and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-southampton-19756445

On 2/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, RickG16 said:

Wouldn't lose any sleep over him. Seen him  have a couple of shockers as all defender do.  Growing your own is going to be the future and club is investing a lot of money in promising Academy players a few might just make it to the point where investment in them is justified. Watching the kids via the clubs web site Hugil and McNeil are outstanding forward talents and Teden Mengi,18, a CB, is coming along nicely at Derby. If only Bailly could keep fit, so frustrating for him and coaching staff and supporters

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: Luke Shaw and Edinson Cavani good vs Southampton

Man United inflicted a rare thrashing on Southampton at Old Trafford to go level on points with Man City and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-southampton-19756445

Score line certainly helped the much needed goals for and against which is sometimes worth an extra point at the end of the season. Shaw is proving a revelation. Southampton didn't deserve that result

I always like to see the young guys coming through the academy some good performances along the way

What a win for Manchester United's Under-23s, 6-4 over Blackburn. Shoretire (three), Mejbri, Hugill and Amad, with the goals.

Blackburn have a pretty strong team 

0_GettyImages-1300553505.jpg

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

I remember Bruno has played well against Everton in the past. I get the feeling this is his time to get back to the boil. Talk of a new contract apparently... A fully firing Bruno and we can finish the season that strongly, whether that is 2nd place, a Cup run, or, you never know....

.... It's a weird situation to support the scousers but they have the power to keep the title race alive.