The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

it smacks of knee jerk reaction that's all 

If a knee jerk reaction is buying the 3rd top scorer in Europe's top 5 leagues last season (1 behind Messi) and one of the best players of all time, then I'm fine with a knee jerk reaction.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Not sure how things will work out with Fernandes and Ronaldo to be honest. They didn't seem to work well together for Portugal in the Euros! Will BF hand over pens and free-kicks? Maybe CR will generously allow him to take throw-ins????

That's one of my reservations too but they'll have much more time to work together in training etc

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

As for Grealish. It was more than I would have like to pay but fortunately it's not my money. He had a release clause and we met it

Grealish did not have a release clause of £100 million - that was purely the figure Villa asked for - there's a difference..

5 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Grealish did not have a release clause of £100 million - that was purely the figure Villa asked for - there's a difference..

I will do my due diligence on that then, as I was under the impression he had that 100mil in his contract

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

There is a video out there were the CEO of Villa was interviewed and he stated Grealish did have a release clause of 100 million. unlike Kane who had no release clause,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That isn't a well thought out transfer policy, it smacks of knee jerk reaction that's all 

If you consider this a 'knee jerk reaction', maybe you've been in LOS too long [assuming you are] ???? the veritable hub of knee jerk reactions. Cristiano claimed in the media as long ago as 2014 that he would love to return to MU:

Cristiano Ronaldo is considering a return to Manchester United

one of many links out there: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/football/2001393612/cristiano-ronaldo-is-considering-a-return-to-manchester-united

In the transfer market these days it pays to keep your powder dry. There will certainly be some concerns in the squad. Many would suggest especially Bruno Fernandes but maybe not:

'Agent Bruno!' - Fernandes claims credit as Ronaldo seals sensational Man Utd return

https://www.goal.com/en/news/agent-bruno-fernandes-claims-credit-as-ronaldo-seals-sensational-/cf6kllpn57eo1g75fh2nb8jxl

1 hour ago, Caspersfriend said:

If you consider this a 'knee jerk reaction', maybe you've been in LOS too long [assuming you are] ???? the veritable hub of knee jerk reactions. Cristiano claimed in the media as long ago as 2014 that he would love to return to MU:

Read my post again. I didn't say that Ronaldo didn't want to return. The points in your post don't make any sense in response to what I said.

Congrats on signing CR7, that was a surprise! 

I think it will be good for the PL, the man is a living legend.  He is probably one of the fittest 36-year olds on this planet.  But it's been 12 years since last time he played in England.  The pace has changed compared to La Liga and Serie A. 

I am not so sure he will turn things around for United, but we'll see.   At least the owners will get their money back, imagine how many CR7 shirts they will sell! 

Ohhh, we got away with one there, in more ways than one! After seeing it slowed down, that was a clear foul by Pogba in the lead up to our goal, but Wolves should've been at least 2-0 up by then. We couldn't keep the ball, we were getting carved apart through midfield and Fred... Words fail me how bad he was today! Still, am not complaining. Three games in, seven points, unbeaten and ahead of City. I'll take that. ????

I don't really know which game Ole was watching. We were under the cosh for most of the game, not just for "a spell"; Wolves were clearly the better team and had they fielded a proper finisher, they would've won with ease. Very, very lucky today. Keane made me laugh with what he said at half time:

Hope Ronaldo's not watching; he'll be pulling out of the deal!

• Like 2

They will be bringing on Ronaldo to shock the other teams. Don't think he will start many games at first.

I'm not a United supporter, but I think they have pulled a master stroke here. One of the best players to have ever kicked a ball at Manchester United. Wow!

Hope he has improved his winking. Is Rooney still playing?

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

They will be bringing on Ronaldo to shock the other teams. Don't think he will start many games at first.

I'm not a United supporter, but I think they have pulled a master stroke here. One of the best players to have ever kicked a ball at Manchester United. Wow!

Hope he has improved his winking. Is Rooney still playing?

One of the best players to have kicked a ball in the world not just United

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ohhh, we got away with one there, in more ways than one! After seeing it slowed down, that was a clear foul by Pogba in the lead up to our goal,

Had the foul been awarded a red would have followed.....just as bad as the Xhaka challenge at City...Souness called it a leg-breaker (and he should know all about them!)????

No mention anywhere about James' challenge on Trincao (straight after WB's clearance off the line) It was diabolical and a defo red card whether on or just off the pitch. Mind you Utd fans probably would have been happy to see him off as he is a waste of space. Can see a last minute sale as I doubt he's needed anymore, particularly when Rashford gets back!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

Leeds are in talks with player and Man U. Will that mean Raphinha is off? Otherwise they don't need a headless chicken like James.

What the heck? Bielsa wanting to get behind the defense with that diving little <deleted>? No thanks!

Daniel James seals Manchester United transfer to Leeds on deadline day

Man Utd have been active on transfer deadline day with Wales international Daniel James the latest player to leave the club

Good luck to the lad