The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

News is that United are preparing to offer Pogba a new contract of 400k per week, which will make him the highest paid player in the PL !!    I'm sure even the most red tinted United fan would agree this is crazy. Is he really the best in the PL? Don't answer that as I already know it's a NO.

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

News is that United are preparing to offer Pogba a new contract of 400k per week, which will make him the highest paid player in the PL !!    I'm sure even the most red tinted United fan would agree this is crazy. Is he really the best in the PL? Don't answer that as I already know it's a NO.

You are right but he is still a massive asset. Can't let his contract run down and let him go on a free.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are right but he is still a massive asset. Can't let his contract run down and let him go on a free.

If United are offering that amount and 5 year contract now any club interested in him has to match that or does he just run his contract down?

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If United are offering that amount and 5 year contract now any club interested in him has to match that or does he just run his contract down?

If he wants to go I think he'll go. But Pogba showed some promising signs at the end of last season. Just stop playing him in midfield! Liability when he doesn't have Kante next to him.

45 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If he wants to go I think he'll go. But Pogba showed some promising signs at the end of last season. Just stop playing him in midfield! Liability when he doesn't have Kante next to him.

400k per week for someone showing "promising signs" ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Sell him then. His attitude sucks anyway. Not to mention his agent

I don't think there will be much of a market this summer. The new contract buys us some more time.

On his day he is an amazing player. Just wish we would keep him in an attacking role. Don't understand why Ole persists with him in a midfield 2.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That wouldn't happen to be Haaland's agent would it? Probably best keep him sweet! 

The football world should all get together and refuse to do business with anyone who uses him. He'd soon be out of business

The football world should all get together and refuse to do business with anyone who uses him. He'd soon be out of business

Ah... glad to see you haven't unsaddled from that moral high horse!

How about the 100 mil bid for Kane? Are you angry? 

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How about the 100 mil bid for Kane? Are you angry? 

Yep, if true. He isn't worth anything near that and with the Euro's, his stock must be plummeting. However, both clubs currently deny there has been a bid. We, you and others are being linked to every player out there. Journo's trying to sell columns

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep, if true. He isn't worth anything near that and with the Euro's, his stock must be plummeting. However, both clubs currently deny there has been a bid. We, you and others are being linked to every player out there. Journo's trying to sell columns

Well at least you are being consistent in your views... how many players in the world are capable of replacing Aguero though? Or at least try to replace him?

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well at least you are being consistent in your views... how many players in the world are capable of replacing Aguero though? Or at least try to replace him?

That's the scouts job. Don't forget, Aguero wasn't an household name before coming to City. Additionally, we went almost a full season last year without Aguero. Makes you wonder whether our current style needs an out-and-out. Pep insists on a worker, someone who also helps in defensive duties i.e. getting the ball back. Not many strikers do that and Aguero had to change his style or he was gone. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't forget, Aguero wasn't an household name before coming to City. 

Mate... anyone who followed world football a little bit knew he was one of the hottest prospects in the world. Even before he went to Atletico I knew that. 

You could compare him to say, Laturo Martinez on today's market. And quite similar players. But I doubt he would cost you anything less than 100 mil 

Edited by RickG16

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's the scouts job. Don't forget, Aguero wasn't an household name before coming to City. Additionally, we went almost a full season last year without Aguero. Makes you wonder whether our current style needs an out-and-out. Pep insists on a worker, someone who also helps in defensive duties i.e. getting the ball back. Not many strikers do that and Aguero had to change his style or he was gone. 

Also, Kane isn't exactly a slouch off the ball. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mate... anyone who followed world football a little bit knew he was one of the hottest prospects in the world. Even before he went to Atletico I knew that. 

You could compare him to say, Laturo Martinez on today's market. And quite similar players. But I doubt he would cost you anything less than 100 mil 

That's like saying an answer to a question in a quiz is easy cos you know it. Before he came to City I had briefly heard about him, that's it. And at the time, not many others really knew of him. 

That's like saying an answer to a question in a quiz is easy cos you know it. Before he came to City I had briefly heard about him, that's it. And at the time, not many others really knew of him. 

It's almost like you weren't watching South American football on Channel 5 at stupid o'clock.... 

I see Rashford knows where his priorities are!!

He will wait until after the Euro's to decide on a shoulder op. If he has it he will miss the start of the season. Wrong that. If he needs an op he should have it and put the interest of his bread and butter club first. IMO of course

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He will wait until after the Euro's to decide on a shoulder op. If he has it he will miss the start of the season. Wrong that. If he needs an op he should have it and put the interest of his bread and butter club first. IMO of course

He's there now so he might as well offer England what he can.

Not amazing tournament from him so far, Saka looks to have nudged ahead in the pecking order, and there are plenty that think Sancho should be playing.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

He's there now so he might as well offer England what he can.

He's in England, he's not playing in Timbuktu with a 12 hour flight

His loyalty should be with his full time club who pay his salary (and that goes for every other player of other clubs). He should have the op now so that he's ready or thereabouts for the start of the season. I bet SAF wouldn't have stood for it

He's in England, he's not playing in Timbuktu. His loyalty should be with his full time club who pay his salary (and that goes for every other player of other clubs). He should have the op now so that he's ready or thereabouts for the start of the season. I bet SAF wouldn't have stood for it

I get what you are saying, but IMO once you commit to a tournament you should give yourself to the cause (within reason).

Mason should have had a good rest and I'm expecting another attacker to join, so not too concerned. I think we can still hit the ground running without him (hopefully will sign 3-4).

On 6/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, mrbojangles said:

Another aspect is that he's an excellent penalty taker. He might be unfit but agreed to stay there and be brought on for pens.

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Another aspect is that he's an excellent penalty taker. He might be unfit but agreed to stay there and be brought on for pens.

If he was in the remotest bit unfit/injured, SAF would have had his butt dragged back to his club and rightly so IMO