The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Lets get back to football I think it's a perfect game at this time Leeds v United hopefully we get an entertaining game 

I'll have to plump for Leeds in this one. They've taken far too many points off us this season, need them to do the same to you

Watched a lot of Leeds this season year. They are breathe of fresh air and if you just happen to be a Man U defender you better be up for it. I don't think anyone would have thought they would be in 10th place with just handful of games left. Doubt it will be boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Watched a lot of Leeds this season year. They are breathe of fresh air and if you just happen to be a Man U defender you better be up for it. I don't think anyone would have thought they would be in 10th place with just handful of games left. Doubt it will be boring.

Bet City with 10 men didnt they?

16 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Well I got that wrong . Soon as I saw the starting line up with no Pogba and Cavani it was obvious the Europa/ Roma game was the priority ,not sure that was the right move .Top 4 is still a better route to CL. Dan James is willing but Cavani would have eaten the chances James got. Storm knocked out my coverage after half time, probably did me a favour

• Like 1

Well just watched a full replay and obviously Leeds are not so gung ho as they were earlier in the season. AWB and Shaw were I thought outstanding especially AWB ,maybe he knew Southgate was in the stands. Subs were made far too late to make a difference. Their defence was very well organised but going foward made it an easy day for Henderson

Mentioned during commentary Leeds have drawn at home with City ,Chelsea ,Liverpool, Arsenal & now Man United and beaten City away. Quite a season Bielsa must be up there with Moyes for Manager of the year especially on the budget he has had for players.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I'm going to guess at the below starting 11, but if Ole feels he needs McFred then Pogba or Greenwood will be on the bench as we know Rashford won't be.

Screenshot_20210425-171147_Samsung-Internet.jpg

Wouldn't argue with that team unless its felt Matic might bring big game experience but he's not that mobile. Media suggestion that OGS might play youngsters I think we can ignore

Result wasn't looking too flash at HT, school boy defending but soon rectified. Fernandes, Pogba and Cavani all on their game together then its a pleasure to watch. 

Losing Cavani, which is looking more likely, is going to be a major blow. He can't play very game but when he does United are a different team.

Liverpool next up, doubt that will be an easy ride

• Like 1

More from Manchester United's club statement:

"Our fans are passionate about Manchester United, and we completely acknowledge the right to free expression and peaceful protest.

"However, we regret the disruption to the team and actions which put other fans, staff, and the police in danger. We thank the police for their support and will assist them in any subsequent investigations."

The Premier League has also issued a statement about the postponement of the game:

"This is a collective decision from the police, both clubs, the Premier League and local authorities.

"The security and safety of everyone at Old Trafford remains of paramount importance. 

"We understand and respect the strength of feeling but condemn all acts of violence, criminal damage and trespass, especially given the associated Covid-19 breaches. 

"Fans have many channels by which to make their views known, but the actions of a minority seen today have no justification.

"We sympathise with the police and stewards who had to deal with a dangerous situation that should have no place in football.

"The rearrangement of the fixture will be communicated in due course."

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Disgraceful scenes. 

Hold on, this is a cause which 99% of football fans support. United rightly got stick for being one of the Super League ringleaders, so don't you think it's right that our fans have given the strongest reaction?

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hold on, this is a cause which 99% of football fans support. United rightly got stick for being one of the Super League ringleaders, so don't you think it's right that our fans have given the strongest reaction?

It sounds pretty violent outside, picking on people just driving past and the like. I think the stadium protest was great but from coverage people have been watching on foreign channels there's no way it would be safe for the team buses to approach the stadium. Sky were playing it all down of course because they wanted the game played. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Smashing up cameras, throwing flares and bottles at police and in the stands. Reports of Police officers being assaulted.

Sounds worse outside. Surprised the club and police seem to have been so unprepared. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Smashing up cameras, throwing flares and bottles at police and in the stands. Reports of Police officers being assaulted. 

Absolutely disgraceful. 

Just when they were considering allowing fans back in the stadiums, along come the United thugs. 

Hit the club hard for failing to control their mindless morons. Shouldn’t even be considering rescheduling the game. They should forfeit it along with a large number of points and be banned from Europe. 

If you think these American owners are going to be persuaded to sell the club by a nice polite protest I think you are misguided. The world generally doesn't work like that. 

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Sounds worse outside. Surprised the club and police seem to have been so unprepared. 

First time I've seen that and that's obviously unacceptable.

There is a line and they've stepped over it.

To give you some insight boys, the FC United fanbase already has a bad reputation in non league, including grown men attaching teenagers etc. A lot of these blokes are apparently banned from OT and used FCUM as an outlet to behave badly in non league where the stewarding etc is a lot looser. I wouldn't be surprised if these elements of the protests was led by the FC United lot. It's a chance for them to get inside the ground they are banned from.

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If you think these American owners are going to be persuaded to sell the club by a nice polite protest I think you are misguided. The world generally doesn't work like that. 

Protest in this manner is totally unacceptable and I hope you agree. Protest peacefully. Allow the games to continue. Breaking in to private property is a criminal offense and all that can be caught should be banned and charged in court. Totally unacceptable.

I wouldn't blame Liverpool if they'd refused to leave their hotel.

I have no doubt MUFC will get off by the footballing authorities with nothing more than a warning.