Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

The official Manchester United thread 2019


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, champers said:

The owner, an American called Friedkin, is worth $4Billion so he could be going on a spending spree.

But it could also mean that with that much money the owner knows <deleted> about football.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How good is the Maguire, Lindelof pairing....    

Had a scandinavian feel about it this match. Ole is Norwegian  Lindelof Swedish Ericsson Danish Spurs can't Finnish.

Thanks for the good wishes Rick.   Frankly I have got a little tired of that strange man from the blue side of Manchester stalking me and constantly asking "where are you from ?" "where did

Posted Images

I met Alex Ferguson once when he came to my best mate's door after we had got drunk and threw water of the wall at him. He was the next door neighbor and Willie Miller lived across the road. 

Bit of a <deleted> but nice guy, Alex. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Jordan is in great form today. Poking fun at City's '2.5 billion fairytale' to the CL final

Took 'em long enough; even Spurs got there before them.

If they win it perhaps they can bomb out of next season's group stage and try to emulate United's epic Europa League win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly, that's why any attempts to romanticise it are completely ridiculous.

 

Honestly, I haven't seen any attempts to romanticise City getting to the final. Seen plenty of articles saying we played well but nothing I would count as romanticising. Maybe you can post a few links - here or on the City thread - to show the point you are making.

 

Sheikh Mansour's City attempts at reaching a CL final haven't been great, believe it's taken us 12 or 13 seasons of CL participation to reach a final, but that's about the same number of seasons it took Fergie's ManU. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Manchester United’s postponed fixture against Liverpool will now be played on Thursday, May 13, meaning Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will play three Premier League fixtures in just five days.

 

United travel to Aston Villa on Sunday, May 9 and then host Leicester at 6pm on the evening of Tuesday, May 11.

They then host Liverpool two days later in the rescheduled fixture between the two sides.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester United’s postponed fixture against Liverpool will now be played on Thursday, May 13, meaning Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will play three Premier League fixtures in just five days.

 

United travel to Aston Villa on Sunday, May 9 and then host Leicester at 6pm on the evening of Tuesday, May 11.

They then host Liverpool two days later in the rescheduled fixture between the two sides.

It also means that Liverpool have to play United on the 13th then play again 3 days later through no fault of their own  
United should be the ones that are inconvenienced if not punished so no sympathy for their situation. 

They have got off lightly. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

They have got off lightly. 

 

I certainly hope that isn't all they will be getting as punishment. This is the first time a PL match has ever had to be postponed due to violence from fans. A precedent has to be set here to ensure no other morons feel like they can randomly stop a match going ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

 

I certainly hope that isn't all they will be getting as punishment. This is the first time a PL match has ever had to be postponed due to violence from fans. A precedent has to be set here to ensure no other morons feel like they can randomly stop a match going ahead.

There are rumours that they will try and repeat the stunt on 13th. Hopefully police and the club will have their act together this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wilai said:

There are rumours that they will try and repeat the stunt on 13th. Hopefully police and the club will have their act together this time.

I know you and Bob don't post on the Liverpool thread anymore, fair enough, but as a Liverpool fan:

what were your thoughts when the ManU fans stopped the game going ahead,

what do you think should be the repercussions for ManU for the postponement, and,

what do you think about Liverpool's game having to be rearranged to 13th?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

what were your thoughts when the ManU fans stopped the game going ahead,

what do you think should be the repercussions for ManU for the postponement, and,

what do you think about Liverpool's game having to be rearranged to 13th?

A. Disgust at the idiots attacking police and members of the public driving past the ground. Surprise that the Police and club didn't anticipate the problem as it had been widely mentioned on social media in advance.

 

B. I doubt repercussions on the club will have any effect but life bans and court action must be taken against those identified as causing the hooliganism Many of them (including the zebra) should be easy enough to find. Now they have to play three times in a week, possibility of injured players will increase which may affect Europa League chances.

 

C. For me personally, yet another silly o'clock kick off over here.  I think Fat Sam and his boys possibly refused to change the date of our WBA game, hence the 'squeezing in' of the fixture. Think Leicester may benefit as OGS may play a weakened team in the middle game of the three. As far as LFC are concerned, nothing surprises me any more this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wilai said:

A. Disgust at the idiots attacking police and members of the public driving past the ground. Surprise that the Police and club didn't anticipate the problem as it had been widely mentioned on social media in advance.

 

B. I doubt repercussions on the club will have any effect but life bans and court action must be taken against those identified as causing the hooliganism Many of them (including the zebra) should be easy enough to find. Now they have to play three times in a week, possibility of injured players will increase which may affect Europa League chances.

 

C. For me personally, yet another silly o'clock kick off over here.  I think Fat Sam and his boys possibly refused to change the date of our WBA game, hence the 'squeezing in' of the fixture. Think Leicester may benefit as OGS may play a weakened team in the middle game of the three. As far as LFC are concerned, nothing surprises me any more this season.

 

Thanks. I was interested as i hadn't seen much in the media from LFC or its supporters (not saying that there wasn't any just that i hadn't seen any). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Starting 11 for the game against Roma, Im giving Cavani a rest tonight will be needed more against Villa, Bruno on the bench give DVB a game 

0_share_4140c3e8e582c44ef56639b30107a436.png

Would be nice to see Bailly before he gets injured again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...