The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this undefeated away record thing we are on the verge of breaking?....

Is it a positive? Or completely meaningless given the tendency to drop points at home. (And away?

Pogba already said he would rather win titles than records

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this undefeated away record thing we are on the verge of breaking?....

Is it a positive? Or completely meaningless given the tendency to drop points at home. (And away?

How many draws in that run? It's nice to go on runs as it builds up confidence but having too many draws in a run won't win you anything

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

How many draws in that run? It's nice to go on runs as it builds up confidence but having too many draws in a run won't win you anything

I agree. And also it's only half the games in a season. Still, probably shows we aren't as bad as some people make out.

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

???? This is the one you lot always pull out after a <deleted> draw...no analysis of that match as per on this thread.  

Everyone was getting a lob on after beating a woeful Leeds, no one acknowledging how bad they got it again, or how the midfield just opened up for you to stroll through. 

As clouded as Rat boy's blind spot. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Hahahaha....this is the one you lot always pull out after a <deleted> draw...no analysis of that match as per on this thread.  

Everyone was getting a lob on after beating a woeful Leeds, no one acknowledging how bad they got it again, or how the midfield just opened up for you to stroll through. 

As clouded as Rat boy's blind spot. 

……..and no players ratings and the usual silence you get when they fail to win. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

???? exactly mate, not even arsed cutting and pasting

There's plenty of analysis all over the papers, I won't attempt to do my own match report unlike some 'sleep therapists'...

I'm not happy with it, but if Ole felt he needed to give Martial one more game before he's dropped for Sancho ok, might turn out to be a good thing.

The midfield is the biggest worry for me. Matic and Fred is a lower midtable midfield IMO. Need to get VDB playing or if not buy someone quick.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, RickG16 said:

There's plenty of analysis all over the papers, I won't attempt to do my own match report unlike some 'sleep therapists'...

I'm not happy with it, but if Ole felt he needed to give Martial one more game before he's dropped for Sancho ok, might turn out to be a good thing.

The midfield is the biggest worry for me. Matic and Fred is a lower midtable midfield IMO. Need to get VDB playing or if not buy someone quick.

Just got back online.  Diabolic display from MU v Southampton starting with seeing another start for Martial who must perform miracles on the training ground to get selected to lead the line ,will never in million years be a no 9. Made a whole 13 touches so will need a rest in the next fixture hopefully. No intent or direction seemed like I was watching a replay in slow motion.

Always supported OGS but if he doesn't get his selection right soon they will be struggling to make even top 4 let alone win a trophy and he will be out of a job.

Don't buy into this Sanches and Varane not ready to play. For heavens sake get them on there and if they get tired sub them. The non selection of DVB continues to mystify. Fred has energy full stop ,he loses the ball so many times and his passing is 2nd rate. Matic after impressing v Everton in the friendly was back to his slow motion ways of last season, its not a midfield going forward to win games and  McTominay hasn't been selected for Scotland as he is carrying a knock.

After seeing the season draw I thought MU would be off to a flyer, winnable early games, simply not good enough  and can't even move players on who are taking up places in the squad.

Tatith Chong was brilliant again for Birmingham rated a 8/10 and while only the Championship that's a very physical competition for a young player, can we bring him back ?

Finally to end the rant. If that's our preferred away kit get rid of it I thought I was watching Chelsea, yellow shorts ,no thanks. 

• Like 1

Stolen from a text to The Guardian:

“Please Man Utd sign Ronaldo. Would be hilarious,” comments cavalier5. “Just when they seem to be getting some kind of unity and cohesion too. He has been a genuinely great goalscorer but is now a black hole that sucks everything in around him. He will have to start every game, will take all the free-kicks and penalties, won’t run or move when they don’t have the ball. What happens to Greenwood? Cavani? A weird [potential] signing.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Rick mate the jizz is running out of your budgie smugglers and down your leg.

Wow.... Incredible! 

Welcome home Cristiano.

I'm actually in 2 minds about whether it's a good idea... But for now... Wow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Wow.... Incredible! 

Welcome home Cristiano.

I'm actually in 2 minds about whether it's a good idea... But for now... Wow.

He;s got the experience & fitness - just look at his goals tally last year..

His shirt sales will cover any costs = money wise no brainer.

I was going to having a bet it on Monday, but ended up at B&Q. Something was simmering & I couldn't see him going to City.

Hopefully brings his winning mentality. Should give the squad a lift.

I just hope we're not paying silly wages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Yesterday the citeh were drooling over the prospect of signing CR7. Today they think he's a has-been and they dodged a bullet. Hilarious.

????

"Drooling" !!! I think the majority of City fans didn't want him, the main joy would have been how much it pee'd off United fans but it's best not sign players just cos it might pee the opposition off. United weren't even after him as you don't need him and then City showed interest, so you had to have him. I reckon we laid a trap and you jumped in again, like with Sanchez.

6 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

His shirt sales will cover any costs = money wise no brainer.

Always surprises me "shirt sales" comments. The vast majority of shirts would be purchased by fans anyway with Sancho/Varane or an existing player's name on them. There maybe some non-utd fans who will blindly follow a player anywhere but most Utd fans will be getting a shirt irrespective of any Ronaldo purchase.

Cristiano Ronaldo's stunning £19.4m move to Manchester United sees shares in the Old Trafford outfit soar by EIGHT PER CENT in just hours as superstar's influence reverberates beyond the pitch following his return

Shares in Manchester United went up by eight per cent on Friday evening

The English side announced that they have agreed to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo 

The club gained more than 1 million Instagram followers after the announcement

Ronaldo boasts the most followers on Instagram and is a worldwide superstar

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

like with Sanchez.

How dare you mention his name in this topic ????

???? Cristiano is not as much of disruptive Prima Donna as he once was but it's sure to ruffle a few feathers. It will test Ole's managerial skills to the limit but will hopefully have a positive outcome. Opposition central defenders may need to carry a mini trampoline with them.

Edited by Caspersfriend
typo
  • Like 2

This transfer window City have missed out on Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Mbappe and Haaland. Even Vlahovic is about to sign a new deal rather than move to City. However, City did pay way over the odds on Grealish, and now need a LB.

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

This transfer window City have missed out on Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Mbappe and Haaland. Even Vlahovic is about to sign a new deal rather than move to City. However, City did pay way over the odds on Grealish, and now need a LB.

Why are you trying to make it sound like they all rejected City? We didn't pursue Messi, we refused to pay Juventus transfer fee for Ronaldo, so pulled out and we refused to meet Levy's fee for Kane, which I stated on here months ago that we wouldn't. As far as I'm aware we never shown any interest in signing Mbappe and haven't made a bid for Haaland, probably due to his agents outlandish demands. 

As for Grealish. It was more than I would have like to pay but fortunately it's not my money. He had a release clause and we met it. Quite clear cut and we'll see if it was worth it in time. A lot of people said 50m was too much for a Chelsea reject (KdB) and look how that turned out ????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wilai said:

Always surprises me "shirt sales" comments. The vast majority of shirts would be purchased by fans anyway with Sancho/Varane or an existing player's name on them. There maybe some non-utd fans who will blindly follow a player anywhere but most Utd fans will be getting a shirt irrespective of any Ronaldo purchase.

Well of course it's not important compared to the playing side but it doesn't hurt does it?

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Why are you trying to make it sound like they all rejected City? We didn't pursue Messi, we refused to pay Juventus transfer fee for Ronaldo, so pulled out and we refused to meet Levy's fee for Kane, which I stated on here months ago that we wouldn't. As far as I'm aware we never shown any interest in signing Mbappe and haven't made a bid for Haaland, probably due to his agents outlandish demands. 

As for Grealish. It was more than I would have like to pay but fortunately it's not my money. He had a release clause and we met it. Quite clear cut and we'll see if it was worth it in time. A lot of people said 50m was too much for a Chelsea reject (KdB) and look how that turned out ????

Can we keep the City talk to a minimum in the United thread please .... ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Possible but I doubt it. Can't really compare the 2 players either.

You got offered Ronaldo last year and said no. One year on, you still weren't after him until you heard City might be interested. That isn't a well thought out transfer policy, it smacks of knee jerk reaction that's all 

Not sure how things will work out with Fernandes and Ronaldo to be honest. They didn't seem to work well together for Portugal in the Euros! Will BF hand over pens and free-kicks? Maybe CR will generously allow him to take throw-ins????

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not sure how things will work out with Fernandes and Ronaldo to be honest. They didn't seem to work well together for Portugal in the Euros! Will BF hand over pens and free-kicks? Maybe CR will generously allow him to take throw-ins????